Politics

Christmas Tree

On 04/03/2024 at 13:22, Renton said:

Paul Scully not contesting the next election. Despite his "no go areas" comments last week, I heard him on the News Agents, and I felt he was one of the few relatively decent ones left. I think his quitting highlights the issues the tories face. 

I actually think he nails it here and is quite funny.

image.png.4ed53159a8e8bf6e235c9e1986ea1f4a.png

See, I got here yersterday, I should be a politcal journalist. :lol:

• Haha 2

Dunno why the tweet won't embed, but Sunak plans to campaign on a reduction in the basic rate of income tax to 16%.

Everything is fucked. People want public services that work, and these clueless pricks just keep shouting "LOWER TAXES! LOWER TAXES!"

Mental.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

What a pair of shpenks!

:lol: Nobody who has to do that sort of thing enjoys that sort of thing. Electric charisma from the pair of them too 

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Dunno why the tweet won't embed, but Sunak plans to campaign on a reduction in the basic rate of income tax to 16%.

Everything is fucked. People want public services that work, and these clueless pricks just keep shouting "LOWER TAXES! LOWER TAXES!"

Mental.

How can he do that with the OBR looking over his shoulder? Also, people know public services are fucked and this would fuck them even more. Most people rely on at least one service. 

Still, this worries me a bit. Because a large section of people are cunts who wou;d throw the country to the dogs if they thought it would benefit them by a few quid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

How can he do that with the OBR looking over his shoulder? Also, people know public services are fucked and this would fuck them even more. Most people rely on at least one service. 

Still, this worries me a bit. Because a large section of people are cunts who wou;d throw the country to the dogs if they thought it would benefit them by a few quid.

Nah lower taxes isn't even polling well. People want public services that work.

Another 5 years of this lot in exchange for paying a little bit less tax is not gonna appeal. Everyone is fucking sick of them.

Might be a ploy for the next but one GE - tempt Starmer to keep the cuts and be more fucked than they already are or raise taxes which can be used as a wedge. 

• Like 1

Thread.

Another example of how these just can't stop fucking up because the party is filled with people who would be incompetent in any job in any industry.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NJS said:

Might be a ploy for the next but one GE - tempt Starmer to keep the cuts and be more fucked than they already are or raise taxes which can be used as a wedge. 

He’d need to reverse it straight away imo and say it’s absolutely necessary to reverse the trend of public services failing. If he dithers it’ll be weaponised all the more 

Nice bit of budget coverage this am from Faisal Islam on the BBC. Making the seemingly bullshit claim that the public want lower taxes and a smaller state despite pressures on public services. Without providing any evidence. Then proceeding to ask if the public will blame the government for problems caused by the global economic climate and events like covid, which have caused a larger public sector. But didn’t mention Brexit being a cause of that too. And also failed to make reference to the self-inflicted stuff by Truss in relation economic pressures. Compare that to what you see on Channel 4 News and even GMTV. They’re an absolute fucking disgrace these days. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

events like covid which caused a larger public sector

They created a larger public debt due to furlough and dodgy PPE schemes. The public sector themselves weren't even furloughed and worked through covid. Brexit on the other hand is causing masses of red tape andis responsible for mass immigration from India and Africa. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

He’d need to reverse it straight away imo and say it’s absolutely necessary to reverse the trend of public services failing. If he dithers it’ll be weaponised all the more 

Aye there'll be enough goodwill for a short period of time if he's brave enough to make the statement that the last government's actions were all about salting the earth and trying to make life more difficult for everyone under a Labour government.

I think, by now, the public are ready to hear the argument that the only way to improve public services is if we can pay for it, and all the last lot were doing was trying to buy your vote with tax cuts. You showed them you were above that by voting for a change, and now we all need to get on with the job of fixing the mess we've been left, and that starts with reversing some of the stupid decisions we've all been subjected to.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

🙂

Set up by some shady investment company and a Brexiteer who has spent a lot of money on other right wing media outlets. The people behind it aren’t stupid. It’s payback jobs for the boys and to spread right-wing agenda under the guise of news. It was never meant to make money imo. Although it’s nice to see it’s not doing very well the losses are going into the back pockets of a right set of grifting cunts. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

Set up by some shady investment company and a Brexiteer who has spent a lot of money on other right wing media outlets. The people behind it aren’t stupid. It’s payback jobs for the boys and to spread right-wing agenda under the guise of news. It was never meant to make money imo. Although it’s nice to see it’s not doing very well the losses are going into the back pockets of a right set of grifting cunts. 

Aside from the financial losses their efforts to pull the Tories even further to the right have opened the door of No.10 to Keir Starmer.

Great job all round, lads.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Not the best, but nice to see that Labour has a social media game these days.

It will do it's intended job, even if it's not the greatest bit of bants.

"I say, Suella have you seen this tweet from the labour party?"

Suella:

Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 4

Why am I listening to Hunt making bizarre personal attacks at Angela Rayner here? Honestly, it just makes me rage. Now he's shamefully stlen Labour's idea on Non Doms, claiming it was originally a policy from Nigel Lawson. Just fuck off Hunt you cunt. 

• Like 2