FIFA 14

Barney

Sold up my teams apart from the argies and had just over a million coins so I picked up SIF tevez and Messi (managed to get messi for an absolute steal due to the TOTS market crash) and am now using...

http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/10734891/

This is possibly my favourite ever team, even ansaldi and romero perform really well. Ansaldi doesn't lack for pace with 87 but he seems to catch right up to even the quickest player hes up against with complete ease.

Garay has no pace but it doesn't matter, he has ridiculous defensive stats, people don't get past him and Rojo is quick enough to tidy up any balls dribbling through.

Perez is ace at CDM, can't recommend him enough, 80+ in his tackling stats means he manages to win the ball more often than not, his pace and dribbling and short passing again all 80+ means he can move out with it and distribute it really neatly too.

Lavezzi is, honestly, bang average but Ive used him a lot in my ligue 1 team so I can compensate since I know his strengths very well. Di Maria is belting on the other side, bags of pace, H/H workrates, he tracks back, and then breaks really fast, more often than not the outball for perez since he doesnt hang around too high up the pitch.

That front three, don't need to say much.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

bloody hell, not as bad as I thought possible, but not cheap either.

I guess over the course of a season it's not that much and you must collect a fair amount of coins from playing.

Well the team is priced at about 4.5 million, there are individual players who go for more, any pele that hits the market is 15million and sells in minutes

Fuck me! And they'll only use the card for a year at best before getting the new game and starting from scratch again.

Whoever at EA came up with it has played a blinder, must have made them an absolute fortune appealing to that Panini child in men with credit cards.

So anyone fancy fessing up how much they've spent over the years on packs/coins?

No idea, but it's too much tbh. Always had a thing for card games since I was a kid with pokemon cards and football stickers. They've nailed me pretty well with this one.

Whoever at EA came up with it has played a blinder, must have made them an absolute fortune appealing to that Panini child in men with credit cards.

If I'm not mistaken, it earned the boss of EA Sports a promotion (now the CEO of, er, the entire company).

It's not like it's limited to FIFA either, there's a version of Ultimate Team in all of their licensed sports games now.

I know a lad who spent £140 on UT when he first got FIFA 14 and the best player he got was David Villa. UT is the only thing most people play on it because it's addictive

about a tenner a month on packs/points think it's 1000 or something you get

i had decent luck with packs though and getting players to sell

Sounds a mad expense for virtual cards in a game you've already paid for to someone who's never done the UT thing, but I suppose that's the thing, over a year £120 is about 3 games, which if you say you'd play for 2-3 months each, if you really play fifa a lot and don't lose interest and take some enjoyment from the packs then I suppose it's worth it. I imagine there's a hell of a lot of unsatisfied people like StoneCold's mate who're wondering what they were thinking though.

Just bought four jumbo packs with £££ (£8s worth of FIFA points), got precisely fuck all in return. Surely the last time I buy packs with paid-for points.

Unfortunately I don't play this game enough to have accrued a load of coins, nor do I have a couple of rare IF/TOTS players I'm willing to sell to gain said coins.

Actually feel ill thinking about how much money I might have spent (itself not as much as most Ultimate Team players) on what seems to mostly be a load of virtual contracts.

an absolute rip off that though andrew

Meh, its a free update, I won't spend owt on it, just buy packs with coins I earn.

Any coins I get out of regular UT, which is usually quite a lot, can go into it over summer as well since I have a nearly all IF/TOTS bundes team I don't want any more out of regular UT this time round.

I enjoyed the euro one that came out a couple of years ago where you played nations and earned players when you beat them.

Its a free download for UT. Id be gutted if I bought the World Cup game and then this comes out for free :lol:

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! After years of shit in packs I got TOTS Hulk, jesus its been a long time coming

Unless You're keeping him get him sold ASAP, Tots prices have been dropping off really really quickly this year after the inital bubble on release.

Unless You're keeping him get him sold ASAP, Tots prices have been dropping off really really quickly this year after the inital bubble on release.

I sold him for 401k in the end. He shot down in value by about 150k in the space of 2 hours. I put him up for above market value at the start as no one quite knew what he went for and I just put him up for the average price he was listed. dat 150k missed out on :(