Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

That will just lead to no deal. When it comes to the vote, Labour won’t want to go down in history as the party that caused no deal.

Hasn't even happened and the tory is already trying to blame someone else.

There are so many things that they've got wrong not least allowing an impossibly complicated decision to be put in the hands of dullards like CT. It's like a neurosurgeon handing the scalpel to the janitor. 

Even now CT is giggling away to himself as grown men try to have an adult conversation with him. Rather than concede it's been a shitshow from day 1, he's trying to make out like Brexit is going to somehow give birth to Britain's growth. I cannot believe he believes it himself, but as ever, he clearly thinks that as long as he's ok, who gives a fuck?

• Like 1

There is absolutely no way that Labour will fear 'going down in history as the party that caused no deal'. That's fucking ludicrous. Only one party caused no deal, the one that decided to move away from perfectly feasible if rather pointless Norway style options and embrace utter lunacy.

Labour might be remembered for generally doing fuck all about any of this, but not for actively making it happen.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

There is absolutely no way that Labour will fear 'going down in history as the party that caused no deal'. That's fucking ludicrous. Only one party caused no deal, the one that decided to move away from perfectly feasible if rather pointless Norway style options and embrace utter lunacy.

Labour might be remembered for generally doing fuck all about any of this, but not for actively making it happen.

You’re pretty naive if you can’t see how this will be framed come the vote.

When May agreed the withdrawal agreement with the EU there will be euphoria in the media, here and in the EU. Barnier, Junker, Tusk, Merkel and Macron will be celebrating and congratulating each other. EU leaders will be frothing about our future relationship. British business will be buzzing and Christmas will almost be upon us. Peace and goodwill to all men and then up steps Jeremy.....

C03BD605-A4B9-4BA4-B680-51ACAC1B0891.jpeg

I'll be honest, I stopped paying attention to Brexit a few months back and just assumed that we were heading for the worst outcome possible.

You're talking as if May has a deal ready to go which everyone will be happy about. Is this true? I was vaguely under the impression that the deal was going to suck, but that if any deal was to be achieved, it was going to be something like 'No Deal + Northern Ireland doesn't go back to war with itself' rather than just 'No Deal'. If the former, I don't understand why any British businesses would celebrate this. The EU maybe, since they'll be shot of us, but that's it.

Happy to concede I could be wrong though.

Edited by Rayvin

Tory ERG types don't want Chequers, Tory remainers don't want Chequers, Labour don't want Chequers, the SNP don't want Chequers and most importantly the EU don't want Chequers.

The best hope for May is that she convinces the EU to accept a vague political declaration on the future relationship.

The real problem here is Northern Ireland. May will have to accept a workable, non-time limited backstop or she won't get a withdrawal agreement.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

The best hope for May is that she convinces the EU to accept a vague political declaration on the future relationship.

But that’s exactly what I believe she is doing which is why it will be very hard to vote against. The ERG will no Its this or possibly no Brexit and this way they can continue the scrap over the future deal for the next 2 years when Mays gone.

It will be presented as a magnificent breakthrough and harmony between U.K. and EU 27.

Its going to be very hard for an awful lot of leave constituency labour MP’s to vote down.

As I’ve said before I think the deals done and it’s just a case of getting the budget out of the way and a few theatrics.

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

But that’s exactly what I believe she is doing which is why it will be very hard to vote against. The ERG will no Its this or possibly no Brexit and this way they can continue the scrap over the future deal for the next 2 years when Mays gone.

It will be presented as a magnificent breakthrough and harmony between U.K. and EU 27.

Its going to be very hard for an awful lot of leave constituency labour MP’s to vote down.

As I’ve said before I think the deals done and it’s just a case of getting the budget out of the way and a few theatrics.

well that's me sold, it's not like you've ever been wrong about anything before :CT:

Edited by Dr Gloom

5 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

As I’ve said before I think the deals done

Hold on. You seriously think that all the stakeholders (politicians, media, businesses, experts) are involved in some kind of weird conspiracy theory and pretending there is a serious risk of no deal when it's all been decided? The millions our government has spending on stockpiling not to mention the billions the EU has invested in damage mitigation is all for show?! Really!??

5here aren't enough :lol:s in the world to describe your stupidity. 

:CT:

Tbh I bet there is a much higher rate of conspiracy believers amongst leavers than remainers. Completely detached from reality. Remember CT believes the moon landings were fake. Persuaded by wolfy. :icon_lol:

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Hold on. You seriously think that all the stakeholders (politicians, media, businesses, experts) are involved in some kind of weird conspiracy theory and pretending there is a serious risk of no deal when it's all been decided? The millions our government has spending on stockpiling not to mention the billions the EU has invested in damage mitigation is all for show?! Really!??

5here aren't enough :lol:s in the world to describe your stupidity. 

:CT:

The only people involved are those in the “tunnel” :)

27 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

So it’s an opinion plucked out of thin air 

Not at all, but you honestly don’t expect me to have the final text they have agreed on the Irish border do you?

I’d have Sam Coates job if I was that well sourced :lol:

Is this cathartic for some of you? He’s either a grade a mong or a grade a wum.

Ive started stocking up on bog roll, tinned goods and am making enquiries as to a rifle so I can protect myself and family during the mad max times