Talking to the Oppostion

Walker9009

Hello all! I return from last year after a very successful interaction last time. Hopefully no-one has beaten me on here and not started the same type of thread and I can ask you some questions about yourselves, Everton and the upcoming game for an article for our forum theevertonforum.co.uk and our news-site MyEvertonNews.com

So...

EDIT- QUESTIONS REMOVED

Edited by Walker9009

Hello all! I return from last year after a very successful interaction last time. Hopefully no-one has beaten me on here and not started the same type of thread and I can ask you some questions about yourselves, Everton and the upcoming game for an article for our forum theevertonforum.co.uk and our news-site MyEvertonNews.com

So...

5 games in and your results have been topsy-turvy. Have the performances matched the results for your wins, draws and losses, or have you been lucky or unlucky so far?

In general it's been about fair, however with some games such as Fulham it's merely taken a bit of Ben Arfa magic to take home the points.

Who has been your key performers so far?

Ben Arfa has been class, the way he's playing he could play for any Premier League team. Remy has impressed when played the past few games too.

What are your expectations for the season?

12thish, I think if our first team stays for we're good enough to not have to worry about relegation, it's just depth which is the problem.

With that in mind, is Alan Pardew good enough to fulfill these hopes?

Pardews working with what he's been given, the board have been afraid to spend big and he's shown he can do a good job, such as te 5th season. However there were many times last season where he showed tactical ineptitude and he can make some utterly brain dead decisions. Still, he's the best we can get with this board. And since Ashley is happy as long as he meets his expectations (17th or higher) every season, our opinions don't matter.

Who will be the big threat to Everton next Monday?

If Remy starts he'll cause some real problems, I think he's perfectly matched against your defence.

On to Everton...

Have you seen much of our season? How do you think we have done so far?

Bits and pieces. I saw the Chelsea game and didn't think you played too great, yet you won 1-0 and defended brilliantly. Can't complain with an undefeated team so I'm sure you're all happy about these first few months.

What do you make of Roberto Martinez as a manager? Do you think he will do well at Everton?

I'm not actually a big fan of his and am undecided on how he will do there. On the one hand he plays good football and has started well, but £18 million on two Wigan players seems frankly bizarre.

If you could take one player from Everton, who would it be and why?

Barkley, great talent you have there.

Which Everton player do you think will trouble you most?

I'm currently just praying there's no free kicks on the edge of the area for a certain left back...

Who is Everton's worst player or weak link, in your opinion?

Talking starting 11, Jelavic.

Where do you think us Toffees will finish this season?

7/8. Top of the rest of us.

Finally...

Predictions?

1-1.

So...

5 games in and your results have been topsy-turvy. Have the performances matched the results for your wins, draws and losses, or have you been lucky or unlucky so far?

There has been a steady if unspectacular improvement, we've earned the points we've deserved and been mauled by City, like we deserved. The game against Hull was what happens when a team with too much confidence in the one player that can make a difference, doesn't take it upon themselves when he doesn't show up.

Ben Arfa has been outstanding, Santon has been decent, Anita has been ok, Mbiwa is tidy at centre-back but awful at fullback,

We've got a top-rate first team. Seriously, I look at our 'keeper, centre backs, leftback, midfield and strike force and think we could challenge for a top 6/7th spot, the problem is that our second string is bloody awful. Midtable, average, 12th.

Is Alan Pardew capable of taking a club with a top rate 1st team and a bang average squad to 12th? Yeah, sure, why not. He's as capable as any other average manager. But he's not the real problem, it's the owner. A lot has been said of our £30m January spending, though not much has been said about the fact that should have been spent last summer, and so on and so forth. He's passionate about winning, he'll win over a lot of fans with his off-field, on-screen antics. He managed Ben Arfa very well early on, he has opened his mouth about other clubs and managers and that been a little embarrassing. He's an arsehole, but he's currently our arsehole.

Ben Arfa is the obvious threat, but he's up against arguably the best left back in the league, so it may need another player to step up. Remy, maybe?

On to Everton...

You've struggled to score, but as soon as Lukaku becomes a 1st team regular I think that'll change. So far I'd say you've not taken advantage of the opening fixtures, but, like ourselves, you're growing in confidence. You've not had an aberrant result yet, hopefully it'll come against us.

What do you make of Roberto Martinez as a manager? Do you think he will do well at Everton?

Honestly? I'm not sure if he's competent enough for a club of your size. He was lauded for playing nice football that consistently took Wigan close (and finally succumb) to relegation. Everton can't afford to be out of the limelight that the top half brings for too long and if Martinez doesn't provide that he may need to be replaced. Everton aren't a club for snap-decisions on their management though, so you may find you give him long enough for the damage to be substantial. I am happy to be proven wrong, but I think that while he's a likeable manager that plays decent football, I'm not convinced he's good enough.

Baines; immense performances against us recently aside, he's a consistent threat and a dependable defender. Aside from that obvious choice, I like Mirallas and Barkley

Lukaku if he starts and whomever spends most time on our right hand side as Debuchy is struggling at the minute. If Barry gets to dictate the play, he could be a big problem too.

Howard isn't a 'keeper that would fill me with confidence, if we can take advantage of Barry's lack f pace in the middle Sissoko could drive past him, but to be honest you're quite strong wherever we're strongest. HBA v Baines, Cabaye v Barry, Colo/Mbiwa v Lukaku/A.N.Other. Remy could have fun against Coleman if he plays, but other than that I think we'll be struggling if we turn up with the same approach as we did against Hull.

Your competitors for the European spots have all strengthened so that 4-8th pack are going to make it tough for anyone to make any one position their own. Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Swansea and yourselves will be up there. Maybe even one from teams like Southampton, Villa, West Ham and ourselves if we/they get on a good run. I'd be surprised if you finished outside the top half.

Finally...

Predictions?

More comfortable than the score suggest 1-0 home win

We've got what we deserved in most cases. We were abysmal against Man City and in the second half against Hull.

It has differed from game to game. Ben Arfa was a clear stand out against Aston Villa, but he was poor against Hull. Loic Remy has had a very positive impact.

Mid table finish, more embarrassment from the owner.

You asked about expectations above, not hopes. Operating within the realms of the expectations set by the club Pardew is about as good as we can hope for. If we're talking hopes then no we should have someone more tactically astute.

Remy, Ben Arfa if they're on their game. Cabaye is due a good performance.

On to Everton...

I haven't unfortunately.

I'd expect that it would bring about some massive changes compared to Moyes. More passing for a start, and setup with actual strikers.

Baines, he is clearly the best player at the club, the dream fullback really.

Baines could easily exploit our weak defending out wide. Miralles will be key.

On the whole it's a good squad. If I had to say anything I'd say lack of options up top is still an issue.

Just outside the top 6.

Predictions?

1-1

So...

Think we've gotten what we've deserved so far. The Hull result is the worrying one, we need to win games like those.

Ben Arfa without a doubt. Remy has looked good and Anita is showing promise.

We'll finish 10-12th, mainly because of lack of squad depth.

Yes, he's nothing special but provided we dont get last year's injuries he'll have us finish midtable. Promising to see him getting the team to try and play good passing football this season.

Ben Arfa and Remy.

On to Everton...

A couple of the games. Everton have done well, though I suppose this lack of goals may be a bit worrying. You've got a well balanced team. However I dont think that will be a long standing problem.

Not sure to be honest, I dont to what extent Wigan struggling year after year was down to him. I think we're going to find just how good or otherwise Martinez is after a couple of seasons with Everton.

At the moment I'd say Lukaku, simply because we're lacking backup in the striking department and that physical presence up front that he can provide.

Probably Baines with his runs down the left. Ben Arfa doenst track back all the time and Debuchy is inconsistent at the moment.

I said above Everton seem a well balanced team to me with good players in all areas. Havent watched you guys enough to pick out a particularly weak spot to be honest however I'd say you could use some more firepower upfront.

8th.

Finally...

Predictions?

2-1

So...

Man City was totally deserved, we probably should've beaten West Ham which was 0-0, deservedly beat Fulham, Villa too, two excellent shows them, but imo we were abysmal against Hull. You don't know what Newcastle will turn up at the minute. If the one against Villa turns up we can win on Monday, if the Hull one turns up we will definitely lose.

Ben Arfa has been class in most of the games, its a key thing Shola is missing too (in a good way)

Staying up, our owner doesn't care, we have 50000 people every home game, and we've basically signed fuck all when the likes of Cardiff and Hull have spent £30m.

Ben Arfa would be a threat to any club in the world, when he plays his game.

On to Everton...

Solid, with a little bit more passing football than previous years.

I think Everton will continue overachieving in 6th-8th and he'll do well, wish we could swap.

Lukaku technically isn't an Everton player, but I'd have Baines all the same.

Lukaku, we should've made a proper effort to at least get him on loan.

I think Heitinga is a liability at times, fuck knows how he has as many caps for Holland.

7th

Predictions?

1-1

So...

Remy, Ben Arfa, Anita and Gouffran has been important for us, but also our young gun Dummet has been absolutely solid the little time he has played.

I was really hoping we could make it into the top 10 this season, because even we haven't strengthened much this summer our new and old players from last season should have become more bonded together now. We should also have some decent young ones stepping it up this season, like Dummet, Sammy, Haidara, Vuckic and hopefully Obertan.

I hope, but sadly I think in reality not. He's just not a very strategic manager, and seems like he struggles with having a real influence on the players in games. His media interviews are horrible aswell.

Probably Remy, Ben Arfa and Gouffran.

On to Everton...

You've done very well for yourselves. I'm impressed with how good the morale is in your team having lost your long-serving manager and probably your most important player.

I think you've captured a great new manager who seems to have had an instant influence on your performances. Very clever and well-spoken man, who knows how to play strategic, and with the right squad and talent, unlike Wigan, I think he can achieve a lot.

Baines, no other player is even close to be a contender. But I think you have a very good collective thinking squad with good work ethics, that's more important than individual stars. You also have a very good balance of homegrown and foreign players which is very important in the PL.

If Lukaku plays I think he will be a pain in the arse, and Baines bombing down the left flank of course.

As I said before I think you have a good collective of players who performs very consistently, but hopefully your two center-backs will come short against our attackers on Monday.

Top 10 definitely, I can see u grabbing a place in the euro's this season aswell.

Finally...

Predictions?

2-3 win for us :P

Edited by Aeris

"Hope we batter these big headed twats!"

"Hope we batter these tarts....."

Fucking hell, what happened to these cunts down the years with us? :lol:

There really is such touchy arseholes on the internet, full of shit, piss, hot air and full of themselves. Almost like Villa fans with no previous axe to grind getting all het up. Most fans you bump into from other clubs aren't usually any bother. That's in real life. In a bar. Near the ground etc. Then you've the internet Billy Bullshitters. :lol:

Talking of 'touchy' and internet, just decided to register on N-O and give it a shot but when it came to verify me there was three questions, one was what is NUFC's most famous shirt number.......ok so far.......the next two were questions about how many posts you need to make before you can start a topic and how long you'd be banned for for putting up goals from a game! :lol: :lol: Fuck that, if joining a forum about Newcastle Utd means reading up about banning rules on their site then err, it's not for me. Who's running that show, the sixth form prefects club? Fucking hell. :lol:

Talking of 'touchy' and internet, just decided to register on N-O and give it a shot but when it came to verify me there was three questions, one was what is NUFC's most famous shirt number.......ok so far.......the next two were questions about how many posts you need to make before you can start a topic and how long you'd be banned for for putting up goals from a game! :lol: :lol: Fuck that, if joining a forum about Newcastle Utd means reading up about banning rules on their site then err, it's not for me. Who's running that show, the sixth form prefects club? Fucking hell. :lol:

We are thinking of doing the same here tbh.

Q1: What does SJP mean?

Q2: Tits or Minge?

Q3: ANSWER THE QUESTION!!

What's wrong with just this forum mate? We not good enough for you?

it's ok. they wet the bed on there.

What's wrong with just this forum mate? We not good enough for you?

This forums fine when it doesn't crash and when people don't post about Inter Milan 'legends'.

1386854_full-lnd.jpg

"I would like to dedicate this good moment to Monroe Transfer for all his support of me in toontastic, it makes me happy knowing I have his love, Forza MT!"