Best Team

Christmas Tree

Assuming all players are fit and Debuchy has signed, what would be your favourite formation and team to take to the field?

Think mine would be

Krul

Debuchy Taylor Coloccini Santon

Tiote Cabaye

HBA Marveaux Ba

Cisse

That would terrorise some defences.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't say it would happen. This is pick YOUR favourite formation and team not predicting what Pardew will pick.

My favourite formation is the one Pardew picks. He knows more about football then me.

Correct me if am wrong, but hes seldom if ever put Cisse and Ba on the pitch with Cisse playing centrally this season, certainly not as a starting formation. With everyone from March onwards last season playing at the top of their games it was easy to carry Ba out wide but he was barely contributing a fucking thing in some games. This season, with a lot of our top players either injured or a sad shadow form wise of what they were last spring, we cant afford to carry anybody. Its not worth the risk, and with a fully fit squad I'd drop one or the other to the bench.

Now explain why you think you know better than Pardew.

My favourite formation is the one Pardew picks. He knows more about football then me.

Correct me if am wrong, but hes seldom if ever put Cisse and Ba on the pitch with Cisse playing centrally this season, certainly not as a starting formation. With everyone from March onwards last season playing at the top of their games it was easy to carry Ba out wide but he was barely contributing a fucking thing in some games. This season, with a lot of our top players either injured or a sad shadow form wise of what they were last spring, we cant afford to carry anybody. Its not worth the risk, and with a fully fit squad I'd drop one or the other to the bench.

Now explain why you think you know better than Pardew.

Jesus wept you miserable old bastard it's a bit of fun to see what team others would play if they were picking the team.

Get over being ripped off on NYE and lighten up :lol:

If you don't want to list your team then don't. ;)

Jesus wept you miserable old bastard it's a bit of fun to see what team others would play if they were picking the team.

Get over being ripped off on NYE and lighten up :lol:

If you don't want to list your team then don't. ;)

:lol:

Answer the question...why in gods name would you play Cisse up front instead of Ba this season? It makes no logical sense. This isnt football manager, these lads actually have to cross a white line and play. You set yourself up for this, which I guess is pretty much the point ;)

:lol:

Answer the question...why in gods name would you play Cisse up front instead of Ba this season? It makes no logical sense. This isnt football manager, these lads actually have to cross a white line and play. You set yourself up for this, which I guess is pretty much the point ;)

This is Football Manager!!!!

This is exactly the point of this thread!!!

I'm quite happy that my team would perform well, I'm quite happy that like Pardew I realise the dilemma of having two great strikers at the club who struggle to play together yet you want to try and get them both on the field. That's what Ive done with my FANTASY football team.

Now put up or shut up :)

If we're assuming Debuchy has arrived it would make sense to take Ba out of the team. I wouldn't be playing HBA & Marveaux in the same team either - especially if Marveaux is pinching Hatem's number 10 role.

If we're assuming Debuchy has arrived it would make sense to take Ba out of the team. I wouldn't be playing HBA & Marveaux in the same team either - especially if Marveaux is pinching Hatem's number 10 role.

The problem I have with HBA (which I'll be mocked for but hey ho), is that you just never know what he is going to do so its very hard for those around him to predict or play too. Of course it will result in a few amazing goals a season, but maybe not as many assists. I think someone like Marveaux would more often look for and find a telling pass.

Id still like to see them both link up again though.

play Obertan and HBA either side of Cisse when attacking

they then make a 5 in the centre of the park when the opposistion are attacking either side of Tiote,Perch and Cabaye

Perch sits at the base, protects the back 4

We play better with Perch in midfield this season, we keep posseison a lot more. And theres then pace either side of Cisse. Guti and Marveux to change the game from the bench.

Edited by PaddockLad

play Obertan and HBA either side of Cisse when attacking

they then make a 5 in the centre of the park when the opposistion are attacking either side of Tiote,Perch and Cabaye

Perch sits at the base, protects the back 4

We play better with Perch in midfield this season, we keep posseison a lot more. And theres then pace either side of Cisse. Guti and Marveux to change the game from the bench.

So thats

Krul

Perch

Cabaye Tiote

Hba Cisse Obertan

The problem I have with HBA (which I'll be mocked for but hey ho), is that you just never know what he is going to do so its very hard for those around him to predict or play too. Of course it will result in a few amazing goals a season, but maybe not as many assists.

Despite the fact that only Cabaye had more assists last season?

The problem I have with HBA (which I'll be mocked for but hey ho), is that you just never know what he is going to do so its very hard for those around him to predict or play too. Of course it will result in a few amazing goals a season, but maybe not as many assists. I think someone like Marveaux would more often look for and find a telling pass.

Id still like to see them both link up again though.

Ben Arfa is our most creative player and our most talented - he'll be more productive in his preferred role. He'll naturally drift around anyway but have him running at centre backs and their arses tend to fall out. Plus he works well with Ba & Cabaye particularly. 3 goals & 2 two assists despite playing in a long ball style he dislikes & playing few games.

Marveaux has looked good recently but I wouldn't be giving him Hatem's role on the basis he's predictable.

So thats

Krul

Perch

Cabaye Tiote

Hba Cisse Obertan

Yes. Thank you for the Deano-esque diagram :)

Feel free to pick the bones out of it if you wish....thats obviously if Ba leaves, if Ba stays, he starts every time.

It's shit like this that reminds me CT knows fuck all about football and bases all his decisions on gut instinct.

Marveaux has played a sum total of 1053 minutes for Newcastle's first team, scoring twice and providing three assists. Hatem Ben Arfa has scored 3 and provided 4 assists, this season. He is clearly a better player. Despite this, CT reckons Marveaux should be preferred.

thats obviously if Ba leaves, if Ba stays, he starts every time.

I think that's the rub here like, Even with no injuries, we don't really have the quality in the squad that would mean we can try different personell to any great extent and see much discussion of a "best team".

Debuchy would always start ahead of Simpson.

Colo and Taylor would always start ahead of Williamson.

Santon would always start ahead of Ferguson

Ben Arfa ahead of Marveaux

Tiote/cabaye ahead of Perch/Anita

Ba ahead of Shola

The notion of Marveaux keeping Ben Arfa out of the starting team is preposterous. Coming off the bench for him he could do the job maybe.