Bellamy

snakehips

Shame for Shearer he can't accidentally kick him in the head.

Has to wait 'til next season then sadly.

78170[/snapback]

I do hope you're not suggesting Shearer will still be around next season???? :)

78179[/snapback]

Yes... as manager. Test to see if he'll get away with that. Or if the worst comes to the worst he plays on because we can't get a new striker.

Should've pointed that out...

Mixed feelings about this one. Yes, he's a big mouthed twat who I always said I would hate if he played for any other team (I totally understood why opposition fans gave him stick) but he was also a very good player for us. There were several scenarios I was worried about him coming back, scoring against us (sorry like, I never want NUFC to lose despite not being a Souness fan) was one, but the main worry was the fans. I can imagine there would be large pockets of fans booing him and giving him a lot of shit and also large pockets going over the top to cheer his every touch. It would be embarrassing as fuck and no doubt sections of fans would turn on each other.

77950[/snapback]

I was dreading that as well. We could have easilly ended up with either an embarassing atmosphere as various groups react differently to Bellamy, or worse a potentially nasty atmosphere with infighting and fans clashing.

But as somebody else on the thread said if he had played and had scored the winner/a goal in general you can bet the head would have been turned up on Souness, so in that sense he's escaped yet again.

I'm glad the ugly little bugger's not playing. Other than making for a dodgy atmosphere, I don't see what we would stand to gain from him getting a game, and the last thing I want is that little tosser scoring the winner against us. Not for Souness's sake, just because I wouldn't want him to get the satisfaction. I don't really like anyone scoring a winner against us tbh.

I'm glad the ugly little bugger's not playing.  Other than making for a dodgy atmosphere, I don't see what we would stand to gain from him getting a game, and the last thing I want is that little tosser scoring the winner against us.  Not for Souness's sake, just because I wouldn't want him to get the satisfaction.  I don't really like anyone scoring a winner against us tbh.

78500[/snapback]

I agree with that. I can't hide that I fancied the little Welchman scoring a goal and running over to the (real) tosser swearing at him. But I couldn't stand if this was the only goal or the winning goal. Especially as it would be more of an indication about Newcastle's poor situation.

If Bellamy scoring the winning goal meant getting rid of Souness, but someone else scoring it meant he stayed, then I'd prefer Bellamy to score it.

I'd also like to see Souness's head explode with rage as he was being wound up by Bellamy - I mean that in a quite literal and messy sense.

If Bellamy scoring the winning goal meant getting rid of Souness, but someone else scoring it meant he stayed, then I'd prefer Bellamy to score it.

I'd also like to see Souness's head explode with rage as he was being wound up by Bellamy - I mean that in a quite literal and messy sense.

78510[/snapback]

:yesB)

Nice :P

Somehow, I reckon he would just do like 'Fat Eddie Murphy' did when he scored the other week - virtually nothing.

78574[/snapback]

To be fair, JFH had just sprinted 20 yards which in his condition had him spent.

78579[/snapback]

:yes True. And he hadn't used his hand either, which might have surprised him B)

If Bellamy had played and had scored, I wonder if he would have celebrated.

Somehow, I reckon he would just do like 'Fat Eddie Murphy' did when he scored the other week - virtually nothing.

78574[/snapback]

If Bellamy scored against us I reckon he would go radio rental, give it the "shhhh" fingers to the lips business to the fans and everything. I don't know why anyone would think he wouldn't absolutely love it tbh.

If Bellamy had played and had scored, I wonder if he would have celebrated.

78574[/snapback]

If Bellamy scored against us I reckon he would go radio rental, give it the "shhhh" fingers to the lips business to the fans and everything. I don't know why anyone would think he wouldn't absolutely love it tbh.

78592[/snapback]

Au contraire mon ami (French. Well, Geonch) Bellamy has stated his love for the club and the fans so therefore IMO, he wouldn't go mental - no matter how much he hates Souness.

Don't really know if I would like to find out though.

That was nowt more than a soundbite that he came up with when he crapped himself and realised that he was actually going to be sold for something that he would have got away with with no bother under the previous manager. :yes

That was nowt more than a soundbite that he came up with when he crapped himself and realised that he was actually going to be sold for something that he would have got away with with no bother under the previous manager. B)

78602[/snapback]

Source?

Press conference?

Insider?

L/M-type certainty?

:P:yes:yes

That was nowt more than a soundbite that he came up with when he crapped himself and realised that he was actually going to be sold for something that he would have got away with with no bother under the previous manager. B)

78602[/snapback]

Source?

Press conference?

Insider?

L/M-type certainty?

:P:yes:yes

78603[/snapback]

No. FACT! :yes

If Bellamy scored against us he'd go mental, I'm pretty much sure of it. He showed at Ewood earlier in the season that he couldn't give a toss about us anymore after his constant whinging and getting Taylor sent off.

78664[/snapback]

I think his pleasure would be directed at the bench rather than the fans personally, but really, this is a wee bit hypothetical.....