A black footballers union

essembeeofsunderland

Can you imagine the outcry if say a year ago white players said they were going to have a union for white players only.

If the` black players only' union does materialise will the application form have the question ARE YOU BLACK.I thought it was an offence to discriminate because of a persons colour.

I suppose white players dont feel they are being unfairly discriminated against so there is no need for a white players union

I think the Rooney Rule would benefit the lower leagues more than the PL as it could give candidates with a non-white ethnicity a greater chance to prove themselves capable.

The rule if implemented may see more ethnic candidates given an interview but it doesn't mean they'll be deemed good enough to get the job. Paul Ince is a shocking manager who fails to recognise this. He had his chance at Blackburn and cocked it up - you won't see Steve Keane getting a PL job anytime soon will you? But he's white so that doesn't matter.

This could open a massive can of worms. For example if we do eventually see gay footballers come out will they want to create a seperate union etc?

Probably. Not sure what can of worms it would open though? The police have black and gay unions iirc, as do most other large organisations

I wonder what the first policy passed would be.`On team buses blacks at the front and whites at the back'. The whole thing sits uncomfortably with me.We are all equal in my eyes.

The way you're approaching this subject makes it pretty clear that's not true.

:lol:

I love the holier than thou attitude to SMB's police comments, even if they may be a bit OTT. I've encountered some right arrogant cunts in my time who've had a police uniform on so find the halo being put on them quite amusing. There's good lads and bad lads in life, the police are no different.

This could open a massive can of worms. For example if we do eventually see gay footballers come out will they want to create a seperate union etc?

As long as they do it in private, crack on. ;)

I wonder what the first policy passed would be.`On team buses blacks at the front and whites at the back'. The whole thing sits uncomfortably with me.We are all equal in my eyes.

Even mackems?

:lol:

I love the holier than thou attitude to SMB's police comments, even if they may be a bit OTT. I've encountered some right arrogant cunts in my time who've had a police uniform on so find the halo being put on them quite amusing. There's good lads and bad lads in life, the police are no different.

I think 99% of us are aware their are good police and bad police. SMB can't seem to make that distinction. Policeman = Bad

I've got a good plot for a film.Dirty Harry,who took his bit before disciplinary action was taken against him for killing 100s of innocent members of the general public ( with a good pension ) is picked upon by relatives of dead unarmed civilians he shot when in his prime,and they start stalking him and sending him letters saying `his time is up'.The 80 year old ex-cop goes after them,after hacking into police computers ( with the help of the police ) ,so he can get details of the innocent people he killed ( they were all brazilians who he killed and all innocently going to work ).I cannot tell you the end cos you then won't go to the cinema to watch it or buy the book.What do you think

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

I've got a good plot for a film.Dirty Harry,who took his bit before disciplinary action was taken against him for killing 100s of innocent members of the general public ( with a good pension ) is picked upon by relatives of dead unarmed civilians he shot when in his prime,and they start stalking him and sending him letters saying `his time is up'.The 80 year old ex-cop goes after them,after hacking into police computers ( with the help of the police ) ,so he can get details of the innocent people he killed ( they were all brazilians who he killed and all innocently going to work ).I cannot tell you the end cos you then won't go to the cinema to watch it or buy the book.What do you think

Sounds canny.