FA Cup 4th Round Draw

Craig

Glad to say I'm not, though obviously I love the fact that I get to study the archive footage every-fucking-year!

Someone should infiltrate the beeb and burn that reel. bet they've only got one fucking copy. They'd be fucked for stuff to put on FA Cup Match of the Day end credits footage then!

76573[/snapback]

More Newcastle-bashing by the beeb tbh. I remember Coventry as cup holders getting knocked out against non-league Sutton United back in 1988 but how often do we get to see that? :rolleyes:

76589[/snapback]

True like. Think we suffer cos Radfords goal was such a rocket though-unlike the Sutton one which was just a header from a corner so not as spectacular. Though having said that Radford's goal wasnt even the winner anyway.

76594[/snapback]

And there's Mickey Thomas' free-kick for Wrexham when the beat Arsenal - hardly ever see that one. Also when Woking kicked West Brom's arse and Grazioli got a hat-trick - never see that one neither...

Nope, but the fuckers still remind us every year that Stevenage took us to a reply in 1998! :(

76612[/snapback]

Coventry and West Brom aren't big clubs now though, Wrexham I believe were a league outfit were they not?

Anyway, that Hereford footage doesn't bother me; too before my time.

76625[/snapback]

Renton man, stop fucking splitting hairs - Coventry were the cup holders at the time and West Brom were riding high in the old division 2. Wrexham were in the 4th division but they beat the League Champions for fuck's sake! :lol:

76630[/snapback]

I think my points are relevant, as are some of the other points on why that reel is always shown. It's because we are a big club, in fact traditionally a massive FA cup club. I see it as a compliment, much in the way away fans slag off Shearer.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have Cheltenham or Chester got terraces?

76621[/snapback]

http://www.footballgroundguide.co.uk/

cheltenham

At one end of the ground is the newest addition to the stadium. The Carlsberg Stand was opened in December 2005 and has a capacity of 1,100 fans. This stand is given to away supporters and is particularly steep in its design. It has a perspex windshield to one side and perspex panels incorporated into its roof, to allow more light to reach the pitch. The stand is unusual in the respect that it has a couple of more rows of seats on one side of it. On one side of the ground is another relatively new stand. The In2Print Stand was opened in November 2001 and was built by Barr Construction. This stand sits proudly at one side of the pitch and houses 2,034 supporters. It is a covered, all seated, single tiered stand, part of which is sometimes given to away supporters. On the other side of the pitch is the UCAS Main Stand, which has seating to the rear and terracing at the front. Straddling the half way line, it does not extend the full length of the pitch, having open spaces to either side. At one end is the small, covered, Cheltenham & Gloucester Terrace, which is the home end of the ground.

chester city

The ground was opened in 1992. All four sides are covered and are roughly the same height, making the stadium look quite tidy. Each stand has perspex windshields to each side, whilst the corners of the ground are open. The stadium is a small, fairly simple affair with two sides being seated and the two ends being terrace. The East Stand is slightly taller than the facing West Stand, having a few more rows of seating and some enclosed glassed viewing areas at the back of it. The stadium is completed with a set of four thin modern floodlight pylons. One interesting fact about the ground is that most of it (apart from half the East Stand and the club offices) is in actually situated in Wales.

Ok well answer this one, do you think 8 years from now, the press will still be wanking over the fact that Burton Albion took Man Utd to a replay?

FFS, they've already forgotten that non-league Exeter did it this time last year, yet they still get excited about the Stevenage game...

Ok well answer this one, do you think 8 years from now, the press will still be wanking over the fact that Burton Albion took Man Utd to a replay?

FFS, they've already forgotten that non-league Exeter did it this time last year, yet they still get excited about the Stevenage game...

76640[/snapback]

I don't agree they do get excited by the Stevenage game in particular. It's the fact we LOST to Hereford in a LATE round of the FA cup, as well as all the other things mentioned, in as much as it's become a tradition to show it. Be paranoid all you want, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

76640[/snapback]

I've told you why they show it as often as possible - fuckin' MOTSON! That is the reason, plain and simple. They fuckin' love the guy.

Harry Redknapp has always said it's his sweetest FA Cup victory. Squat eyed twat.

76637[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

His Jamie's a lovely looking lad though but, isnt he?!

76648[/snapback]

That's because I'm his real father!!! :lol:

76655[/snapback]

Well Iam well chuffed with this one as long as the Blues beat the chelts its game on.

Harry Redknapp has always said it's his sweetest FA Cup victory. Squat eyed twat.

76637[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

His Jamie's a lovely looking lad though but, isnt he?!

76648[/snapback]

That's because I'm his real father!!! :lol:

76655[/snapback]

Well Iam well chuffed with this one as long as the Blues beat the chelts its game on.

76668[/snapback]

i bet you are! :(

Come on Cheltenham! I've got a mate who supports them, and I feel a soopafan away trip coming on.

Naaa, come on Chester! I've got family there and wor kid's boss knows the directors. I can feel an away trip coming on!!! Directors box* anyone........

*Bearing in mind the Deva Stadium can only hold 12 on a good day and the Directors box is an old bus shelter :rolleyes:

I've been to Chester which means we must have played them in a cup competition.  Vague memories of a defeat, Hereford was not in a late round of the FA cup.

76851[/snapback]

Ian Rush 0-2

76871[/snapback]

The 1980 2-0 was at home.

I think we played them in the mid 70s in the League cup.

Just checked - 74-75 - lost 1-0 in a replay at their place.

Edited by NJS

76640[/snapback]

Your "media are picking on us" stance is getting very boring now tbh.