The first team squad - Season 2013-2014

Anorthernsoul

I'd say we need somebody that can play as a left forward if we are persisting with Pardew's bastardised version of a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. Plus another striker as competition for Cisse, but not somebody like Bent who is an inferior version of Cisse but somebody with a bit more rounded ability.

I mentioned Kalou earlier on and I think he'd be perfect for that left forward role. Also Moses or Sinclair too.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised more hasn't been discussed about the top secret person / methods that Pardew hinted was now involved in training. He even said in his interview that he didn't want to go into more detail.

It all sounded very intriguing but seems to have escaped discussion?

I'm surprised more hasn't been discussed about the top secret person / methods that Pardew hinted was now involved in training. He even said in his interview that he didn't want to go into more detail.

It all sounded very intriguing but seems to have escaped discussion?

Probably about as much of a sucess as his perfect corner routine from last season. :lol:

"We've got some new knowledge in and around us that I'm not gonna explain at this particular time and we've got some new ideas.

Floated corner to Colo instead of Williamson?

I'd say we need somebody that can play as a left forward if we are persisting with Pardew's bastardised version of a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. Plus another striker as competition for Cisse, but not somebody like Bent who is an inferior version of Cisse but somebody with a bit more rounded ability.

I mentioned Kalou earlier on and I think he'd be perfect for that left forward role. Also Moses or Sinclair too.

Aye in an ideal world another LF and a big hitting ST should be the two positions we really want to strengthen.

That said...So long as we get another quality striker i am happy to see Gouffran play LF. I think he will offer a lot more this season. Time for Marveaux to have a full season and contribute too. Then we have Jonas who im happy to have round the sqaud but i dont want to see start often.

Our best team at the minute is a very strong 11 when everyone is fit and in decent form.

--------------------Krul

Debuchy---Taylor---Colo---Santon

-----------------Tiote

---------Sissoko---Cabaye

---Ben Arfa---Cisse---Gouffran

When you look at that where do you think we can upgrade?

-Im happy with the back four and no doubt M'Biwa will get a good bit of game time across the back 4. Haidara is good cover for Santon. Streete is training with the 1st team, Willo is OK cover and Dummett will go out on loan again.

-The 3 in the middle are solid and i'd imagine their positions will be quite fluid. Anita will be the main cover with Bigi and Vuckic possibly getting a chance. Sell Gosling. I'd like to see Richardson and Newton get some minutes but they will most likely go out on loan.

-Im happy with Ben Arfa and Gouffran starting wide and obviously we have Jonas and Marveaux as cover but another option (Sinclair/Ince) would be ideal. Ship out Obertan. Loan out Sammy and Fergy.

-Upfront is obvious. We need a quality goal getter to challenge Cisse. Im happy for Shola to stay as cover whilst i hope we see Campbell alot more.

The squad isnt that bad, its just a case of 2-3 quality players in, shipping out the dead wood (Gosling, Amalfitano, Abeid and Obertan) and giving a few youngsters more of taste for the 1st team squad.

see if they start that shit again this season i'll need a new tv after a month, near bounced my remote off it towards the end of last season.

I had grown used to it.

I just stopped clapping corners altogether :lol:

Left forward - as in a 433 - OR 4231.

You could use winger as well I suppose. Inside forward, whatever...they aren't a million miles off.

I think our priorities would be to get strikers and someone who can play wide right. Tbh I think we should be signing Bent, Remy and Sinclair. Sinclair for me would be an outstanding signing. Him wide left, with Barfa wide right, and then competition for Cisse up front. It would be amazing to be able to call upon the likes of Remy/Bent/Campbell instead of Ameobi.

Left forward - as in a 433 - OR 4231.

You could use winger as well I suppose. Inside forward, whatever...they aren't a million miles off.

That's the thing, they aren't wingers, it confuses and bugs the tits off me when people say "Pardew played so and so on the wing" its a blatant misunderstanding of the system. England won the world cup with a team that played mostly 433 and they were called "the wingless wonders".

That's the thing, they aren't wingers, it confuses and bugs the tits off me when people say "Pardew played so and so on the wing" its a blatant misunderstanding of the system. England won the world cup with a team that played mostly 433 and they were called "the wingless wonders".

The way football should be played imo.

The dutch used similar systems too.

No, no they didn't! Completely different man & England's "wingless wonders" were basically 442 with Stiles dropping deep and the wide players slotting in more centrally. A million miles away from Holland's 433.

No, no they didn't! Completely different man & England's "wingless wonders" were basically 442 with Stiles dropping deep and the wide players slotting in more centrally. A million miles away from Holland's 433.

So they did play 433 then :lol:

Going by his chronicle article yesterday - here's my bet.

GK - Krul

LB Ben Arfa, CB Colo CB taylor CB Gouffran

LM Santon CM Tiote CM Cabaye RM Deb

Sissoko , Mbwia

although I'm not sure how comfortable he'd be with 5 players in position.

Edited by scoobos

It was a 4-4-2 diamond basically:

1312980475371778.jpg

It was a 4-4-2 diamond basically:1312980475371778.jpg

Is that your own interpretation of it?...thats fair enough but not what my old man says or what's in bobby Charltons book either...both said Sir Alf played 433 and was slaughtered for it in the press, until he won the world cup that is :)