Supermarkets

Christmas Tree

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not. :lol: As I say, the time expenditure happens at some point of the process, so what does it matter when it happens? Other than the psychological burden when you lot start seething in the queue behind me because I've scanned everything through in super-quick time then take a minute to pack it. All of which makes me more committed to continuing to do so. :D

Poppycock. If you're filling your basket/trolley in the reverse order, then scanning it, then packing it in the right order, you're doubling your workload. You should be capable of shopping in any order then, when you get to the check out, pull the stuff out of the trolley in the correct order. Unless you're deliberately hiding the shit you want first?

Basically Martin you've decided that this is your line in the sand. This is how you get back at society. Frankly I feel there are better ways for you to do this.

@@Gemmill I would obvioulsy put heavy shit on the bottom of four bags if I were buying that much from the supermarket in one visit. I only ever need two bags.Possibly for fear of becoming Sister-sized.

@@Monkeys Fist Well you're just a fucking idiot then.

If you're filling your basket/trolley in the reverse order, then scanning it, then packing it in the right order, you're doubling your workload.

Which is why I don't do that, as I said. :)

You should be capable of shopping in any order then, when you get to the check out, pull the stuff out of the trolley in the correct order.

Or I can scan it all through quickly and put it in the correct order when I'm packing it, which takes the same amount of time, as I said. :)

Also, a trolley at the self-service? Ewerk is going to go fucking apeshit.

It doesn't take the same amount of time though. You've already put the shopping down once and are now picking it all back up to put in bags.

What you should be doing is putting it down once...into a bag. Time saved.

The amount of sorting time required to ensure correct bag content distribution is the same whether the sorting takes place pre-scan or post-scan. It's quite logical.

What we should really be focusing on here is people who think it's OK take trollies to the self check-out.

I ask because recently had some woman put the next customer bar down on the conveyor and start loading her shit up before I'd finished getting the gear out the trolley, had to ask her to shift it back so could get the stuff on.

The fucking cheek of it .

Okay I've held onto this too long and this seems like the time to get it off my chest.

If you have been angered by some of the posts already in this thread make sure you are sitting and move anything breakable from your reach.

One time the lass and I were getting some shopping in, we had some alcohol on the conveyor belt. I had ID on me but my missus hadn't. I was 29 at the time, she was 30 (cougar!). The stupid till whore refused to serve us unless my lass also showed ID. I argued how do people with children get served alcohol as they obviously couldn't show ID, she wasn't having any of it. I was so pissed off with her moronic stance we walked off with all our shopping still on the belt and a queue of people behind :blush2:

I realise I am probably on Operation Yewtree or something now, I realise I put those behind us at a massive inconvenience but it was such a ridiculous stance for checkout wench to take I wasn't going to accept it or take all the items and put everything back where I found it or have the alcohol put to the side like I was a cheeky 15 year old chancing my arm at a bottle of Frosty Jack. The woman on the customer services desk agreed with us tbf and lodged a complaint on our behalf.

:bag_on_head:

Okay I've held onto this too long and this seems like the time to get it off my chest.

If you have been angered by some of the posts already in this thread make sure you are sitting and move anything breakable from your reach.

One time the lass and I were getting some shopping in, we had some alcohol on the conveyor belt. I had ID on me but my missus hadn't. I was 29 at the time, she was 30 (cougar!). The stupid till whore refused to serve us unless my lass also showed ID. I argued how do people with children get served alcohol as they obviously couldn't show ID, she wasn't having any of it. I was so pissed off with her moronic stance we walked off with all our shopping still on the belt and a queue of people behind :blush2:

I realise I am probably on Operation Yewtree or something now, I realise I put those behind us at a massive inconvenience but it was such a ridiculous stance for checkout wench to take I wasn't going to accept it or take all the items and put everything back where I found it or have the alcohol put to the side like I was a cheeky 15 year old chancing my arm at a bottle of Frosty Jack. The woman on the customer services desk agreed with us tbf and lodged a complaint on our behalf.

Fair play.

You really should have stayed put and demanded the presence of the store manager.

If everyone did this they would stop doing it.

They look at you like your some kind of space monkey because you don't have your passport with you 'but im not going on holiday' falls upon deaf ears. In my opinion it tends to happen more in asda than anywhere else.

If everyone did this they would stop doing it.

They look at you like your some kind of space monkey because you don't have your passport with you 'but im not going on holiday' falls upon deaf ears. In my opinion it tends to happen more in asda than anywhere else.

It was in ASDA :lol:

No didn't get anything back actually. It was ridiculous, I understand the Think 25 stuff or whatever it is but we definitely look well over the legal drinking age (and 25 tbh).

The other stupid thing was the drinks we were buying weren't the sort of thing kids buy to sit in a park with. She had one alcopop of some sort and I had a 3 for £5 ale offer. Unless 'the youth of today' have drastically changed they don't buy stuff like that on a Saturday afternoon :lol: No common sense.

The part that's most irritating is that they seem to have been brainwashed into believing if a 17 3/4 year old makes it outside with some lager they immediately explode. Very very strange.

Edited by desmondTUTU

It was in ASDA :lol:

No didn't get anything back actually. It was ridiculous, I understand the Think 25 stuff or whatever it is but we definitely look well over the legal drinking age (and 25 tbh).

The other stupid thing was the drinks we were buying weren't the sort of thing kids buy to sit in a park with. She had one alcopop of some sort and I had a 3 for £5 ale offer. Unless 'the youth of today' have drastically changed they don't buy stuff like that on a Saturday afternoon :lol: No common sense.

Obviously she didn't think you both looked old enough. There's potential fines for people who don't ask for ID when the customer is underage and you're often told to expect a set up to try and catch you out.

When I was xmas temping at M&S I didn't serve a woman because she looked under 21 - she was 32. I buzzed over a manager and they said it was fine, which is what your checkout lass should've done though.

Either way, what a pair of caths. ;)

Obviously she didn't think you both looked old enough. There's potential fines for people who don't ask for ID when the customer is underage and you're often told to expect a set up to try and catch you out.

When I was xmas temping at M&S I didn't serve a woman because she looked under 21 - she was 32. I buzzed over a manager and they said it was fine, which is what your checkout lass should've done though.

Either way, what a pair of caths. ;)

As much as I would love it to be true there is absolutely no way in hell either of us look under the legal drinking age, or 20, or 24. I have met a number of people from here a good 5 years ago and I am pretty sure they will back me up on this :lol:

If a 17 year old looked like me he should be allowed as much alcohol as he wants, for free, whenever he wants. He deserves it the poor sod.