Fridge water Filters

Christmas Tree

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume CT you don't live in the North East where water purity is at 99.9% making tap water just as good as most bottled water. Because this of course would make your expensive hard to find filter totally redundant.

Unfortunately I live in the world of marriage where she who must be obeyed, swears she can taste the difference. And at 8 or 9 quid it's not that expensive to keep her happy.

Hence nearly 25 years of married bliss

Tell your lass they're notorious for spreading Legionella.

More reason surely then to change the current old cartridge.

I have however had a cunning plan that involves seeing if the water filter button on the fridge once pressed, simply resets it like a service countdown light on a car.

This could potentially....

Allow me to claim the job is done and the keep pressing the button every six months ( shades of lost :lol: ) or at least order one off line!

*tyres screech as the taxi races homewards*

At home and excitedly eyeing up "the button".

Making a cup of tea first to try and temper haste in this sneaky plan. Its at this point that usually I fuck things up and I expect an tidal wave of water to start spreading through the kitchen.

Every fibre in my body is screaming at me to dig out the instructions or at least google what the button does. All the time whilst the button itself is giving me come to bed eyes and teasing me into one little push. After all, its only a push, it doesnt really mean anything.

Somebody stop me, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Could you not plumb the line to bypass the filter

God you are good :lol:

As it happens I couldnt, but I know a man who could.

I of course have to wait and make it through the "taste test" first. All being well she will comment on its clarity tonight, I will maintain a straight face and operation filter removal will be all systems go. :)

You can get the filters in any plumber's merchants. If you can, take the model number and make, if not, take a piccy. PTS, Pipeline etc etc they'll all sort you out today CT.

I'll forward the invoice by PM ;)

Well I followed the link Barron Gemmill sent and rang them. "Dont keep them but can order in". On explaining my desperation he advised I go to his supplier (NTS on Tyne Tunnel trading estate). Off I headed, getting lost on the way and ending up in Jesmond Dene. On arrival and two computer checks I was told..... "Dont have none but can order in".

Asked for other suggestions - None.

Saw screwfix and Plum Base on the way out. Noh, zilch.

And now.... the button has been pressed, the lie has been told and the wife may even reimburse me the cash ;) In other words the moment of desperation has passed.

You can get the filters in any plumber's merchants. If you can, take the model number and make, if not, take a piccy. PTS, Pipeline etc etc they'll all sort you out today CT.

I'll forward the invoice by PM ;)

PS, Hows the man bag going. Seriously Im not being funny and tried looking for the thread earlier today but couldnt find it.

Are you using it all the time now?

Do you wonder how you ever managed without it?

Does it draw remarks for a man of your age to be wearing one?

Very Interested.