Privatising the Royal Mail

The Fish

There's a petition to fight it and I hope you'll sign up.

bit.ly/1aHVDPl

CT, here's where you tell us how brilliant this will be and how we should all back Dave and his brilliant idea that'll somehow make this service better for the UK despite it costing 60p to get a letter to anywhere in the UK the following day. Whomever buys the Royal Mail will sharp ruin that.

I can't think of a single utility that has been improved by privatisation and yet it looks like the Tories are relentless on their "make it someone else's problem" parade, while ignoring the money that could be made if they got their mates to pay their taxes...

East Coast and TfL are the only train services turning a profit and guess what? Still Publicly owned. TfL are actually doing so well they're buying Greater Anglia (Hertfordshire rail service) and want to do the same for all the franchises operating in and out of London.

But aye, lets privatise the Royal Mail and soon as they can they'll dump the BBC as well.

East Coast and TfL are the only train services turning a profit and guess what? Still Publicly owned. TfL are actually doing so well they're buying Greater Anglia (Hertfordshire rail service) and want to do the same for all the franchises operating in and out of London.

But aye, lets privatise the Royal Mail and soon as they can they'll dump the BBC as well.

Wish they'd let them have the Essex branch of Greater Anglia - all the latest cunts have done is hire more ticket inspectors - THERES BARRIERS AT BOTH ENDS OF THE JOURNEY YOU FUCKING MORONS.

(Sorry major bug bear of mine)

Edited by NJS

Invest in stamps, this is a disastrous.

1st thing I'd do as the new dickhead owner of Royal Mail? render original stamps irrelevant.

• 2 months later...

Aren't TfL given about £7b in subsidies by the government every year, which they recognise as revenue? That would account for the profit.

Aren't TfL given about £7b in subsidies by the government every year, which they recognise as revenue? That would account for the profit.

It may, but if it were privately run, wouyld it receive less subsidy? I doubt it.

I can only think of one industry where the customer has benefited from privatisation more than have the politicians with their fingers in the pie

FFS, I'm getting £750 worth of shares, what good is that to anyone?

Good for making a quick £150 which you can offset against the increase in postage prices over the next few years.

Good news at last for the Posties and the general public who did not buy shares! They might end up worse off in the long run but at least ewerk and desmondtutu get a little backhander. Long live privatisation!

homer-simpson.jpg

Pictured; Man, who may or may not be known as CT receiving confirmation he's been successful in his bid to buy Royal Mail shares.

Good news at last for the Posties and the general public who did not buy shares! They might end up worse off in the long run but at least ewerk and desmondtutu get a little backhander. Long live privatisation!

homer-simpson.jpg

Pictured; Man, who may or may not be known as CT receiving confirmation he's been successful in his bid to buy Royal Mail shares.

its capital tutu.

desmondTUTU

:rolleyes: Is there something wrong with making money out of a process that is already happening?

No and lets face it, you'll need your windfall to pay your increased energy bill this winter. Good old privitisation; keep a minute number of shareholders happy by holding the country in general to ransom :good:

I never said that all privatisation was good, what I'm saying is that it isn't all necessarily bad. The argument for privatising Royal Mail isn't totally convincing fwiw, I was just trying to make a few quid out of it, as has nearly every postie employed by them. If it's going to happen anyway then there's nothing wrong with making the best of it.

The energy prices that are less than in most European countries? And the big bad energy suppliers who make a massive £65 a year off your bill? Aye, that sounds like a raw deal.

You sound like CT now :lol:

Am afraid I cant swallow what they feed me tbh. All smoke and mirrors. £1.5billion in pre tax profits makes for very happy shareholders :)

I understand the infrastructure needs constant upgrading, and this is how the Thatcher government decided how it would be paid for. It didnt mention that bills would go through the roof to do it or that the service provided would be arguably poorer. As has been pointed out earlier in the thread, the royal mail will go the same way.