Politics

Christmas Tree

Of course not. :lol:

Just reiterating claims you have made in the past, that's all. Anyway, not sure fashion is a party political issue. ;)

In truth I don't believe you should vote one way or the other out of habit, but instead which party presents the best package for dealing with the issues at that time.

In truth I don't believe you should vote one way or the other out of habit, but instead which party presents the best package for dealing with the issues at that time.

So you act contrarily to what you actually believe? Taking wummery a bit far don't you think?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So you act contrarily to what you actually believe? Taking wummery a bit far don't you think?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sure what you mean. When an election comes round you should consider which party looks more capable of managing the economy and which party's manifesto policies are the best.

I fully appreciate some people are very right or left wing, but everyone else should make a considered choice, especially when labour and conservatives have been so similar in the last 20 years.

Not sure what you mean. When an election comes round you should consider which party looks more capable of managing the economy and which party's manifesto policies are the best.

I fully appreciate some people are very right or left wing, but everyone else should make a considered choice, especially when labour and conservatives have been so similar in the last 20 years.

Judging which party's policies are 'the best' requires subjective judgements aka 'principles'. Unless you claim that we live in an era of evidence-based policy-making? I have a mate involved in policy trials, burgeoning area but not how things are done at the minute.

If you have principles and the parties in front of us represent broadly the application of common principles to key government decision-points (basically, rule of law, monetary policy, tax & expenditure), then you'd expect the norm to be you stick with the party that best represents your principles. No?

Judging which party's policies are 'the best' requires subjective judgements aka 'principles'. Unless you claim that we live in an era of evidence-based policy-making? I have a mate involved in policy trials, burgeoning area but not how things are done at the minute.

If you have principles and the parties in front of us represent broadly the application of common principles to key government decision-points (basically, rule of law, monetary policy, tax & expenditure), then you'd expect the norm to be you stick with the party that best represents your principles. No?

I think that's true with regard to the far left and far right of each party. Less so for the majority of the voters who make up the centre ground.

I was saying last week to someone that i thought May had masterminded the whole fallout from the referendum in her favour. Michael Gove comes over as a self absorbed prick, just the sort of person who could be flattered into doing something stupid. The whole pace at which the killing of Boris (encouraged by someone senior in the party) was quickly translated into an act of a traitor (rolled out perfectly across the news cycle with buy in from the DM - who did leak that message from Vine?) just made me think it was too neat to be just 'unfolding events' - power doesnt get transferred so dramatically on the whims of on the cuff decision-making.

Anyway, seem i'm not the only one who thought this

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/09/country-political-crisis-tories-prime-minister

"We may assume that powerful Conservative figures wanted Boris Johnson gone, for historical as well as proximal reasons. Someone lofty may have spoken smoothly into the ear of his lieutenant, Michael Gove, to persuade him he was prime minister material and that he should desert. When he did and Johnson stepped aside, a so-called grandee, Michael Heseltine, was on hand to disembowel the corpse. Then, for his 15 minutes, Gove was before us, cross-gartered like foolish Malvolio, until another grandee, Kenneth Clarke, in concert with the Daily Mail, was ready to knife his guts. Two down in the summer of contempt."

It was all May all along.

It'll be a May coronation. Which can only be a good thing as she won't have to make promises to the right in order to secure the position. Gives her a bit more wiggle room in Brexit negotiations.

Edit: Or maybe not.

Edited by ewerk