NUFC vs Braga

StellarStripes

Would you pin your hopes on him though?

Brilliant in fleeting moments but little else.

It's not as though he has a hat full of assists or is renowned for turning matches. His reputation (whilst here) is hope and dreams, little else.

His wonder goals are like hens teeth and his mazy runs more of then than not confuse our own players as much as the opposition.

He should be busting a gut raring to go not just busting a gut.

If he can't deliver in the first few matches then Pardew needs to drop him. It's that simple.

We spent too much time last year hoping he would be our saviour and he wasn't up to it .

That's enough about Marveaux, we're talking about Ben Arfa.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he was so fat he couldn't take to the field I'd be concerned, but honestly? I'm more worried about Cisse's representatives causing us hassle, I'm more worried about the lack of movement in the transfer window, more worried about whetehr Coloccini will wait until Christmas before angling for a move home, if Cabaye will be sold with hours left in the window, if Krul gets a long injury, if Sissoko can't be arsed, if Pardew can't inspire, if Kinnear gets more involved in the on-the-field stuff.

Ben Arfa weighing a bit more isn't a concern for me.

He's had a fucking kite on him for 6 month man. :lol: He's taking the piss.

Have you any idea how much of a fan boy you sound? "So what if our best player has no interest in his fitness, despite picking up a very good wage for contributing next to fuck all since he arrived. Doesn't bother me. There's other stuff to be concerned with."

He's done NOTHING to deserve the sort of reverential treatment he gets from some of you lot. We've seen the promise of a good player. That's all. And now he looks to have given up.

Oh and to whoever asked, I can barely give a shit about the club anymore, but I can still point out stupidity when I see it.

The idea that he hasn't turned matches and has done nothing to deserve reverential treatment is completely unfair.

He's turned a few matches in how long since he's been here? He's turning stomachs when he takes his shirt off these days though.

Giving people an occasional glimpse of how good you are is not deserving of reverential treatment. If he was at a better club he'd be getting pelters for not delivering on a consistent basis, and he certainly wouldn't be getting a free pass for his current condition.