US elections 2012.

Park Life

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear. I wonder if the Pittsburgh Steelers have a 98 reply thread on the UK elections when they come around.

The Steelers fans do like chatting about the UK, the London riots, the olympics, David Cameron and that tbf...

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=936140

http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/showpost.php?p=473028&postcount=19

;)

I presume Meenzer and your Dad went for a drink in London while dodging your texts? :lol:

Meenzer was with me, you cheeky fucker.

(but with his new-found fame, I'm assuming public appearances will keep his diary pretty full.)

The Steelers fans do like chatting about the UK, the London riots, the olympics, David Cameron and that tbf...

http://forums.steele...ad.php?p=936140

http://www.steelersf...28&postcount=19

;)

Fat cunts.

One thing is for certain though, the Premiership has more fans and garners more interest there than any of their wanky sports do here.

I must admit I dont know why we are so obsessed with America.

Because they are the world superpower and the global economy is entirely dependant on theirs. A massive proportion of UK business and employment is directly supplied by the US and their companies. They are major players in every war. They have complete control in the UN and where they cannot force a decision their way they have the autonomy to ignore the UN.

Apart from that there's no reason to take an interest in them.

Because they are the world superpower and the global economy is entirely dependant on theirs. A massive proportion of UK business and employment is directly supplied by the US and their companies. They are major players in every war. They have complete control in the UN and where they cannot force a decision their way they have the autonomy to ignore the UN.

Silly thing to say, the global economy is dependant on many things. Arab oil for one thing, the EU which has a higher GDP now than USA, and also China.

Feel like I'm going on about my trip in every other post, so apologies for that, but I have to say like, every person that asked where we were from related it back to football when we told them and talked about the Man U game we lost.

To be fair most of those people were in tourist areas trying to sell stuff, but still ... I doubt the fella selling tickets at the London eye would be knowing about who'd just played who in the NFL. NBC have just taken the football rights from Fox too and will be showing every single game apparently. Ashley bought at the right time I reckon.

Yes, but apart from al that.......

;)

Seriously though, very little of that changes with regards to whose running the whitehouse.

Its like here, very little difference whether Labour or Tory are in.

Silly thing to say, the global economy is dependant on many things. Arab oil for one thing, the EU which has a higher GDP now than USA, and also China.

USA is still the biggest single economy by far. Almost as big as the EC which is 27 countries and still twice the size of China's which has a far bigger population.

It's not silly like. More than half of the 25 most valuable companies in the world are american. China only have a few, the UK a couple. They're way out in front.

We had a big thread on the Iranian elections and fallout too iirc though. You didn't kick off in that thread because Iranians had no interest in the FA cup.

It's not silly like. More than half of the 25 most valuable companies in the world are american. China only have a few, the UK a couple. They're way out in front.

We had a big thread on the Iranian elections and fallout too iirc though. You didn't kick off in that thread because Iranians had no interest in the FA cup.

The USA represents about a 1/4 of global GDP. That's why it's important, whether people like it or not.

Could it be said that some of the reasons that the US election covered because it's quite a display of pageantry and often brings out the worst residents of that nation? It's polar as well, so easily marketed to the masses. You're either A or B.

Mind, that's one of the reasons I don't like US politics, if you're against an interventionist military, if you're in favour of more strict immigration controls and try and vote to reflect these positions you also have to vote for a candidate that's pro-gun, anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage, pro-taxbreaks for the wealthy.

Yes, but apart from al that.......

;)

Seriously though, very little of that changes with regards to whose running the whitehouse.

Its like here, very little difference whether Labour or Tory are in.

Well there is a canny difference, but it's swings and roundabouts. That's why I was pretty laid back about who won either way throughout the thread.

What strikes me is all those people who have defended Obama's record on the grounds that his hands were tied by the senate, that he was helpless and his only impact can be to make suggestions :D Those people are saying it would be armageddon for Romney to get in as he would fuck everything up completely with his unchecked power.

Why anyone cares about what happens to LeBron Jameson, the San Francisco Dolphins, or anything else to do with America is beyond me.

Leave them eating their root dogs and corn burgers is what I say.

Am I doing it right, Stevie? :razz: