Newcastle

SuperHans

Hey everyone,

Going to Newcastle to watch football and would appreciate any good advices on;

*Quality restaurants (noticed the thread below this one, so i'll take a look there aswell obviously)

*Shopping (quality denim,streetwear,casual)

Already noticed endclothing has their physical store there, but anything else thats similair? Maybe some good second hand store?

*Pubs/Clubs with focus on music (britpop,punk,reggae etc)

*Pubs with broad selection of local, american and/or belgian beers?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by SuperHans

Cafe 21 is my favourite place in town. Does all different kinds of cuisine. Can't recommend it enough.

For pubs of your taste you're looking at The Bacchus, the new Brew Dog place that has opened, Crown Posada, The Forth, The Bridge Hotel, Tilleys Bar, The Town Wall.

Best to check out this site in all honesty.

http://www.theburglarsdog.co.uk/

Strawberry is a good pint and there's always a few away lads in but it'll be heaving on match day. Tilleys does a reggae/dub DJ set on Saturdays that's always mint.

Does anyone know if the Tanners still does a dub night? Or Newcastle's Top Wednesday Evening Dub Night as they used to call it.

My mate runs the Dog and Parrot. Nice rock themed pub

Used to be one of my fave haunts as a bairn. Used to do Broken Doll, Dog & Parrot and Farmers if we went top end.

There was a cracking Halal Tandoori over the road as well that used to be bang on.

Used to be one of my fave haunts as a bairn. Used to do Broken Doll, Dog & Parrot and Farmers if we went top end.

There was a cracking Halal Tandoori over the road as well that used to be bang on.

The last orders pub in me youth (and not so youth) on any trip to the town (sometimes as last stop before the Mayfair) Long lamented :-(

Cafe 21 is my favourite place in town. Does all different kinds of cuisine. Can't recommend it enough.

For pubs of your taste you're looking at The Bacchus, the new Brew Dog place that has opened, Crown Posada, The Forth, The Bridge Hotel, Tilleys Bar, The Town Wall.

Best to check out this site in all honesty.

http://www.theburglarsdog.co.uk/

Those places seems excellent and exactly what we're looking for. Thanks.

Same goes for Dog and Parrot.

Thanks everyone else aswell :)

fuckin helll...must have brushed shoulders a few times....the broken doll is one of my favourite ever pubs. Best jukebox I've ever seen. Put the one in the "world famous" (:lol:) Trent House into a cocked hat :)

Does anyone know if the Tanners still does a dub night? Or Newcastle's Top Wednesday Evening Dub Night as they used to call it.

A mate and his mrs used to rent a flat down the hill from the Tanners . Top location for quayside but had to keep your eyes open . I went round one Saturday morning for a brew and saw a couple of lads walking by the carpark - all chipper nowtsthematter . On my way back to car an hour later past they walk literally dragging each other smacked to the nines . Fucking tragic tbh .

Dubnobasswithmybrownman .

Are you discounting the Barley Mow here ?

Naa...Quayside boozers were a bit exotic for us country hics and too far from SJP for a visit om matchdays....may have been in it once, did it have toilets that make The Clock's conveniances look like a B&Q showroom?...

The Hotspur's a good bet. Close to the ground (6 minute walk) and sells real ale. Good atmosphere on match day and doesn't entertain too many dickhead's. It's opposite the Haymarket bus station.

For eating, I would walk down to the 397 train Indian restaurant near 'As you like it', opposite the TA centre. 5 minute walk from aforementioned Hotspur.

Couldn't comment on any clubs as haven't been in one for years.

Avoid the Gate and the Bigg Market like the Plague. You're likely to catch something equally as bad.

Would have been 16/17 year old and when our Friday and Saturday night bus in/out of town used to be from the old Haymarket stop. Days of Best Company jumpers, Chevignon cord shirts, Chipie t-shirts we would start at Luckies for the pint and half then work downover to Steppes, Dobsons, Wilders (!?) on towards Bigg Market then on to what was Quayside .

Bearing in mind the 11pm closing and that we were heading further away from the 11:20 last bus home of Haymarket I used to fuckin love that bar .

Frequently get there about 10:30 and always get snakebites by means of a turboshift . It was so eclectic, it was great

. You could be having a lag stood talking to some speeding Buzzcocks fanatic with Peter Tosh playing and all would be on an even keel . Then stand on the terrace with a weed arguing the toss . Fucking magic place .

Only trouble was then trying to get the last bus ! Folk would be off on solo taxi trips , some would try running back up etc. Loads of great memories of there .

Naa...Quayside boozers were a bit exotic for us country hics and too far from SJP for a visit om matchdays....may have been in it once, did it have toilets that make The Clock's conveniances look like a B&Q showroom?...

fuckin helll...must have brushed shoulders a few times....the broken doll is one of my favourite ever pubs. Best jukebox I've ever seen. Put the one in the "world famous" ( :lol:) Trent House into a cocked hat :)

Ah the Doll, that's where I found Theakstons Old Peculiar and it mugged me on several occasions. Loved that place I did. Live gigs for £2 a pop upstairs as well.