Newcastle v Swansea (H) 17/11/2012

The Fish

Thats what some are saying though CT...you personally cant have it both ways, love eberything about the club last season then "everythings shit" this season when the reality not a lot has changed. I don't think its as bad as people are painting. We created enough to get something from the last two games. Mind, I cant disagree too much, we're shite to watch atm. Movement was an issue last season too, its just that everything that Cisse and Ba hit went in.

Of course you can man!

Last season everythings going in, we're 3rd in the league on 25 points

This time nowts going in, we're 12th in the league on 14 points

We are third bottom on current form!

Most peoples expectations at the start of this season were higher than the at the start of 2011/12

If a long ball goes lands on Ba's boot for a volley past Man u we feel great, if it hits Mike Williamson and bounces nowhere we dont.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you can man!

Most peoples expectations at the start of this season were higher than the at the start of 2011/12

If a long ball goes lands on Ba's boot for a volley past Man u we feel great, if it hits Mike Williamson and bounces nowhere we dont.

:lol:

Whats changed though?....you've not made the case very well here. Your "cure all" of Shane in for Guti didnt get us a win on Saturday at home v moderate opposisition. I think we've been unlucky.

Of course you can man!

But that's just the differences you get in football, a hell of a lot of it is luck, our luck last year was enormous, and this year we're unlucky, if not hugely. You cant blame Pardew for everything, hes made some bad decisions but then he did last year too, its not all death or glory. I understand you're a bit of a contrarian after your supaaamike talk post Carroll leaving it seems weird that your lamenting the progress of the club now we've steadied.

The case I was making was explaining why you can "love newcastle" last season and "hate newcastle" this season even if you think the football is similar.

Not when you were cheerleader in fuckin chief for the entire regime last season you can't. Well, you can, but you'll run the risk of looking like a flip flopping, inconsistant whiner. And who wants to come across like that? :D

Not when you were cheerleader in fuckin chief for the entire regime last season you can't. Well, you can, but you'll run the risk of looking like a flip flopping, inconsistant whiner. And who wants to come across like that? :D

Each to their own I suppose. I enjoyed last year and am not enjoying this.

What CT is saying is that if Phil Collins sells 10 million albums it's a great album and if Phil Collins sells 500 albums it's a shit album.

The fact that both albums are Phil Collins is moot mute.

What CT is saying is that if Phil Collins's manager says to Phil "go out and knock them dead son, you're great" he probably will.

If he says "Phil I am bit worried you are going to be crap tonight, just play it safe and get through it" then he'll be crap.

What CT is saying is that if Phil Collins's manager says to Phil "go out and knock them dead son, you're great" he probably will.

If he says "Phil I am bit worried you are going to be crap tonight, just play it safe and get through it" then he'll be crap.

Oh so now it's not tactics, it's cheer leading that's the problem.

Did you invent the sandal?

Phil Collins would be most offended at your view he doesn't put on a great show every night...against all odds.

What can I say, he needs to win me over. You cant hurry love.

Can't you?

Pardew would simply take the England B team and make them all great

http://www.toontasti...80#entry1069277

He will be England Manager for the next world cup, nailed on.

http://www.toontasti...60#entry1069136

All credit to Pardew like. I think we are seeing a decent manager turn into a very good manager.

http://www.toontasti...20#entry1060668

Easy lover?

The moment that summed us up was in the first half where Tiote won the ball on the edge of the box and straight away he had 3 Swansea players on him. He didn't give a fuck. He took a couple of steps, did a few pivots, kept close control of the ball, fought them off with strength, looked up and saw Williamson was available and laid it off. Williamson didn't even take a second to look up. He turned 180 degrees and hit back at Krul who had no option but to hoof the fucker. You could see on Tiote's face a look of utter bewilderment as to why the fuck he had bothered. He had a pop at Williamson for it too.

Thats what pisses me off about Williamson as much as his league 2 standard defending. Same goes for Simpson. Shame we saw this weakness a long while back but our management just couldnt.

Dont be daft, of cource management know williamson and simpson are gash. They just cant be bothered upgrading them.

The club is ran as a business venture first and football club second. And before engaging in polemics about that last statement - you know full well what I mean.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

I am well aware of that theory. However, having spent nearly 7M on the likes of Anita, Im sure a few quid would have been available for a defender too. Maybe Pards was just hoping for another injury free season from Colo.

I am well aware of that theory. However, having spent nearly 7M on the likes of Anita, Im sure a few quid would have been available for a defender too. Maybe Pards was just hoping for another injury free season from Colo.

There is no money in defenders from a business point of view, hard to make money on them. Anita as a versatile midfielder as well could well be worth 13-15 million after a season.

Anita seemed like such a random buy when we were screaming for a RB and a CB of proven quality, but Ive given up trying to rationalize what they are thinking. Debauchy and Douglas should have been bought for a combined 12 mill in the summer, opportunity missed and we are heading for bottom-table this season so that chance will never come again.

There is no money in defenders from a business point of view, hard to make money on them. Anita as a versatile midfielder as well could well be worth 13-15 million after a season.

Anita seemed like such a random buy when we were screaming for a RB and a CB of proven quality, but Ive given up trying to rationalize what they are thinking. Debauchy and Douglas should have been bought for a combined 12 mill in the summer, opportunity missed and we are heading for bottom-table this season so that chance will never come again.

Liven up lad! That is a seriously pessimistic view. Nufc being Nufc we will undoubtedly have our ups and downs again but to there's a long way to go and all is not lost. 2 bad homes games ffs :lol: