Oven Cleaning

Christmas Tree

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oven Watch

£67 is a fucking bargain. Already been going at this for an hour and had to stop for a break.

Shelves in the bag

Had a hole in my marigolds whilst handling this fluid so now have a warm tingling burning sensation on my hand :(

Lots of grease and grime in the bag but still plenty of spots on the shelves that need good old fashioned soapy water and scraping with a knife. Now gleaming and in the dishwasher to ensure all traces of nitric acid or whatever is gone.

The Oven

Lovely job on the back and sides (which wernt really marked anyway), however the bottom of the oven where stuff has dripped and burnt on is a different matter altogether and is not shifting. No Bicarbonate of soda in the house and a sick child preventing an Asda run. Found some Mr Muscle oven cleaner in the cupboard so giving that a bash now. Will then be moving on to googling for other tips to make an all conquering oven cleaner using the contents of my cupboard / fridge. I have a feeling the bowl full of lemons I bought having watched Nigella (but with no plan what to do with them) will play a part.

£67...... cheap. :(

On an unrelated note, for some reason my laptop left button / touchpad that has not worked for weeks, has suddenly started working again. :)

For some daft reason CT reminds me of this old joke;

CT: "Doctor, everytime I touch my arm it hurts, every time I touch my legs it hurts and when I touch my head it also knacks.

Doctor: "You've a broken finger."

65 replies from an oven cleaning thread, the mans a genius.

Its amazing what you can learn. Just look at what Ive / We've learnt about Bicarbonate of Soda via Ugly Mackems and Mrs Thrifty.....

1.Sprinkle a bit of bicarb on a wet cloth and use it in bathrooms, kitchens and anywhere else that you would normally use a cream cleaner.

2. Add a small bowl of bi carb to your fridge to neutralise smells. Change it once a month and your fridge should stay fresh.

3. Pour 200g of bicarbonate of soda, swiftly followed by a kettle of boiling water down your sinks once a week to keep them clean and unblocked.

4. Soak smelly or stained tupperware in hot water with a sprinkling of bicarbonate of soda over night.

5. Sprinkle bicarbonate of soda on to BBQ grills, then soak, in order to reduce scrubbing.

6. Add 4tbsp of bicarb to a spray bottle 3/4 filled with boiling water - shake well. Allow to cool a little then add your favourite scented essential oils. Allow to cool completely and use as a spray to freshen clothes and soft furnishings.

7. Lightly dust your carpets with bicarbonate of soda, leave over night then vacuum come morning. Your carpets will be fresh and clean.

8. Pour a glug of vinegar (malt will do) down your toilet, followed by a couple of tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda. Allow to fizz up and settle, then flush.

9. I clean my oven with a paste made from salt, bicarb and warm water, it makes it look shiny and new, which sad as it sounds, pleases me no end.

10. Clean thermos flasks (new and vintage) with bicarb and water, I find it takes any niffy smells out almost straight away.

This is life gold nuggets right here.

Its amazing what you can learn. Just look at what Ive / We've learnt about Bicarbonate of Soda via Ugly Mackems and Mrs Thrifty.....

1.Sprinkle a bit of bicarb on a wet cloth and use it in bathrooms, kitchens and anywhere else that you would normally use a cream cleaner.

2. Add a small bowl of bi carb to your fridge to neutralise smells. Change it once a month and your fridge should stay fresh.

3. Pour 200g of bicarbonate of soda, swiftly followed by a kettle of boiling water down your sinks once a week to keep them clean and unblocked.

4. Soak smelly or stained tupperware in hot water with a sprinkling of bicarbonate of soda over night.

5. Sprinkle bicarbonate of soda on to BBQ grills, then soak, in order to reduce scrubbing.

6. Add 4tbsp of bicarb to a spray bottle 3/4 filled with boiling water - shake well. Allow to cool a little then add your favourite scented essential oils. Allow to cool completely and use as a spray to freshen clothes and soft furnishings.

7. Lightly dust your carpets with bicarbonate of soda, leave over night then vacuum come morning. Your carpets will be fresh and clean.

8. Pour a glug of vinegar (malt will do) down your toilet, followed by a couple of tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda. Allow to fizz up and settle, then flush.

9. I clean my oven with a paste made from salt, bicarb and warm water, it makes it look shiny and new, which sad as it sounds, pleases me no end.

10. Clean thermos flasks (new and vintage) with bicarb and water, I find it takes any niffy smells out almost straight away.

My oven cost a grand and cleans itself.

Clearly taken from 'Bi-carbsoda.com', the biggest wholesaler of Bicarbonate of soda in Western Europe, buy bicarb at great prices in a vast array of different bulk quantities. From cleaning ovens to cleaning your teeth, from dyeing your pubes white for that 'Gemmill' look to ridding your fridge of that two day old baked bean odour, it's all here at Bi-carbsoda.com! Get yourself a bargain now!