Newcastle v Swansea (H) 17/11/2012

The Fish

I cant disagree with the fact that the summer did us over, but you cant blame ashley for the poor physical condition, shit tactics and turgid fotball. Blaming it on the squad is burrowing the head in the sand.

A lot of lesser clubs serve up far better fotball at the moment with weaker squads.

There is no excuse for this, least of all lack of spending in the summer market.

Yesterday wasn't turgid. Some individual mistakes cost dear. But the performance was better than last week.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danny Simpson is shite, crossing is not a difficult skill yet he's fucking useless at it. He's constantly out of position too. Williamson is out of his depth in the prem. Need defenders in Jan as a priority.

BA was shit yesterday but everyone is entitled to an off day.

Ba wasn't Shit at all. Missed some sitters but he was one of our best players. The direction and power he got on his headed goal given the balls flight and his approach was superb.

Did you miss it out of choice?

Shame shane in jonas out hasn't proved the be all and end all.

You would have been happier yesterday than last week though.

Aye, Christmas money required bla bla bla.

Unfortunately as I've mentioned each week, this turgid safety first football seems to have killed us making a very nervous team full of confidence lacking players.

I appreciate you are trying to play the keep calm and carry on card, but seems like those who are having a bit of a panic are fairly justified.

Joint third bottom with Sunderland in the current form table is a worry, particularly when Pardew seems unable to change it. He is striking me as a bit lost at the moment.

It's great that we played better yesterday but I just don't feel as confident in Pardew as I did. But hey that's football.

Yesterday wasn't turgid. Some individual mistakes cost dear. But the performance was better than last week.

I guess after a few months in the cage, a Macdonalds meal feels worthy of at least one michelin star.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

I cant disagree with the fact that the summer did us over, but you cant blame ashley for the poor physical condition, shit tactics and turgid fotball. Blaming it on the squad is burrowing the head in the sand.

A lot of lesser clubs serve up far better fotball at the moment with weaker squads.

There is no excuse for this, least of all lack of spending in the summer market.

Who do you think you're watching mate fuckin Barcelona? :lol:

We've had more seasons like this than like last season.....

I thought you had a season ticket?

Is football going the same way as the home brew and the camping?

Will you be moving on to a budgie forum?

;)

I do have a season ticket however like you, Matchday is the full experience including Alcohol. This means I can't work.

As I'm self employed, missing a Saturday or Sunday double shift to go to the match means I miss out on around £200. Add that all up and attending St James park is costing me around £3,500 to £4,000 on top of my season ticket and before pie expenses.

With Christmas coming fast, the decision to put £200 in Santas pocket or sit through another 90 minutes of turgid football, wasn't a hard one.

I do have a season ticket however like you, Matchday is the full experience including Alcohol. This means I can't work.

As I'm self employed, missing a Saturday or Sunday double shift to go to the match means I miss out on around £200. Add that all up and attending St James park is costing me around £3,500 to £4,000 on top of my season ticket and before pie expenses.

With Christmas coming fast, the decision to put £200 in Santas pocket or sit through another 90 minutes of turgid football, wasn't a hard one.

I can't drink at the match when I'm on call, you still go to the match though man.

I'm not saying anyone has to be a soopafan or owt. The likes of Alex and Gemmil both stopped going cos they weren't enjoying it.

Be truthful to yourself. It was nowt to do with money.

We had 27 shots and 10 on target, sum total one goal, conversion rate is the problem, should have been out of sight.

Can I point out the above stat is a misnomer when 80% of those 27 shots come from near impossible distances and/or are nowhere near target.

It's also for me one of the biggest problems with the team at the moment. The decision making by most of our attacking players to always shoot instead of trying to play a team mate in a better position is what is killing both the ability to score and the team's coherency.

You can see the exasperation in the other player's faces when they are standing in space as the ball balloons over their head and towards the corner flag/row z.

It's why the two Dembas are not clicking. It's why most of our shots are from outside the oppositions 18 yard box.

It's why we're not scoring.

Just my luck, first match this season and it all went wrong ......... flight delayed, very poor performance, quiet ground and grandson's first match. He has Coloccini on his shirt and he was banned. I was dreading going to bed, last night, in case I didn't wake up!

Sure, but with our current team of internationals there should be a way to play more interesting fotball than this.

So what do we do? Can you see Ashley either sacking Pardew for losing 2 games in 6 or spending his way out of this in January?

Neither of those things are going to happpen iyam. Deals are always more likely in the summer, last season was exceptional transfer wise. Its not going to be like that in every window. Patience is key here. I'm not expecting anyone to come in tbh. We may get this Douglas, he's only got 6 months left on his contract, but wil be cup tied for Europe.

Pardew seems to be lacking in a few departments this season; he cant bite the bullet and play one of either Cisse or Ba in a 4-3-3 and if he was, as he claims, waiting till 1345 for clearance to play Cisse then he wants shooting. Didnt look like it had much of an effect as the performance seems to have been better, but someone was left sitting there an hour before the team was due on the pitch wondering if he was playing or not. Thats not good. But I can't see any of that being reason for Ashley to sack him 2 months into an eight year contract.

We're having a shite season for loads of reasons but things won't change soon.

Edited by PaddockLad

So what do we do? Can you see Ashley either sacking Pardew for losing 2 games in 6 or spending his way out of this in January?

Neither of those things are going to happpen iyam. Deals are always more likely in the summer, last season was exceptional transfer wise. Its not going to be like that in every window. Patience is key here. I'm not expecting anyone to come in tbh. We may get this Douglas, he's only got 6 months left on his contract, but wil be cup tied for Europe.

Pardew seems to be lacking in a few departments this season; he cant bite the bullet and play one of either Cisse or Ba in a 4-3-3 and if he was, as he claims, waiting till 1345 for clearance to play Cisse then he wants shooting. Didnt look like it had much of an effect as the performance seems to have been better, but someone was left sitting there an hour before the team was due on the pitch wondering if he was playing or not. Thats not good. But I can't see any of that being reason for Ashley to sack him 2 months into an eight year contract.

We're having a shite season for loads of reasons but things won't change soon.

I Support our team, but I wont stand by a manager who has such blatant shortcomings as Pardew.

10 years into his managerial career he found himself sacked by a third tier club. If there is any talent there, seems like very few have been aware of it before.

The reasons for our shite season is as you say piling up, but its all due to the turgid fotballing philosophy of Pards.

Players hate it, we dont have the defense for it, frustration is building because poor moral gets coupled with poor form ( which is no coincidence and ultimately something the manager is responsible for).

We can try prozone-analyzing the shit out of every little thing that has gone wrong this season, but for me its staring us right in the eye.

Our Manager has no clue how to retain and coach possession and build-up play.

True, under Ashley we might well struggle to find a good replacement - but thats not a fans job, trying to find better options.

Our current manager is not good enough.

If i was Ben Arfa or Cisse I would be on the phone with my agent months ago yelling " Get me out of yurr"

Same manager and players as last season. I think the summer disrupted things behind the scenes more than we know at the moment. I know as football supporters we're not known for patience but at a club run by Ashley we're going to need it in spades. Not beyond the realms of possiblilty that one or two players leave in January, They'll be replaced, but we won't get the extra bodies we need. Its going to be a slow process.

Can I point out the above stat is a misnomer when 80% of those 27 shots come from near impossible distances and/or are nowhere near target.

It's also for me one of the biggest problems with the team at the moment. The decision making by most of our attacking players to always shoot instead of trying to play a team mate in a better position is what is killing both the ability to score and the team's coherency.

It's why we're not scoring.

This is certainly true of our attack. Cabaye is a big one for this this season, ridiculous volley attempts are plentiful. We get the same from Cisse on the odd occassion that he has the ball in an advanced position where he hasn't already been called offside. With Ben Arfa you can excuse the odd speculative shot as we know he's capable of scoring, and generally does all the hard work in making his own chances. Even still he creates the most chances for other players in the side. Played in Shola nicely only or him to miss the obvious lofted pass to Ba at the back post.

Teamwork on the whole is lacking from the back through to the front - there is none of the work ethic and comradely that saw us lay an excellent foundation for last season.

This game was far from our worst, but in the context of our season it was troubling particularly for the way we conceded.

I do feel that there were some positives to take from the match - Tiote had one of his better games this season, despite being well off the level he was at last season. Ba was again good up front, though could have converted more of his chances.

If only Sammy had Ferguson's ability to send in a cross (not his timing on doing so) as the efforts he made in this game were embarrassing. Ferguson looks afraid to take anyone on on the dribble, which is a worry for someone who plays in advanced wide positions. Simpson had some good link up play in stages of the game but his crossing was another level of shite. Should be made to practice crossing for hours at the next training session. Obviously more interested in getting his balls into a box of a different kind.

I hope that somehow the whole distraction of the Senegal/Cisse affair will serve to motivate Pappis to get back to his goalscoring best.

Coloccini can't be back soon enough, I just hope that Pardew stops unnecessarily changing up our fullbacks.

I thought we were better than Swansea ad deserved something from the game, we were on top when they scored but without Colo we are too vulnerable to counter attacks. In fact we've looked vulnerable like that for most of the season. It's difficult second album syndrome but we looked better yesterday. Caulkin called it a mess but I though that was a bit harsh. We lost to Swansea at home last season at the same time as losing to Norwich. Bit worse this season but if you were in the 'lucky to finish 5th' camp last season you have to give prominence to the role of luck this season too. I wasn't in that camp so I don't but just saying.

Edit: no we didn't, I'm thinking of the west brom game.

Edited by ChezGiven

Liverpool were unlucky last season, same as this. If Suarez isnt taking the they chances create, theres no one else. Is that starting to sound familiar? Its the story of the last two games for us.

It isnt luck if you hit the woodwork all season. The width and height of the goal is the same for everyone. Its apples and oranges though, as much as I hate to say it, their problem was converting their chances.

Their actual play was and is pretty good. Our problems run much deeper, we lack an attacking plan as a whole, something that is much harder to rectify.

If we played lovely attacking fotball but failed to score despite many sitters I would not be pointing any fingers at pardew other than possibly more shot training.

Id kill to have liverpools problems at the moment...

It isnt luck if you hit the woodwork all season. The width and height of the goal is the same for everyone. Its apples and oranges though, as much as I hate to say it, their problem was converting their chances.

Their actual play was and is pretty good. Our problems run much deeper, we lack an attacking plan as a whole, something that is much harder to rectify.

If we played lovely attacking fotball but failed to score despite many sitters I would not be pointing any fingers at pardew other than possibly more shot training.

Id kill to have liverpools problems at the moment...

Fuck off and watch them then mate. NUFC clearly dont make you happy, and lets face it in Norway you have a lot of choice. If you cant see we created enough both last week and this week to win the game then theres no hope for you, or seemingly the team and Pardew.

Don't understand why people get so irate at what Managers say in an interview immediately after the game. I'd be surprised if they didn't choose their lines with both eyes firmly on the impact they'll have on the dressing room. Right now, we're playing without confidence, I can't imagine your boss saying you're fucking shit will inspire you that much. :lol:

Don't understand why people get so irate at what Managers say in an interview immediately after the game. I'd be surprised if they didn't choose their lines with both eyes firmly on the impact they'll have on the dressing room. Right now, we're playing without confidence, I can't imagine your boss saying you're fucking shit will inspire you that much. :lol:

Agreed, not sure why anyone ever takes what managers say in interviews seriously, unless he is talking about an injured player you should ignore everything.