Politics

Christmas Tree

I bet CT's kids are too old to get it now btw.

Wrong again :icon_lol:

Probably will be by 2013 though, eh? :icon_lol:

You should make the previous post your sig btw.

Wrong Again :(

One more in the same thread on the same day should really entitle you to a prize or something :icon_lol:

Wrong again :(

Do you break the £44k threshold though?

Cant really take anyone srious on this issue who doesnt at least see this as a very good first move. Well off people dont need benefits.

I agree it shouldn't be universal like but at the same time this doesn't seem a particularly fair way of doing it either. Smokescreen anyway like but it's working.

One more in the same thread on the same day should really entitle you to a prize or something :icon_lol:

Wouldn't want to steal your crown tbh. And I'm only going off you mentioning your daughter starting work in a bank.

Cant really take anyone srious on this issue who doesnt at least see this as a very good first move. Well off people dont need benefits.

What about those with a household income of 80k?

Thats why I said "first move".

Lets look at the facts.

85% of people currently receiving child benefit wont be affected by this. of the ones who are, there will be some oddities as you describe. These will be miniscule.

To make this change problem free you would then have to start means testing every family, filling in forms, more wasted in pen pushing than would probably be saved. I would rather see the 1 billion saving than get all heated up over the few exceptions.

You have similar oddities in most current tax systems now.

Hopefully this is just the sort of thing that will be tidied up when the single benefit comes in.

Wouldn't want to steal your crown tbh. And I'm only going off you mentioning your daughter starting work in a bank.

1 down three to go :icon_lol:

1 down three to go :icon_lol:

Fair enough, it was probably a paper round given your propensity for bs :icon_lol:

Lets look at the facts.

85% of people currently receiving child benefit wont be affected by this. of the ones who are, there will be some oddities as you describe. These will be miniscule.

To make this change problem free you would then have to start means testing every family, filling in forms, more wasted in pen pushing than would probably be saved. I would rather see the 1 billion saving than get all heated up over the few exceptions.

Hopefully this is just the sort of thing that will be tidied up when the single benefit comes in.

Aye, fuck the hard working single parents i.e. the people who deserve the benefit.

Lets look at the facts.

I can see this being really painful for single-earning familes with several kids tbh, I don't think the 'oddities will be miniscule' either. Easy to applaud it when it doesn't affect you though (assuming you don't declare wages in excess of £44k). This is going to piss off a lot of Conservative voters actually, so in a way I applaud Cameron for being brave.

I don't actually believe this will save £1b btw.

Who knows?

While some will jump on this as the big Tory political plan behind the cuts, it is allowing a real good shake up of spending that has been long overdue.

Most governments shy away from this sort of thing because it is not popular and nobody wants to grasp the nettle, however I think out of these cuts will evolve a much leaner government more suited to the needs of today, not yesteryear.

Getting rid of stupid handouts, sorting out welfare, defence etc should put us in a far better position to spend money in the right way and in the right areas.

Less tanks, better schools etc.

IDS launching the single benefit now on TV

New enterprise allowance announced.

Upto £2000 worth of help for anyone who has been in employment for 6 months who now wants to start their own business.

Exactly what Thatcher offered. My dad started a mobile vhs hire business when she was touting it.

Nowhere near enough to start a business of course, so it generates loans for the banks.....and defaults further down the line when 4 out of 5 of them fail.

Edited by Happy Face

It's not even cash they're offering, it seems to be 2000 quid's worth of mentoring and 'assistance'. I'm not sure who will be doing this mentoring but anyone reasonably decent couldn't offer much for 2k.

New enterprise allowance announced.

Upto £2000 worth of help for anyone who has been in *employment for 6 months who now wants to start their own business.

Exactly what Thatcher offered. My dad started a mobile vhs hire business when she was touting it.

Nowhere near enough to start a business of course, so it generates loans for the banks.....and defaults further down the line when 4 out of 5 of them fail.

The internet has brought the cost of starting a business right down.

*unemployed

It's not even cash they're offering, it seems to be 2000 quid's worth of mentoring and 'assistance'. I'm not sure who will be doing this mentoring but anyone reasonably decent couldn't offer much for 2k.

Handing out cash is what got us into this mess.

Lets look at the facts.

I can see this being really painful for single-earning familes with several kids tbh, I don't think the 'oddities will be miniscule' either. Easy to applaud it when it doesn't affect you though (assuming you don't declare wages in excess of £44k). This is going to piss off a lot of Conservative voters actually, so in a way I applaud Cameron for being brave.

You absolute tit, it only effects people paying higher rate tax!!!!!

Yes you have a legal eagle wife and a cushy public sector job so some "poor bint" on plus £45,000 will probably seem hard done by to you :icon_lol:

Go and tell your little sob story to the majority who are on piss poor wages and see how much sympathy you get. Fucking astounding!

Cameron could get up tomorrow and announce he had cured cancer and your response would simply be "What about the blind, he's done fuck all for the blind.

You are an absolute tool of the highest order :(

Lets look at the facts.

Yes you have a legal eagle wife and a cushy public sector job so some "poor bint" on plus £45,000 will probably seem hard done by to you :icon_lol:

Go and tell your little sob story to the majority who are on piss poor wages and see how much sympathy you get. Fucking astounding!

Cameron could get up tomorrow and announce he had cured cancer and your response would simply be "What about the blind, he's done fuck all for the blind.

You are an absolute tool of the highest order :(

Chomp chompity chomp.

Chomp chomp.

Lets look at the facts.

You are an absolute tool of the highest order :icon_lol:

Chomp chompity chomp.

Chomp chomp.

If only it was that simple..... He actually believes what he says :( as his post over the last two years show.

Theres lots of people posting on here with kids whether young and old and its a shame you cant discuss some of the topics of the day without everything derailling into the big bad tory thread. He's like the leazes / Skidmark of politics.

I'm going to have one more go at explaining my position on this. Under the proposal someone paying the top rate of tax with a dependant wife and two dependant children will be paying exactly the same rate of tax as somebody with no wife and dependant children.

It has always been the case up til now that either by extra allowances or by child benefit the government has supported to some extent people with the responsibilty of families. If we are all in this together the fair thing is not to end this traditional support for tory family values, but to expect ALL of those who earn the high rate of tax to pay more in tax, not just those supporting families.

I'm not saying these high rate earners shouldnt be paying an exra 90 quid a week in tax -I am saying they all should -