Yohan Kebab,Depression & The Taxman(with chilli and garlic)

scoobos

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Fuck The Fish. And fuck NUFC." What if I told you I overheard him saying those two sentences?

I'd not believe you and kick you in the pacemaker.

I understand occasionally selling a star as all teams do (not just Mikes), but here we have players, good ones at that, wanting to be away because we have a manager who is shite.

I think you miss the point - we have a manager who is shite because of the ownership and business model - and that "shite" manager is there because hes one of the few who can tolerate it.

so it is Ashleys fault and it is fair to point the finger that way. I personally believe you cant judge pardew after what Ashleys done (and will do again) to him.

The talk on here of monies we'll recieve to reinvest is hopelessly optimistic in my view. We'll sell to a skeleton crew if its good money and then buy in what we need in emergencies at bargain prices then be "surprised" when they show injury or attitude problems.. Erm... that's why he's 2.5 mil... etc.

Don't need it explaining cheers. Some of us were saying this a couple of years back and accepted it while you were holding up your "Mikes going to cash in lads" bed sheet every window. ;)

I accept the club, like all clubs, (maybe that point will sink in one day with you), cashing in and rebuilding. What I don't like is the idea of quality players wanting to fuck off because they have no faith in the guy managing the team.

Sorry for multiple posts - but thought I'd pick up on this - Mike has cashed in, every single time hes had a chance. I tptally don't understand how you think you can put blame on any manager when this is our owner. The buck stops entirely with Ashley, its his fault we've got Pardew , his fault we lost keegan, Carrol, Nolan, and any other positive.

He's stripping the club down to a profit making model and marketing platform and telling the fans it's making the club healthy. Healthy as a business and healthy as a sports club is a mean feat in the premiership and not acheviable unless you're already a winner. (Rooney for NUFC on his webpage today is a prime example of the total lack of scruples, a pure publicity stunt using our club to push his news network).

e.g.

The SportsDirect.com source was quoted as saying: "Newcastle see Wayne as their ideal player. He's a strong centre-forward, would relate to the fans and would be a massive boost to the club's brand name.

"Low-level conversations have already been held between Newcastle and Rooney's agent, though the two clubs haven't spoken directly yet."

However, a clarification was published on the site later in the day, reading: “SportsDirect News wishes to express its sincere apologies to Wayne Rooney and Triple Sports and Entertainment Group for publishing the article ‘Newcastle in shock Rooney bid’, which was formulated and published without authority, merit and is untrue.” * just like everything else that comes out of the greed monsters fat trap.

This has embarrased NUFC at the benefit of some publicity for his shit almost invisible on google crappy new sports news business venture. Gawd I hate the guy, I thought we could do no worse than fat freddie.

Edited by scoobos

Mike has cashed in, every single time hes had a chance.

He hasn't. He really hasn't.

There's been plenty of times he could have stripped some assets. Other than Carroll, which was a ridiculous sum of money for an average player, we've held on to players and renewed contracts.

The biggest failure, which is openly admitted by the club, is that we haven't seen deals through to the end. We courted Remy for over a year, then got complacent when we thought the deal was in the bag. The money was on the table and available to spend but we fucked it up. This is naivety, inexperience and a level of incompetence from Llambias, who is the chief negotiator. It'll be interesting to see how things go in the summer with regard to transfers. We've had some deals that all seemed to go our way and we've had some that have been pulled from under us at the last minute. I wonder if lessons have been learned.

This has embarrased NUFC at the benefit of some publicity for his shit almost invisible on google crappy new sports news business venture. Gawd I hate the guy, I thought we could do no worse than fat freddie.

Do you honestly think Mike Ashley is sat in some little office having a go at being editor of a sports news website? He probably didn't find out about this one until well after the event.

I think you miss the point - we have a manager who is shite because of the ownership and business model - and that "shite" manager is there because hes one of the few who can tolerate it.

so it is Ashleys fault and it is fair to point the finger that way. I personally believe you cant judge pardew after what Ashleys done (and will do again) to him.

The talk on here of monies we'll recieve to reinvest is hopelessly optimistic in my view. We'll sell to a skeleton crew if its good money and then buy in what we need in emergencies at bargain prices then be "surprised" when they show injury or attitude problems.. Erm... that's why he's 2.5 mil... etc.

I'm sure Ashley could be better but let's not get too carried away with how cruel Ashley is to Pardew.

After finishing 5th last year a lot of supporters were positive Ashley would cash in a few of our stars. He didn't. Sure we needed a few extra if we wanted to push again, but actually not cashing in 2 or 3 players in itself supported Pardew.

Then in January he was supported with further quality first teamers.

Without arguing the toss over lots of old ground, that's a lot more support than many other managers got.

He hasn't. He really hasn't.

There's been plenty of times he could have stripped some assets. Other than Carroll, which was a ridiculous sum of money for an average player, we've held on to players and renewed contracts.

The biggest failure, which is openly admitted by the club, is that we haven't seen deals through to the end. We courted Remy for over a year, then got complacent when we thought the deal was in the bag. The money was on the table and available to spend but we fucked it up. This is naivety, inexperience and a level of incompetence from Llambias, who is the chief negotiator. It'll be interesting to see how things go in the summer with regard to transfers. We've had some deals that all seemed to go our way and we've had some that have been pulled from under us at the last minute. I wonder if lessons have been learned.

Agree with this.

Would have been so easy to Cash in on a few last summer and we didn't. Add to that things like Jonas and Coloccinis contract which nobody thought would get done.

Not the best board not the worst. I like to think that as the whole set up is pretty new to football then it will keep improving as they go. Obviously there will be errors along the way like last summer but overall I still feel we have a more sensible approach to running a club.

Do you honestly think Mike Ashley is sat in some little office having a go at being editor of a sports news website? He probably didn't find out about this one until well after the event.

You're suggesting that the buck doesnt stop with him concerning anything with the SD banner on it?....thats, rightly or wrongly, not the case in the eyes of many,including whether we like it or not,the media...am sure you're right that it wasnt his idea, but its perceived as being so. Hence the mealy mouthed statement of apology. It would be interesting to see if the minion picked up their cards for pedalling that crap.

Edited by PaddockLad

Why not, he's in his little office now having a go at being a director of a football club.

Agree with this.

Would have been so easy to Cash in on a few last summer and we didn't. Add to that things like Jonas and Coloccinis contract which nobody thought would get done.

Not the best board not the worst. I like to think that as the whole set up is pretty new to football then it will keep improving as they go. Obviously there will be errors along the way like last summer but overall I still feel we have a more sensible approach to running a club.

Seriously, tell me someone we had an offer for that he refused?

You can't say he hasn't cashed in if there's been no offers.

As you well know these things rarely get published. The club said they quoted all callers with a £25 mill fee and that cooled interest. I think it's also fairly safe to say that Cabaye was certainly courted.

Are you trying to say that we had no enquiries whatsoever?

Agree with this.

Its an error continuing employing Pardew according to you but won't put up with that though. According to you, Ashley is fucking up over something very,very fundamental to the success of the club, but you wouldnt dream of criticising Ashley. Don't understand.

There's no smoke without fire. If the club wants to sell players, they can quite easily get the word in via various agents and drum up interest.

As you well know these things rarely get published. The club said they quoted all callers with a £25 mill fee and that cooled interest. I think it's also fairly safe to say that Cabaye was certainly courted.

Are you trying to say that we had no enquiries whatsoever?

I think I am - who is wanted ? None of our players have been good enough this year to interest anyone in the premiership, other than those we've sold and those who may go in the summer.

After finishing 5th last year a lot of supporters were positive Ashley would cash in a few of our stars. He didn't.

Then in January he was supported with further quality first teamers.

See, I fundamentally disagree with both of those statements.

He has sold our stars, as soon as the offers come in. He's rejected offers from NO-ONE. Given that hes fixed on saying we aren't a selling club - he's going to make public any rejections - he hasn't.

Where are these "further quality first teamers?"

First off, he didnt support in January, he knee jerked because we dont have enough players

We didnt have a first team when we bought them, thus them going straight in.

Quality first teamers is a big statement, these players all have to prove themselves and are all gambles (Except Debuachy) - are you seriously thinking that we've got some god like scout who can see things that Man U, Arsenal et al can't?

We are buying cheap potential with the hope to sell it at profit and for me its all I can see.

I accept that I'm biased , but I'm very pessimistic when it comes to people like Ashley running clubs.

Seriously, what more does he have to do to prove the old addage that football fans are stupid and will plough money in the club no matter what. He's so far slandered our favourite manager in recent years (keegan), hired complete jokers, bought players on favour to agents , tried to rename the whole stadium for no reason other than advertising his own brand (at no cost I bet) , made a laughing stock of us for the transfer stories and washing his dirty laundry in public. Tried to say he's doing us a favour, the clubs in trouble , I'll sell at the right price - then not selling when someone actually makes an offer. Sealed us with Wonga , oh christ it just goes on , its all just smoke and mirrors and a fat greedy twat feeding his ego and wallet out of the heritage of our club - a northern club with history and a keen following (or as Ashley sees it , a cheap club with stupid fans and an assured cash cow no matter what he does).

There you go, cards on table :P

Edited by scoobos

You need to spend money to stand still in the Premier League - Liverpool & Chelsea - who we finished above & who probably had better squads than us anyway last year - spent about £50-60m each. Not selling your players isn't backing your manager to succeed. It's unambitious if you don't back him further and with the season ahead of us it was downright negligent - as we January's ''Successful'' window where we didn't buy a striker to replace Demba Ba.

People shouldn't kid themselves about January either - the only reason he spent is because we looked like we were in trouble and people need to realise it's difficult to get players used to this league - especially defenders. Players want success just like the fans do - so don't go thinking they aren't pissed off when the club doesn't spend.

If players go - they'll go - but none of them look worth their salt after that season - perhaps Cisse but he's missed a good few sitters.