Cabaye crocked til new year

ADP

I think there is an element in truth about some of it.

With the players we have (especially with the first 11) we should be retaining the ball and not just hoofing it. This is obviously something that is practiced on the training ground and to be fair got us lots of results last year. The problem is that when we dont get results it looks awful. We dont have any players that play in between the lines (well be have Ben Arfa but he plays on the wing) so its quite a static 4-4-2. Plus its difficult to get players in advanced positions with the long ball.

I'd be tempted to start Marveaux next game but its pointless if he is just going to be bypassed. Southampton is a big pitch and nice surface which we should get a lot of time on the ball.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People, including me, thought he'd be the answer but the truth is Marveaux hasn't done much when he has been on. Limited time, but largely unimpressive. It's like saying the pitch is big so start obertan as with his pace, he'll lose people. Again, the truth is its just a bigger pitch for him to run up his own arse.

The biggest things that got us results last season were good defending with a lot of luck and moments of individual brilliance. Without Colo the back four goes to shit and Cisse has gone to shit for God knows why. I don't think pardew has much idea about what to do other than hope Ben Arfa and Ba can pull something out of the hat. Individual moments rather than an overall convincing team display thrashed out on the training pitch.

True. I guess he hasnt had a decent run to prove himself though. Its worrying that Ferguson and Sammy have jumped ahead of him in the pecking order though. It would have been nice if his shot had gone in on Sat. A nice confidence boost. He has very good technique and will want to pass it around.

Cisse needs to find his form as well. Worrying the decline in form . Maybe Cisse and Ba just cant play together? They take up very similar positions. Ba is absolute quality though and we'll be in the shit if he leaves in january.

Don't waste your time with this guy.

And the aim of your pointless quotations are? :lol:

I tried, but I cant watch us anymore - its too painful.

You have been one of Pardews biggest disciples on here, waxing lyrically about his strengths and about giving him time.

I got massive amounts of stick last year for pointing out our dross performances even when we were picking up points.

Oh and behold now the seeds that were sown last year is starting to blossom and I am proven right, queue a few more losses in a row and I suspect you will come crawling like the grovelling little maggot that you are.

Pardew makes Allardyce come across as Jose fucking Mourinho, bailed out by Ba, Cisse and HBA last year.

Fuck off Alan.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Last couple of games I havent watched on purpose, because I get sick to the back of my teeth of how we play. Checking the result already ruins my weekend so I cant be bothered to watch through 90 minutes of torture either.

Feels like some on here are of the opinion if you dont back pardew you dont back the team. I have to reject that notion, he cant hide behind the squad anymore - this is all down to him.

People, including me, thought he'd be the answer but the truth is Marveaux hasn't done much when he has been on. Limited time, but largely unimpressive. It's like saying the pitch is big so start obertan as with his pace, he'll lose people. Again, the truth is its just a bigger pitch for him to run up his own arse.

The biggest things that got us results last season were good defending with a lot of luck and moments of individual brilliance. Without Colo the back four goes to shit and Cisse has gone to shit for God knows why. I don't think pardew has much idea about what to do other than hope Ben Arfa and Ba can pull something out of the hat. Individual moments rather than an overall convincing team display thrashed out on the training pitch.

Also the team were mentally 'in a different place' last year. Cisse was eager and fresh to the battle (the Ba tensions surfaced much later). Cbaye was playing it seems to me much more confidently and this was coupled with average expectations and no pressure. After the 5th place finish and a poor window the balloon has been deflated somewhat. I also suspect one or two of them expected instant interest from a 'bigger club' (read more money)...I suspect Ba is in this camp and perhaps Tiote who has been careless and aimless this season. Pards needs to get hearts and minds back to the task at hand...It might prove too much for him and things need to be freshened up in Jan as I'm pretty sure one of the big names will leave (Ba imo).

I think there is an element in truth about some of it.

With the players we have (especially with the first 11) we should be retaining the ball and not just hoofing it. This is obviously something that is practiced on the training ground and to be fair got us lots of results last year. The problem is that when we dont get results it looks awful. We dont have any players that play in between the lines (well be have Ben Arfa but he plays on the wing) so its quite a static 4-4-2. Plus its difficult to get players in advanced positions with the long ball.

I'd be tempted to start Marveaux next game but its pointless if he is just going to be bypassed. Southampton is a big pitch and nice surface which we should get a lot of time on the ball.

Inbetween the lines players we have only one and as you say he's stuck out left (but wanders in as he reads the game).

It's very possible. The mistakes in his English still look a little bit too deliberate times

I'm convinced of it, the deliberate mistakes in English and those mis-directions about him being with lasses were clearly designed to hide his true identity. In depth knowledge of Newcastle curry houses too. Its all coming together.

Fucking hell fop you twisted, arse-gaping muscle mary, get out of the closet.

True. I guess he hasnt had a decent run to prove himself though. Its worrying that Ferguson and Sammy have jumped ahead of him in the pecking order though. It would have been nice if his shot had gone in on Sat. A nice confidence boost. He has very good technique and will want to pass it around.

Cisse needs to find his form as well. Worrying the decline in form . Maybe Cisse and Ba just cant play together? They take up very similar positions. Ba is absolute quality though and we'll be in the shit if he leaves in january.

That is exactly the reason up front. I mentioned this last season that they are clueless playing together up to the point that IMO, pardew shouldn't do it. Work on Ben Arfa playing behind Ba, put Cisse on the bench until he gets his act together as his overall game has been right off, not just his lack of goals. Problem is that I think Pardew is more of a fingers crossed and hope manager rather than a tactician

Get rid of obertan and ameobi and buy Falcao. That would help.

That is exactly the reason up front. I mentioned this last season that they are clueless playing together up to the point that IMO, pardew shouldn't do it. Work on Ben Arfa playing behind Ba, put Cisse on the bench until he gets his act together as his overall game has been right off, not just his lack of goals. Problem is that I think Pardew is more of a fingers crossed and hope manager rather than a tactician

Get rid of obertan and ameobi and buy Falcao. That would help.

:rolleyes: