FAO Leazes

snakehips

at what point did I prompt luckyluke to make the reference to me that he did ? That IS where that comment was made ? Can't you tell me why it is OK for 90% to hold an opinion different to the 10% but its only the 10% who "have to be right" and "go through the Groundhog Day" again ?

You aren't special. People can refer to you and points you've made in the past.

You can refer to people and points they've made in the past too. No issue with either.

When there's 2 pages of unrelated shite going over old ground though and everyone is on your back, it gets moved. Then those same people can't complain. Because they have to come to this one thread to get into the old discussion with you. They only have themselves to blame and you're free of people asking to have you banned.

Win win.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LM, what is wrong with being optimistic you miserable cunt? :D

Granted, we might sign AC, sell Ba, sign Debuchy, sell Simpson but while my glass would still be half full, yours would be half empty.

Fact is, they'd still have the same amount in.

I'd rather be optimistic and look forward to the next bit of club news than be pessimistic and dread every waking moment.

LM, what is wrong with being optimistic you miserable cunt? :D

Granted, we might sign AC, sell Ba, sign Debuchy, sell Simpson but while my glass would still be half full, yours would be half empty.

Fact is, they'd still have the same amount in.

I'd rather be optimistic and look forward to the next bit of club news than be pessimistic and dread every waking moment.

who's dreading every waking moment JawD ?

I'm only stating how to be successful and how to build on last season, rather than the naive rubbish peddled by others in their usual Groundhog Day fashion - but I bet MF doesn't castigate them for spouting the same shite they have been doing for years.

Edited by LeazesMag

who's dreading every waking moment JawD ?

I'm only stating how to be successful and how to build on last season, rather than the naive rubbish peddled by others in their usual Groundhog Day fashion - but I bet MF doesn't castigate them for spouting the same shite they have been doing for years.

In your opinion.

Oh and FUCK ME! Did you really just say that? :D

My point was about your anti-optimism stance. Ergo you think pessimism is best? You call it realism based on common sense yet I say your anti MA stance doesn't allow you to have a balanced perspective. Common sense tells you that. I'm more a fence sitter and favour no "side" allowing me to see the whole picture.

In your opinion.

Oh and FUCK ME! Did you really just say that? :D

My point was about your anti-optimism stance. Ergo you think pessimism is best? You call it realism based on common sense yet I say your anti MA stance doesn't allow you to have a balanced perspective. Common sense tells you that. I'm more a fence sitter and favour no "side" allowing me to see the whole picture.

that's correct JawD, my opinion. I hate to say this [honestly] but that's what I've been doing for years, giving my view based on common sense, then when I'm right people kick up a fuss and resort to verbal abuse because they have no other reply they can make. The same will happen. I posted earlier today and said that when this current good run comes to an end, and it won't last long if he continues to sell our best players for monetary gain, that people will start to ask where the money has gone.

A decent, short, run does not change the longer term prospects, goals, aims and mentality inside the club, and only a complete fool would say different. Oh wait, quite a number of people are saying that. The fact is that one good season and one good transfer window proves absolutely nothing in the long run.

Now that we are in the position we are in, what is the way forward ? What do you think needs to be done to go further ? People are already accepting that we will finish 7th, 8th or lower etc "because we are in 4 competitions". How is a lower league position making progress ? How is accepting a lower league position mean they can be happy with this "progress" ? The only way the club will progress is to keep ALL its best players, improve on them with more quality and when the time comes to sell a player for whatever reason the manager MUST be given all of that money and as much as possible as well as that to improve the team as much as possible. This is his job. This is how you make progress. There is absolutely no other way. It can not be done by selling your best players and buying cheap replacements and withholding money from the manager.

This isn't even common sense, it is OBVIOUS, even someone who is totally mentally retarded cannot fail to see the pure simple logic of this. It is how football has always worked, and how success has always been achieved. Its a complete joke that anybody can think anything else. Andy Carroll coming back would be a step in the right direction, but I'm afraid if Ba is sold then Ba needs to be replaced too.

I said a few times at the end of last season, when people said "are we better than we were or not" that the obvious reply was that we should have had Ba, Cisse and Carroll all on the books and sell Best, Lovenkrands and Ameobi etc. This has not changed. It isn't about "swapping" players, its about BUILDING.

Here's a fact for you - when NUfC get in Europe, in most instances we finish in a worse position the next season.

With that fact in mind, have we always planned wrong for the next season after we qualifies for Europe?

Oh, and if you think selling AC for 35m when you though it madness to sell him, then bringing him back to play alongside the best forward we have had in a long time while still having 20M change in value that got us Cisse et al would not be a fucking master stroke, then you're mental.

*shakes head* you're going to run out of admins/mods to pm at this rate Leazes and that's after we brought on a load of new ones like.

I won't be pm'ing you. I've done and am doing what those who I pm have asked me to do. But a few people are still dishing out unprompted comments aimed at me, not the other way round but you don't notice those comments or you choose to make no comment about them.

I've also gave my views in an adult and logical way to JawD in the form of a civilised reply a few minutes ago in this thread. You are right if you think my views haven't changed, there is no reason why I ought to think success in football can be achieved in any other way than how I've always said it is achieved. So if such views, or the way I've posted them in this previous post is not acceptable to you, and you think it's acceptable for others to constantly dish out unprompted verbal abuse to people they "disagree" with instead, then I'm afraid you should look at yourself and indeed give your head a shake.

Oh and another thing. Answer yes, or no.

Were we stronger for selling AC and buying the players that followed?

Ps, I don't mind the convo's with LM. I know his stance and I think it blinkered, stubborn and short sighted. But his view is consistent and infuriating.

Ps nufc 1 nowt up ;)

Here's a fact for you - when NUfC get in Europe, in most instances we finish in a worse position the next season.

With that fact in mind, have we always planned wrong for the next season after we qualifies for Europe?

that's a short reply to such a long post JawD. I'm not denying that is true, however, it doesn't happen all the time, but so long as you can see the evidence that the club IS looking forward then I've no objection to that at all.

If we have Ba, Carroll and Cisse on the books next season, another player who goes straight into the team, and sell NOBODY, and finish lower through the demands of 4 competitions, then that is still acceptable but I said before last season even finished that this is what I was hoping to see before the new season kicked off.

It's what the club does which is important. If they sell major players and finish lower, then I'm afraid they are reverting to type and there is absolutely no excuse if this happens, considering they still made major profits on the back of selling Carroll in the first place and ought to be looking to back their manager with it.

Oh and another thing. Answer yes, or no.

Were we stronger for selling AC and buying the players that followed?

we were stronger for buying Cisse and Ba, of course. But we would have been stronger again if we had kept Carroll, yes ? And as Cisse only cost 8m quid, we could have bought him without selling Carroll, yes ?

As it turns out, buying him back for 15m quid will be superb, and we can laugh at Liverpool, but if that happens, it still leaves a LOT of money that should be used to create an even stronger squad again.

So we agree that the club often has a worse finish in the league following European qualification.

We agree the club is stronger for selling AC.

So far I think and I know you will think is weaker as a team compared to last season, but that must be judged once the window closes. I guess we will agree on that.

See, not all bad is it.

we were stronger for buying Cisse and Ba, of course. But we would have been stronger again if we had kept Carroll, yes ? And as Cisse only cost 8m quid, we could have bought him without selling Carroll, yes ?

As it turns out, buying him back for 15m quid will be superb, and we can laugh at Liverpool, but if that happens, it still leaves a LOT of money that should be used to create an even stronger squad again.

I doubt we could have bought who we did without selling AC.

I doubt we could have bought who we did without selling AC.

we ought to be able to buy a player for 8m quid without having to sell someone for 35m !!!

i'm not moderating yours or "the few people", my comment was at yours to MF.

ironically you've had a bitch about some of the people who pleaded to give you another chance (hence why I made the quip about you running out of people to pm now you're heading down that road with them)

(and i've no idea whats been going on/what threads have went tits up in the last week seeing as i haven't been here, and i sure as fck don't read this one anyway)

I'm not "bitching" about anybody, I appreciate those people who supported me and I've every respect for them and like having a debate/exchange with them, but I'm pointing out to you by reply only, that you have selective blindness and I have no intention of pm'ing you.

Edited by LeazesMag

we ought to be able to buy a player for 8m quid without having to sell someone for 35m !!!

Did we only buy Cisse after selling AC like?

Did we only buy Cisse after selling AC like?

isn't there a table showing the total incoming and outgoing transfers of the last few years ? didn't we also sell Enrique and Nolan ?

Remind us what profit they made last year ? You need to back your manager as much as possible, not withhold money from him especially if you are confident it will be used well...........

Exactly. If it will be used well. Ie dont spend it for the sake of spending it.

They kept money back and bought Cisse in Jan. this was massive for us. Keeping money back allows us to react as the squad needs (as per AP). This makes perfect sense to me.

Before you reply, the club is self financing, that's why we didn't do both.

Fact (FACT) is, their strategy worked. Better than we all expected.

Whatever their plan, we finished top 6, got into Europe, stayed in the black financially. Any manager in the league from us down would have loved that.

Exactly. If it will be used well. Ie dont spend it for the sake of spending it.

They kept money back and bought Cisse in Jan. this was massive for us. Keeping money back allows us to react as the squad needs (as per AP). This makes perfect sense to me.

Before you reply, the club is self financing, that's why we didn't do both.

Fact (FACT) is, their strategy worked. Better than we all expected.

Whatever their plan, we finished top 6, got into Europe, stayed in the black financially. Any manager in the league from us down would have loved that.

it all depends on your level of ambition though doesn't it ?

If people are happy to see 5th as the ultimate, I'm sorry but I think they are misguided and foolish/brainwashed.

And it seems that some people are happy with that.

I'm 100% confident that unfortunately some people at least who are supporting the current "prudency" will be asking where the money went ie when results aren't so good and they realise what has really happened/is happening.

But we will see won't we :razz: