Supermarkets

Christmas Tree

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or I can scan it all through quickly and put it in the correct order when I'm packing it, which takes the same amount of time, as I said. :)

Also, a trolley at the self-service? Ewerk is going to go fucking apeshit.

It cannot take the same time as it's twice the job.

I can see only reasons why you do this;

1. Your basket is so full it requires the kind of packing normally reserved for bags, in which case it'll be more than 20 items, you should be using a trolley and as such shouldn't be at the self service area
  2. You've somehow broken the laws of time. As you move the items onto the scales until the basket is empty, then move items from the scales into the bag until the scales are empty. It seems adding an entirely new period of moving does, in your universe, not exist in time.
  3. You're a ninny

None of these are acceptable supermarket behaviour.

Meenzersnonsense

Your basket is so full it requires the kind of packing normally reserved for bags, in which case it'll be more than 20 items, you should be using a trolley and as such shouldn't be at the self service area

You should be capable of shopping in any order then, when you get to the check out, pull the stuff out of the trolley in the correct order.

Still waiting for an adequate explanation of this one. ;)

I do my shopping in Home Bargains because I like eating 39p risottos so you people have NO idea what it's like to be faced with true supermarket idiots. The worst you get is middle class people struggling to get their polenta in scanned, I've got to work round people shovelling cheap bottles of Peroni into their baskets and eating Discos

I ordered a pint in Weatherspoons last year, and the following exchange occured:

Her: Have you got any ID?

Me: Err no, sorry. Do I really need it? Look at my beard.

Her: I'm afraid we have to ask anyone who looks under 25.

Me: That's great, but I'm 27. The beard woman! Please can you serve me.

Her: I'm sorry, I can't. I would have served you before because it used to be under 21, and you're obviously over 21.

Me: Well 21 is over 18, the legal drinking age, so you must be able to serve me.

Her: But you haven't got any ID.

I stormed off to meet my friends, one of whom took sympathy on me and got me a pint, without being ID'd. He was 19 at the time.

I've got no problem with it in principle, as long as they accept convenient ID. I've driven a car once in the last 13 years but I got a photo driving licence so as not to have to carry my passport with me in places that generally demand ID wherever you go and however old you are. Makes life a lot easier.

I was in Tesco at 6am today btw. The only person at the self checkout. And I still wouldn't have dreamt of packing after I'd paid.

If I'd been the only person in a Tesco at 6am, I'd be looking for every opportunity to massage my own self-worth too.

What dickhead? I live next to the giant one at Kingston Park. I'm not about to drive to Ponteland so I can go to Waitrose.

Like you couldn't afford Ocado on your bloated salary!

Unless of course you're only going in there to buy things to set ablaze in the carpark while you peel away in your convertible, chortling to your missus about what a bloody good jape that was?

Edited by The Fish