Politics

Christmas Tree

These cunts can't help themselves with the culture war. It's doing them no favours.

image.png.b0d806f5b50a7c8571da2b5a3acad527.png

I am sure Stride has good data to back these very specific figures up. 

• Like 3

I think it must be very difficult in the vast majority of cases to find the courage to go to your doctor and say that. Or even talk about it general. But I wish to fuck that more people would do it. And I am so glad that it is a lot easier and more acceptable than it ever used to be. But that doesn’t mean there isn’t a lot more progress to make. 
I fucking despise these cunts. The sooner they’re out of power the better 

• Like 3

It's disgusting unevidenced comment from the "party of common sense". If we're going to allow anecdotes here I know many people personally who can no longer cope due to a combination of poor access to healthcare, the Americanisation of work practices, detioration of schools and the impact of this on the their kids, and the cost of living crisis. All of which the government are responsible for. Instead of adressing these issues (and many others beside), Stride impies people with MH issues are malingerers, no doubt aided and abetted by woke GPs. Just fuck off you cunt. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

Owen Jones has written an article for the guardian explaining why he's just cancelled his Labour membership. I haven't read it, but I assume it's mostly for attention.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Owen Jones has written an article for the guardian explaining why he's just cancelled his Labour membership. I haven't read it, but I assume it's mostly for attention.

I would imagine it’s because they’re so far ahead in the polls too. 

• Like 2

If he was genuine he’d go into politics properly instead of criticising Labour via various media outlets. I think he was genuine initially but he’s just another grifter and has been for a while 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

If he was genuine he’d go into politics properly instead of criticising Labour via various media outlets. I think he was genuine initially but he’s just another grifter and has been for a while 

Aye, this latest piece of performance art will be about lining up his post-election grift.

• Like 1

I read it - it's more or less the same reason I chucked in membership ages ago but I have to admit I'm not sure why it's taken him so long to get to that point. Writing has been on the wall for anyone who thinks like him for some time now, nothing is 'new' about where we are. So on that basis yes, I suspect it's been done to maximise attention whereas it could and should have been done as soon as Starmer started abandoning the pledges that had him elected to leadership.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I read it - it's more or less the same reason I chucked in membership ages ago but I have to admit I'm not sure why it's taken him so long to get to that point. Writing has been on the wall for anyone who thinks like him for some time now, nothing is 'new' about where we are. So on that basis yes, I suspect it's been done to maximise attention whereas it could and should have been done as soon as Starmer started abandoning the pledges that had him elected to leadership.

Yeah, I respect that view but the timing? Just fuck off, you tedious cunt 

Him, not you ;) 

• Haha 1

I mean yeah, I do agree with that. Despite having alignment with him in many senses I've never had a lot of time for Jones. It does all just seem performative.

• Like 1

Well half the article is an attempt to shoot down the obvious criticisms (like the imminent landslide victory for Labour). Which just had the opposite effect tbh. 

• Like 1

Yeah. And what he fails to really sell is the idea that there's any real alternative path to head down for people in his (or my) boat anyway. I keep coming back to just spoiling my ballot because I'm now so disengaged with it all, so devoid of hope, that I can't even get started trying to believe in any of it anyway. From any party or side.

So what he's really saying is that people like us should head into political nihilism. Which is where I am, but I'm not sure I'd advocate it for anyone else.

• Like 1

If there’s anything to campaign for it’s electoral reform. Possibly a hopeless cause but not as hopeless as voting for greens or independents in the next election. In the vast majority of constituencies at least 

Electoral reform won't happen while Labour have  majorities. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens at the next but one election if the tories can consume reform/ukip by continuing to the right as absolutely nothing will improve before then. 

6 minutes ago, NJS said:

absolutely nothing will improve before then

Really? I mean, you don't think booting the current bunch of useless cunts out (surely the worst government in remembered history) and replacing them with at the very least less odious and more competent cunts* won't improve things? I find that either mind boggling or more likely just completely insincere and contrary on your part. 

* For the avoidance of doubt, I do not believe the shadow cabinet are remotely cunts. I believe they are politically savvy and staying quiet and uncontroversial whilst handing out the hanging rope to the tories. An example was yesterday, Starmer directly attacked the Rwanda policy in PMQs. He knows now is the time to do it, because it is no longer a political win for the tories under any useful demographic. This is how it will be until the GE is announced. 

• Like 1

I've seen no ideas or policies on any subject which I think will make a difference. Some will make thing worse - Streeting has more of a hard on for NHS privatisation than even the the tories. 

Reeves has been crystal clear thst austerity will continue so there'll be no public spending increases. 

Their great God is growth (without specifying how they'll achieve it) - on its own that will do nothing for inequality or poverty. 

The main choice will be batshit tory policies or mainstream tory policies. There is nothing else. 

41 minutes ago, NJS said:

I've seen no ideas or policies on any subject which I think will make a difference. Some will make thing worse - Streeting has more of a hard on for NHS privatisation than even the the tories. 

Reeves has been crystal clear thst austerity will continue so there'll be no public spending increases. 

Their great God is growth (without specifying how they'll achieve it) - on its own that will do nothing for inequality or poverty. 

The main choice will be batshit tory policies or mainstream tory policies. There is nothing else. 

We've been through this before, they're not going to announce policies the tories will steal or get their client media to attack. Look what happened with Phillipson's childcare plans, windfall tax,  or the Nom Dom tax status just last week.

In reality though, doesn't matter what they do because they will never match your Corbynite dream, I'm not arsed rehearsing the New Labour arguments again but I'm willing to bet most on this board thought the country was immeasurably better then. 

I disagree but there's been 14 years of austerity since then which they have no plans to reverse.

In any case Starmer's government will be far to the right of Blair. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NJS said:

I disagree but there's been 14 years of austerity since then which they have no plans to reverse.

In any case Starmer's government will be far to the right of Blair. 

Far to the right is a stretch like. Rayner, Cooper, Reeves, Phillipson, Miliband, Lammy, all right wing loons.

It's not about ideology for me, it's about pragmatism. But aye, you thought Blair were the same as the tories back in the day, and you're being consistent I guess. Me personally, I'm looking forward to things getting better, to coin the greeat Brian Cox. 

• Like 1

LD's as official opposition, according to the latest poll. This would be a sad day for Rayvin, NJS, and Owen Jones. I can't wait. ;)

• Like 1

If this happened I'd piss myself laughing btw. Not only at tory annihilation, but showing what a fucking farce FTP is when 9% for the LDs gets them 49 seats (up 41 from 2019 when they got 11.8% of the vote) and much as I hate them, Reform get 15% and get - checks notes - zero seats. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think it's important not to confuse 'better than the Tories' with 'good'.

Win power first, improve lives later. Enough with being principled in opposition. Do what you need to do to win power and then restore public services and invest 

• Like 3