Jump to content

Europe?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Why shouldn’t they work more than 48 hrs  week are they lazy, am sick of this country and it’s lazy people, I’d be better off on benefits 😡😡😡

*starts fiat 500*

 

Bio: "Proud British 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 Hate nationalism, love my kids .BLM=Marxism". Profile pic: Football club badge.

 

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • ewerk

    3354

  • Renton

    2562

  • Rayvin

    2282

  • Christmas Tree

    1910

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Club Tropicana (CT remix '18)   Let me take you to the place Where membership's Britain's disgrace Blue flag with lots of stars. Where strangers take you by the hand And welcome you

"Class"   From the bloke that brushed off Trophyshy's redundancy with absolutely no compassion. Not to mention that your favourite hobby is logging on here to wind people up about the things

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Next stage of the Brexit coup is underway. Predictably the stripping of worker's rights. Brittania Unchained.

 

 

 

It's not a coup if people voted for it ! They knew what they were getting. Enough people warned that this would happen...people can hardly claim ignorance

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It's not a coup if people voted for it ! They knew what they were getting. Enough people warned that this would happen...people can hardly claim ignorance

 

The manner in which the politics played out was very coup like. They took a 48:52 vote split and took it to the most extreme position possible without having no deal. Coupled with Johnson's parliamentary shenanigans, I think we can call it a coup and still blame people for voting to enable it.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve all been agog at ‘Murica the past few months, but we’re no better- we’re being royally shafted in plain sight by the ruling elite and they’ve got dumb fucks convinced it’s a good thing and lapping it up. 
 

 

Anyone fancy storming Parliament? ( masks on, naturally 😉 ). 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gloom

 

I'm not sure what your point is. Hitler gained power through a democratic mandate. Yeah, yeah, the comparisons are supposedly ridiculous you might say. And yet every day we stagger closer and closer to outright facism. It's a fucking coup and yet again people are blinded by British exceptionalism. Can't happen here, right? 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don’t see how anyone can watch how close it’s now becoming evident America came to having armed terrorists wipe out their politicians and not think it could happen here. 
Maybe not straight away, but, once the economy fully collapses, a lot of people are going to be very angry with a lot of others. 
 

Who, let’s say 6 months ago, would’ve genuinely predicted the events in DC happening? 
 

Rise up Lads 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Renton said:

@Gloom

 

I'm not sure what your point is. Hitler gained power through a democratic mandate. Yeah, yeah, the comparisons are supposedly ridiculous you might say. And yet every day we stagger closer and closer to outright facism. It's a fucking coup and yet again people are blinded by British exceptionalism. Can't happen here, right? 

My point is the 52% got Brexit done. They knew what was potentially coming. They were warned. And now they have to own it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They were warned by the left though - or at least people they perceive to be 'the left'.

 

And the left are evil socialists who want to bring about communism and forcibly re-gender everyone. Why would they listen to us?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I honestly don’t see how anyone can watch how close it’s now becoming evident America came to having armed terrorists wipe out their politicians and not think it could happen here. 
Maybe not straight away, but, once the economy fully collapses, a lot of people are going to be very angry with a lot of others. 
 

Who, let’s say 6 months ago, would’ve genuinely predicted the events in DC happening? 
 

Rise up Lads 

Would we have to queue, though?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

My point is the 52% got Brexit done. They knew what was potentially coming. They were warned. And now they have to own it


Take responsibility for the lies they told and/or believed?  That’s optimistic to the point of nativity. 
 

This government & its outliers as others pointed out are 2/3 of the way down the road to where the US have gone and are predictably destroying objective truth en route. Johnson will likely walk in the summer once the vaccine has been largely rolled out. Then we’ll have the Murdoch sponsored Gove, a much more convincing liar than Johnson could ever hope to be. Not to mention in the UK this year we’re getting not one but two Fox News style channels this year to ram home the message that it’s all the fault of those who voted remain. I’d go to NZ if I could but think I’m going to have to wait till the current Mrs PL’s folks shuffle off this mortal coil. They voted leave, obvs..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

People knew they were voting to tear up voter’s rights. Labour have been banging on about it for four years!

I think it stated in the Tory manifesto everything was up for grabs. Relationship between the executive and the judiciary, human rights, the whole shebang. I think the constituency boundary changes heavily favour them too. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex said:

I think it stated in the Tory manifesto everything was up for grabs. Relationship between the executive and the judiciary, human rights, the whole shebang. I think the constituency boundary changes heavily favour them too. 

I’m done feeling sorry for the Brexit voter, misled by politicians or the media. They had a referendum and two elections to get their heads around what was happening and they still gave Boris a mandate to tear up things like worker’s rights. It’s on them. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the people who voted for Brexit had a fucking clue what they were actually voting for. They honestly believed it would be sunlit uplands, that Johnson would put those silly Europeans in their place because we hold all the cards, that the NHS would benefit from an extra £250m a month (or whatever). So when Project Fear told them this was bullshit, they didn't believe it. See the Tories are doing it for the benefit of the country with no ulterior motives, and the loony left are in the pocket of Europe. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rayvin said:

They were warned by the left though - or at least people they perceive to be 'the left'.

 

And the left are evil socialists who want to bring about communism and forcibly re-gender everyone. Why would they listen to us?

 

Any warnings were drowned out by who the warnings were coming from and drowned out by 'ARE YOU PROUD TO BE BRITISH?!?! OR YOU ON THEIR SIDE?!?! DO YOU NOT SUPPORT OUR BOYS?!?!' etc, etc and that is why Joe Bloggs doesn't get to enact important international decisions. They were manipulated and just because some are genuinely wankers doesn't mean they weren't still had. Vote leave knew what they were doing and they weren't shy of using dark arts to get it. A lot of them also would've knew they'd be shafting some of their target voters but couldn't give a fuck. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what Cameron thinks of it all- his party is more unified than it’s been in ages, (which was the original point behind the whole shitshow), albeit unified behind a set incompetent fascist psychopaths. 

I wonder if he even thinks of it, even though he’s responsible for it. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I wonder what Cameron thinks of it all- his party is more unified than it’s been in ages, (which was the original point behind the whole shitshow), albeit unified behind a set incompetent fascist psychopaths. 

I wonder if he even thinks of it, even though he’s responsible for it. 

 

:lol: Aye he was trying to see off the fringe right but instead gave them the entire party. He was fucking useless.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres a Newlyn fish merchant on LBC at the moment annihilating Brexit...he was a remainer, told all his colleagues it would be a shit show and was promptly told all that was project fear :lol:

 

People have been fucked over. A lot of folk are inherently given to believing someone who appeals to their base level instincts ie believing what they want to  beleive. The leaders of the Brexit completely understood this and completely exploited it .  James O'brien says we should have sympathy for the conned and contempt for the conmen. Not sure that's any consolation to the fishermen or those with ruined lives because of brexit who voted remain. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think on top of that, there's a real lack of willingness among Brexit voters to accept that they just aren't as informed as other people. It's almost like they see it as a threat to their sense of self. You tend to hear a lot of these people disparaging university/higher education as a waste of time (and it really can be) but for the majority of people who go there, it's the diversity of opinion that you're surrounded by that really helps you to better inform yourself - and this isn't an opportunity that's easy to come by outside of learning institutions IMO.

 

My Mum never went to uni and she frequently harps on about how she was educated in the 'school of life' and how people shouldn't look down on her for it - and honestly, no one does look down on her, it's all in her head - but the belief that they do makes her double down on the weirdest fucking issues, without any idea of what constitutes proper evidence or a reasoned argument. I've met quite a few people like this over the course of my life so I don't think it's just her - and it would be fine except that it's coupled with this belief that their opinion is somehow as valid as that of someone who is informed about an issue. And it just isn't. Not all opinions are created equal.

 

She didn't vote for Brexit fwiw but probably only because of the concerns of all of her children. She does however believe that Boris Johnson is a capable man, that trans people are a threat to women in public bathrooms, and that people intentionally get sent to prison so that they can sit around all day playing video games.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/01/2021 at 23:05, Meenzer said:

 

Bio: "Proud British 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 Hate nationalism, love my kids .BLM=Marxism". Profile pic: Football club badge.

 

 

Also this. :lol: 

 

 

 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

My next door neighbour is a lorry driver who brings over fresh fish from France. He was saying that there's a time threshold on the delivery for the fish to still count as fresh that's under 24 hours from the time of catching it. Apparently it's now taking 2 days to process things through customs which is compromising this standard. He also told me that what was once a 3 day round trip is now a 5 day one - I don't know which way he voted or if he did at all, but he thinks they'll have to change it or whole industries are going to collapse.

 

I mean he's just a lorry driver in the end, but I'm assuming he's pretty familiar with the product he and his colleagues are shipping, and what the requirements are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

My next door neighbour is a lorry driver who brings over fresh fish from France. He was saying that there's a time threshold on the delivery for the fish to still count as fresh that's under 24 hours from the time of catching it. Apparently it's now taking 2 days to process things through customs which is compromising this standard. He also told me that what was once a 3 day round trip is now a 5 day one - I don't know which way he voted or if he did at all, but he thinks they'll have to change it or whole industries are going to collapse.

 

I mean he's just a lorry driver in the end, but I'm assuming he's pretty familiar with the product he and his colleagues are shipping, and what the requirements are.

Lot's of drivers are paid by the "Km travelled" sitting not moving for 2 extra days is not an incentive ;)

The salaried one's companies will just pass on those extra costs.

Saw something yesterday where drivers were complaining that their allowed hours driving expired whilst waiting for the check's to be done and they had no-where to go, their tachographs will log they were driving illegally if they move on.

Utter carnage.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...