Yohan Kebab,Depression & The Taxman(with chilli and garlic)

scoobos

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The deal is believed to be costing the Magpies €5 million - the amount stipulated to release the player from his contract, which runs until 2013.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/924559/lille-coach-rudi-garcia-confirms-yohan-cabaye-will-join-newcastle?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=5739

Why are clubs willing to pay £10 - £23m for a player that has gone backwardsn though, when we were the only ones that wanted to pay £5m for him before Pardew ruined him?

s

http://espnfc.com/ne...ccernet&cc=5739

Why are clubs willing to pay £10 - £23m for a player that has gone backwardsn though, when we were the only ones that wanted to pay £5m for him before Pardew ruined him?

This is a trick question isnt it? :)

Shall we look in detail at Yohan's season?.....

a) played all summer with no break for the first time in his career, no rest.

B) susbsequently starts season half fit, with no real base of fitness. This leaves player reportedly "depressed".

c) gets injured, out for months

d) returns half fit, plays on without showing his true skill set, mainly due to a) & B) above,but giving his all as we're in trouble and its partly due to top players such as himself have been missing from the team due to c)

e) team survives relegation

f) idiot states "PARDEW RUINED HIM"

s

This is a trick question isnt it? :)

Shall we look in detail at Yohan's season?.....

a) played all summer with no break for the first time in his career, no rest.

B) susbsequently starts season half fit, with no real base of fitness. This leaves player reportedly "depressed".

c) gets injured, out for months

d) returns half fit, plays on without showing his true skill set, mainly due to a) & B) above,but giving his all as we're in trouble and its partly due to top players such as himself have been missing from the team due to c)

e) team survives relegation

f) idiot states "PARDEW RUINED HIM"

Turning into Pardew worship this place.

I'm sure being made to play so far back as a defensive midfielder and being asked each week to turn out for a tactically lacking hoofball merchant had no bearing on his form or mindset.

It's like stepping into some virtual reality on here at the minute.

I'm sure being made to play so far back as a defensive midfielder and being asked each week to turn out for a tactically lacking hoofball merchant had no bearing on his form or mindset.

CT, are you claiming to know more about football than either Alan Pardew or Yohan Cabaye? :lol:

I imagine Cabaye gets to play for his club where he wants to play. He's a senior player and a French international for the love of fuck. He's also never been quoted as being miserable about where he's playing in the side. Your opinon on this may well be valid, but so irrelevent to how his season has gone and whether he leaves this summer or not you may as well be talking about fire engines in Swahili.

I tolerate Pardew, much as you get tolerated on here. We're sort of fuckin stuck with both of you.

cabaye definitely has played a lot deeper this season. and he's been pretty shit compared to last season, when his best games came when he was much closer to the strikers. whether that's his preferred position or not, the manager should have worked out that his form has slumped in the deeper role and done something about it.

I hope we win a few games on the bounce at the start of next season. 'Pards for England' CT is surprisingly substantially less annoying than 'Pards Out' CT. Shit I've even prefer 'Jonas is a nacker' CT or 'Who's Going to Whip in the Crosses? Little Shane's Our Man' CT at this point.

CT, are you claiming to know more about football than either Alan Pardew or Yohan Cabaye? :lol:

I imagine Cabaye gets to play for his club where he wants to play. He's a senior player and a French international for the love of fuck. He's also never been quoted as being miserable about where he's playing in the side. Your opinon on this may well be valid, but so irrelevent to how his season has gone and whether he leaves this summer or not you may as well be talking about fire engines in Swahili.

I tolerate Pardew, much as you get tolerated on here. We're sort of fuckin stuck with both of you.

good post that, particularly the Cabaye stuff (not that theres owt wrong with the CT stuff)

Seem to recall there being talk when we signed Cabaye of him coming in as a "quarterback" (hate that term) a pirlo type who sits in quite deep and sprays passes around, dictating the teams tempo and where attacks come from, Cabaye has been in that position this season, sitting deep and getting the ball, the problem has come down to his form and the form/movement of those in front of him, a lot of the time hes not been able to pick out the pass, which he is certainly capable of doing (the most frustrating part of it is knowing he has the ability and hes not showing it imo) and others the movement around him hasn't given him great options, if we can make the signings of left winger and striker right this summer we'll see a real rejuvenation of him I reckon and if we sell him this summer we'll also see that rejuvenation and be kicking ourselves.

I don't get people saying "ooo 23 million, snap their hands off" as we don't see that reinvested in its entirety so its utterly worthless to us it may as well be 12 or 10 or 7 depending on ashleys mood and who we can sign.

I literally don't know how you have the nerve to talk about Pardew the way you do, given your very recent history of hero worshipping the bloke.

good post that, particularly the Cabaye stuff (not that theres owt wrong with the CT stuff)

Seem to recall there being talk when we signed Cabaye of him coming in as a "quarterback" (hate that term) a pirlo type who sits in quite deep and sprays passes around, dictating the teams tempo and where attacks come from, Cabaye has been in that position this season, sitting deep and getting the ball, the problem has come down to his form and the form/movement of those in front of him, a lot of the time hes not been able to pick out the pass, which he is certainly capable of doing (the most frustrating part of it is knowing he has the ability and hes not showing it imo) and others the movement around him hasn't given him great options, if we can make the signings of left winger and striker right this summer we'll see a real rejuvenation of him I reckon and if we sell him this summer we'll also see that rejuvenation and be kicking ourselves.

I don't get people saying "ooo 23 million, snap their hands off" as we don't see that reinvested in its entirety so its utterly worthless to us it may as well be 12 or 10 or 7 depending on ashleys mood and who we can sign.

Agreed, thats how I see how/where he's been playing this season. I'm also told regularly that Sissoko is being played too far forward. Not for me, but I wouldnt like to second guess what goes on between a player and a manager where this sort of thing is concerend.

The bit in bold: All the players Spurs have sold for big money over the years under Levy...the profits are largely re invested to keep their wage cieling at a level where champions league standard players get the going rate for their level of play. Am unsure, but I think theres a strong likelyhood that now Ashleys steadied the financial ship a lot of transfer income will start to reduce the debt the club owes him personally, something which has already started. This will consign us to mid table mediocrity at best. Don't be surprised by another relegation battle next year either. If cheap players aren't avaialable this summer to replace any outgoings then we all remember how last summer ended up...again, it needs to be stressed that many people have praised this policy.

Cabaye was always, at the price we got him at, going to be sold on relatively quickly when his true worth in the market was deemed to be at hits highest. His wife let the cat out of the bag months ago as well. Move on. Hopefully Carr can come up with another one as good as he could be on his day.

Edited by PaddockLad

Agreed, thats how I see how/where he's been playing this season. I'm also told regularly that Sissoko is being played too far forward. Not for me, but I wouldnt like to second guess what goes on between a player and a manager where this sort of thing is concerend.

The bit in bold: All the players Spurs have sold for big money over the years under Levy...the profits are largely re invested to keep their wage cieling at a level where champions league standard players get the going rate for their level of play. Am unsure, but I think theres a strong likelyhood that now Ashleys steadied the financial ship a lot of transfer income will start to reduce the debt the club owes him personally, something which has already started. This will consign us to mid table mediocrity at best. Don't be surprised by another relegation battle next year either. If cheap players aren't avaialable this summer to replace any outgoings then we all remember how last summer ended up...again, it needs to be stressed that many people have praised this policy.

Cabaye was always, at the price we got him at, going to be sold on relatively quickly when his true worth in the market was deemed to be at hits highest. His wife let the cat out of the bag months ago as well. Move on. Hopefully Carr can come up with another one as good as he could be on his day.

I don't think Sissoko is being played too far forward, I think hes been played too wide at times, possibly due to him destroying ashley cole in one of his first games, if he can do it to cole who can't he do it to?

If we have Cabaye next season then I've no problem playing Sissoko further forward, his physical presence is huge, I can't think of many/any holding players in the league who'd have an easy time with him on song, as long as we strengthen the wings in summer and get someone as competition for Cisse then I think we'll see a player more like the one in his first few games rather than his last few.

If we can get a good left winger and keep HBA fit for the other side then a front 4 with those two sissoko and cisse is really dangerous, even moreso with Cabaye happy and fit behind them to dictate play its just not happened this year.

Profit on transfers, if applicable, will always find its way back into funding improved player contracts or new signings.

Ashley's designated a chunk of future TV money to fund the repayment of his directors loan, however he is not obliged to accept these repayments if the club could do with a short term cash boost.

The club is generating enough cash to fund its operations and repay an element of the loan each year. Further cash would only be needed if we wanted to sign a player for a huge fee (£30m for instance).

Can't believe anyone would be happy if Cabaye left. Yes he's had a poor season, but that's not because he's suddenly shit. It's because he's suffered as the rest of the team have.

Without a settled team around him he's having to fulfil roles that he's not comfortable with. (I think that's why we've seen the nastier side to his game. He's not a midfield enforcer, he's a string puller. He shouldn't be tackling, he should be receiving a 5yd ball from the tackler, looking up and putting the ball where the tackler can't put it. He also has been without midfielders making runs around him so he can play the kind of ball we know he's capable of (that pass against Stoke last season.

I think that Groin injury really affected him, he doesn't play with the same drive he had before it.

I reckon if he, Tiote and Sissoko can get a string of games together they could be an amazing midfield; think Alonso, Mascherano and Gerrard.

Don't kid yourself that having £23m in the pocket will translate to anything but £23m in the pocket. But he's had a bad season, so lets get shot eh? Imagine if Spurs had done that with Bale?

Can't believe anyone would be happy if Cabaye left. Yes he's had a poor season, but that's not because he's suddenly shit. It's because he's suffered as the rest of the team have.

Without a settled team around him he's having to fulfil roles that he's not comfortable with. (I think that's why we've seen the nastier side to his game. He's not a midfield enforcer, he's a string puller. He shouldn't be tackling, he should be receiving a 5yd ball from the tackler, looking up and putting the ball where the tackler can't put it. He also has been without midfielders making runs around him so he can play the kind of ball we know he's capable of (that pass against Stoke last season.

I think that Groin injury really affected him, he doesn't play with the same drive he had before it.

I reckon if he, Tiote and Sissoko can get a string of games together they could be an amazing midfield; think Alonso, Mascherano and Gerrard.

Don't kid yourself that having £23m in the pocket will translate to anything but £23m in the pocket. But he's had a bad season, so lets get shot eh? Imagine if Spurs had done that with Bale?

thats something Tiote needs reminding of, he was at his best doing that and needs to get back to it, Makelele was as good as he was because he never forgot his role in doing that.

thats something Tiote needs reminding of, he was at his best doing that and needs to get back to it, Makelele was as good as he was because he never forgot his role in doing that.

Would help if plums didn't shout "shoot" every time he' 30yds out

Profit on transfers, if applicable, will always find its way back into funding improved player contracts or new signings.

Ashley's designated a chunk of future TV money to fund the repayment of his directors loan, however he is not obliged to accept these repayments if the club could do with a short term cash boost.

The club is generating enough cash to fund its operations and repay an element of the loan each year. Further cash would only be needed if we wanted to sign a player for a huge fee (£30m for instance).

TV, transfers, its all revenue. I actually dont have too much of a problem with it tbh. Where did the first chunk he took come from?..can we actually see it in the books?...

If it didn't upset people I would say "what a cracking post Fish". As it does, I'll say nowt.

It is a good post, don't get all shy now :lol:

The only thing I'd add to it is "suck it up kids, this is how we roll...a feeder club for champions league sides."

TV, transfers, its all revenue. I actually dont have too much of a problem with it tbh. Where did the first chunk he took come from?..can we actually see it in the books?...

Not sure where the first chunk came from. However, in the current accounts, its stated that £18m of his loan is secured against the TV income from the next season. So that means, if everything has gone to plan, he'll have taken another £18m back this year.

Not sure where the first chunk came from. However, in the current accounts, its stated that £18m of his loan is secured against the TV income from the next season. So that means, if everything has gone to plan, he'll have taken another £18m back this year.

Right. So thats 18million less to spend on players? "fat bastard" etc etc... ;)

I've given up being bitter about him, if he wasnt personally owed as much we would be in a far better place. Relegation in 09 was disastorous in that regard. If we stayed up would he have had to have pumped that 25 million in?

It is a good post, don't get all shy now :lol:

The only thing I'd add to it is "suck it up kids, this is how we roll...a feeder club for champions league sides."

If you look at it as a long term plan, being a feeder club for Champions League sides is a viable strategy.

In the beginning, you gain a reputation for being a club where players can play in the PL, gain some experience and earn a lucrative move to a bigger club.

In 5 years or so time, if all is going to plan, our reputation may have developed to the point where we're not far off the CL spots ourselves and the players may feel they have just as good a chance of success here as at another club.

Certainly with Ferguson gone and new managers about to be put in place at Chelsea and Man City, there's no guarantee that the top 4 are going to stay consistent.

As frustrating as it can be in the short term, it seems like a far more sensible strategy than throwing money at players in the hope that we'll achieve the improbable. If the plan fails and we end up with 10 years of mid table mediocrity, at least we're not forced into an embarrassing fire sale as we try to recoup our overspend.

Right. So thats 18million less to spend on players? "fat bastard" etc etc... ;)

I've given up being bitter about him, if he wasnt personally owed as much we would be in a far better place. Relegation in 09 was disastorous in that regard. If we stayed up would he have had to have pumped that 25 million in?

Probably not. The extra TV money from the PL would have covered that. However, it probably would have haemorrhaged back out again into the pockets of Obafemi Martins, Damien Duff and maybe even Alan Shearer and Michael Owen.