Better or Worse

The Fish

After the horror show at the Etihad, how did the players react? Did they improve?

Krul

Debuchy

Colo

Mbiwa

/

Ben Arrfa

Sissoko

/

/

Cisse

/

Pardew

Krul - Better

Debuchy - Same

Colo - Better

Mbiwa - Better

/

Ben Arfa - Fitter

Sissoko - Better, looked like a good partner for Anita

/

/

Cisse - Terrible.

/

Pardew - Improved substitutions, still no plan for the team particularly visible

You can discuss it til the cows come home but it was another shit Pardewesque nervy display with no inkling of improvement from last season.

Give it to Ben Arfa and hope.

Two wide players and how many first time crosses in or runs to the by line and cut back balls.

Dress it up all you like but it's just dog shit.

You can discuss it til the cows come home but it was another shit Pardewesque nervy display with no inkling of improvement from last season.

Give it to Ben Arfa and hope.

Two wide players and how many first time crosses in or runs to the by line and cut back balls.

Dress it up all you like but it's just dog shit.

That's what we do on football boards...

While yes, the opposition has an effect, I do think you can still remark upon the improvement or deterioration of individuals. For example, Cisse saw more of the ball today than he did against Man City, did his overall performance improve with this increase in possession? Mbiwa played in his preferred centre half position, did his performance improve accordingly?

I'm encouraged by the fact we tried to play some decent passing football. Also Anita and sissoko looked to compliment each other and have a bit of understanding. Especially impressed with Anita today.

Debuchy needs to sort himself out. As does Cisse.

All that won't matter though unless we get some more firepower in. In fact even if we do I don't know how much it will help since our manager seems comoletely incapable of getting individuals to perform as a team.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That's what we do on football boards...

While yes, the opposition has an effect, I do think you can still remark upon the improvement or deterioration of individuals. For example, Cisse saw more of the ball today than he did against Man City, did his overall performance improve with this increase in possession? Mbiwa played in his preferred centre half position, did his performance improve accordingly?

Discuss away but how you can compare better or worse by comparing Man City away to West Ham at home is impossible IMO.

To be honest I thought other than Ben Arfa looking a bit fitter the team on the whole just looked like they were going through the motions, similar to the season we got relegated. If something drastic doesn't change the outcome will be the same as that season as well.

Still, I find myself repeatedly saying the same thing, there's one fucking fat cancerous tumour at our club and dealing with symptoms isn't going to stop the overall disease.

I was at the game (unfortunately) and thought Debuchy looked a lot better, Anita by far was the best player in a Newcastle shirt. Whenever Ben Arfa got the ball there was no movement around him and ended up having to take shots because there was no one else looking to trouble the opposition. Cisse and Shola looked totally ineffective as a pairing and never should be played together again. Its shocking how Pardew can't see we need to go 4-3-3 to get the best out of everybody.

Debuchy was better, but he showed again that he struggles against pace. He was frustrating with his crosses as well - seems he always whips the ball in as early as possible, but does so without checking to see whether there's anyone to get on the end of it.

Discuss away but how you can compare better or worse by comparing Man City away to West Ham at home is impossible IMO.

What?

Of course you can! People do it all the time. You've done similar before, yourself. You're basically saying that each performance must only be measured against itself? Man City are quality, that's plain for everyone to see, so you remove them from the equation. The basics weren't done well by any of the team last weekend, ho were the basics done this weekend? Cisse got fuck all service, but did nothing with it when he did get a touch against Man City. I'm assuming he got more time on the ball today, how was his movement, how was his touch.

it's pretty straight forward stuff CT, I think you're just being (surprise surprise) contrary.

I was at the game (unfortunately) and thought Debuchy looked a lot better, Anita by far was the best player in a Newcastle shirt. Whenever Ben Arfa got the ball there was no movement around him and ended up having to take shots because there was no one else looking to trouble the opposition. Cisse and Shola looked totally ineffective as a pairing and never should be played together again. Its shocking how Pardew can't see we need to go 4-3-3 to get the best out of everybody.

I only saw the last 20 minutes, but I can see why Pardew would want a target man alongside Cisse, the problem is that Shola is finished(if he ever started) at top level. Cisse plays at the very top of the line with the last defender, he's a luxury though, as a modern striker. Ideally you'd like your lone striker to be a player who can drop deep and swap positions and get involved more.

None of them wanted to be the link between the midfield and Striker, so Reid and Collins just dominated aerially. So when Ben Arfa got the ball and drove infield, they were both making the same run, instead of creating gaps for each other. It's annoying because Shola has never been a target man, he's never dominant enough on the ball or with a defender, he's built like one, but just doesnt have the mentality of a target man.

Well, look at that, people comparing..

Fuck me, it's like it's a thing that people are capable of doing... :lol: @Christmas Tree

I'm encouraged by the fact we tried to play some decent passing football. Also Anita and sissoko looked to compliment each other and have a bit of understanding. Especially impressed with Anita today.

Debuchy needs to sort himself out. As does Cisse.

All that won't matter though unless we get some more firepower in. In fact even if we do I don't know how much it will help since our manager seems comoletely incapable of getting individuals to perform as a team.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mostly correct.

Sent from my Toshiba laptop using my in-built keyboard.

Mostly correct.

Sent from my Toshiba laptop using my in-built keyboard.

Anything more to add?

Sent from my work desktop using a shoddy HP keyboard and an old school mouse with an actual ball in it!

Anything more to add?

Sent from my work desktop using a shoddy HP keyboard and an old school mouse with an actual ball in it!

Yes actually, things are not to improve any time soon. So don't get your hopes up.

Sent from my Toshiba using in built keyboard and my sports direct mug/members t shirt.

Yes actually, things are not to improve any time soon. So don't get your hopes up.

Sent from my Toshiba using in built keyboard and my sports direct mug/members t shirt.

That's ok, my hopes are at an all time low.

Sent as if by magic through wires and cables and all kinds of techno-craziness

That's ok, my hopes are at an all time low.

Sent as if by magic through wires and cables and all kinds of techno-craziness

They will of course be raised in the coming months to a medium level as part of the roller coaster agreement all newcastle fans are binded to.

I thought our 4-4-2 without actual wingers was a ludicrous choice but Sammy got at that full back and he shit himself and it almost led to the winner so what do I know?

Ben Arfa looked fitter but was incredibly frustrating.

Aye HBA shooting became annoying as fuck. Still, if he had better movement ahead of him to make passes to that wouldn't happen.