Politics

Christmas Tree

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

This could conceivably bounce Sunak into an early election. If he thinks more of his MPs will defect, it will definitely start to eat into their polling at an accelerated rate. If he goes sooner he stops the bleeding.

If it's a May election he needs to make that decision in the next few days I think. It's possible but more likely he'll be paralysed into inaction unless the 50 letters happen.

The last time I was this confident of a result was the time we beat the mackems 2-0 at SJP, early 2002 season I think. We were in rennaisance with Bobby Robson and the mackems were fucking awful, on route to a record low points total. Bellamy scored in the first minute and we ended up winning comfortably 2-0. Thing is, I hope this GE isn't like that, cos I was really disappointed that day we didn't smash 10 past the cunts which we should have. Nothing short of tory extinction will satisfy me now. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

If it's a May election he needs to make that decision in the next few days I think. It's possible but more likely he'll be paralysed into inaction unless the 50 letters happen.

The last time I was this confident of a result was the time we beat the mackems 2-0 at SJP, early 2002 season I think. We were in rennaisance with Bobby Robson and the mackems were fucking awful, on route to a record low points total. Bellamy scored in the first minute and we ended up winning comfortably 2-0. Thing is, I hope this GE isn't like that, cos I was really disappointed that day we didn't smash 10 past the cunts which we should have. Nothing short of tory extinction will satisfy me now. 

I think he's got until the 20th or something like that. So there's enough time for another defection or two and some new polling to show the effects.

ALso thinking about it, I think this signals Reform will not back down in key tory seats like UKIP did in 2019. That could be the most damaging part of it for the tories. They really are fucked every way they turn aren't they? And they have zero competence left  to deal with it. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

ALso thinking about it, I think this signals Reform will not back down in key tory seats like UKIP did in 2019. That could be the most damaging part of it for the tories. They really are fucked every way they turn aren't they? And they have zero competence left  to deal with it. 

If he backs down in Tory seats he just becomes another tool of the Tory Party and all of his big talk comes to nowt. I think he's said enough now to make that very unlikely.

He knows they probably won't have a single MP after the election, but he loves the limelight and the exposure will make him some money, and that'll do him.

20 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think he's got until the 20th or something like that. So there's enough time for another defection or two and some new polling to show the effects.

Legally there needs to be 5 weeks / 25 working days from Parliament being dissolved and the election date. This means the former would have to happen on 26th March, if the general election were to coincide with the local ones pencilled in for 2nd May. 

• Like 1

Taxes - At a post war record level.

Immigration - at an all time record level.

Brexit - been an unmitigated disaster (see above 2 points)

DIvide our society - something the tories have sought to do every single day they have been in power. 

Can we not just go back to square one please? 

Sunak's spokeman has said that Hester didn't mention race or gender - he literally said she made him hate all black women. 

Edited by NJS
  • Like 1

Well if his friend, who is white and a Tory peer, says he’s not racist then that’s the debate finished with 

• Haha 2

Lads, he just sometimes says things that racists would say, but the thing that separates him from the racists that say the same stuff is that he just actually isn't racist. He just says the same stuff. And honestly it's really upsetting for him at the minute that people have leapt to the wrong conclusions about him.

• Haha 2

Not to mention that it’s took his acting like a massive fucking racist to shine a light in how corrupt his relationship is with the government/Tory party 

• Like 2

On 10/03/2024 at 21:16, Alex said:

Labour (Jeremy Corbyn) :lol: 

I just got the same leaflet delivered from my friendly local conservative councillor cunts.

I thought the mention of Corbyn was weird. Hopefully a few round my way will think "Oh yeah, Labour have a sensible leader now, let's give them a try". Then they can remind themselves why Boris Johnson is no longer the conservative option and try to think who the hell Jo Swinson was. 

Anyway, I'm filling it in and returning it, costs them money. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Lying to people that you're the party of low taxes isn't working.

Just lying to people in general tbh. I know it’s been discussed and Renton or yourself might’ve been the first to make the point. But they got away with it talking about some future promised land, free of EU red tape and regulations with ‘sovereignty’ reinstated, less immigration, greater prosperity etc. They can’t get away with lying about stuff they’ve already caused though. Although talk of low taxes from the party that introduced a record tax burden whilst simultaneously destroying public services, making global inflation pressures even worse, making your mortgage costs thousands of pounds more and just generally making everyone bar the super rich and wealthy retirees significantly poorer is, what the Americans would call, a doozy 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

This Hester bloke sounds horrific. 

Like I said last week I think, the tories literally cannot go a full week without some other shit show happening. This is particularly bad for them because it comes after Sunak's ridiculous extremism speech, they can't afford to neutralise it by returning the money, and it draws attention to the rank corruption of tax payer cash and honours for donation paybacks. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Renton said:

I just got the same leaflet delivered from my friendly local conservative councillor cunts.

I thought the mention of Corbyn was weird. Hopefully a few round my way will think "Oh yeah, Labour have a sensible leader now, let's give them a try". Then they can remind themselves why Boris Johnson is no longer the conservative option and try to think who the hell Jo Swinson was. 

Anyway, I'm filling it in and returning it, costs them money. 

Returned. 

Screenshot_20240313_100003_Photos.thumb.jpg.c0be5d51185671d5abd38b75e047156e.jpg

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Renton said:

Returned. 

Screenshot_20240313_100003_Photos.thumb.jpg.c0be5d51185671d5abd38b75e047156e.jpg

Mine came courtesy of Ian Levy. Current Blyth Valley MP but standing in the newly formed constituency of Cramlington and Killingworth at the next GE. Electoral Calculus rates his chances of winning at 2% :D 

• Haha 4

Latest plan is to PAY asylum seekers to go to Rwanda. :lol:

I mean, how can this now be called a deterrent? If anything, it will become an incentive (especially as it has been confirmed Rwanda will let them leave at any time they like). And then of course we still pay Rwanda an additional sum, thought to be in seven figures. Genius. 

• Jaysus... 1