Politics

Christmas Tree

I think the only ones who need fear under this government are the benefit system players and those responsible for waste in the public sector.

The suggestion there to me is that the only people who will lose their jobs are those repsonsible for public sector waste? If that's what you mean it's quite obnoxious tbh.

There are quite a few older wiser members on here who are not as entrenched in their views.

You being one of them, I assume? You, who has admitted on this thread that you were a 'dyed in the wool tory', danced around like a child when the tories 'won' the election, and now thinks Cameron is the best PM in modern history after less than 6 months of office? I find your lack or self awareness utterly bizarre. I know my beliefs and allegiances, I don't hide it. I am aware that I will find it hard to judge Cameron fairly. You, however, seem to really believe you can judge 'Red Ed' fairly (the use of that perjorative tabloid name itself is a giveaway to your political intellect btw). Staggering.

P.S. I read the Times occasionally, not the Guardian, which incidentally did not support Labour in any case.

Once again you try and cherry pick part sentences to attempt to twist their meaning....Now thats obnoxious :( The full quote was...

"Putting aside the cuts, which are unavoidable, I think the only ones who need fear under this government are the benefit system players and those responsible for waste in the public sector".

The bit you chose to chop off clearly puts to one side the people who will lose jobs because of cuts.

With regard to your second paragraph of dribble you simply dont get it. :icon_lol: I can appreciate good policy whether it comes from Labour, Liberals or Conservative. I can happily get into a debate about policy and discuss the pros and cons. Sometimes someone closer involved with the issue will make good valid points and sway the argument.

You however seem unable to do this. You are like Polly Toynbee on steroids. You are constantly on the attack. As I said earlier if Cameron cured cancer you wouldnt say well done, you would whine about what he hadnt done.

Tis only the beginning.

This is the gentle slap, preparing the ground for the almighty kick in the jewels to come.

" Look, we've even targeted our own support, so the plebs can't complain"

This is the crux of the debate on here.

There are those that simply think this is the nasty evil tory party out to fuck people over. the majority on here

Then there are those who think the Tories under Cameron are a pretty decent lot and are really trying to get the country sorted out.you

Neither side will convince the other.

However anyone who heard Ian Duncan Smiths's speech today cant help but have been moved by his unyielding honesty and desire to sort out the welfare system.

Putting aside the cuts, which are unavoidable, I think the only ones who need fear under this government are the benefit system players and those responsible for waste in the public sector.yeah, lets put aside the cuts eh, then everythings rosy.

ffs man, its all about the cuts :icon_lol:

The cuts were going to come whoever was in power. Even Red Ed is saying that he would have simply delayed them for a few years. Can you imagine Labour after 3 years in power and on the run in to a general election suddenly deciding the time was right to take the right action. Ofcourse not, they would have simply fudged and put it off again, all the while dragging the country even further down the shitter.

From a political point of view, the only time any party in power could take this action is at the start of their term in office. This at least gives that party the chance to reap the benefit of the action taken.

The fact that the "majority" on here are anti tory is meaningless tbf. There are quite a few young uns, who know little of the world, quite a few of the Guardian brigade like Renton and others like NJS, Alex and possible yourself who have and always will hate the Tories.

There are quite a few older wiser members on here who are not as entrenched in their views.

Patronised by a cabby, oh me oh my :icon_lol:

So, since you are old, wise and not at all entrenched in your views, you'll admit that Normal Dave lied outright when they said before the election they would not touch child benefit

The best PM of your lifetime is a dirty fibber :(

Correct?

Im not sure he did say that?

I do however remember him saying their would be cuts and that the exact cuts would be worked out when they took over from Labour.

Think the Tories were the only honest party about cuts at the election.

Ffs sake man, keep up.

He's your dreamboat.

"David Cameron was forced today to apologise to voters for breaking an election promise with his decision to withdraw child benefit from 1.2 million higher-rate taxpayers.

On a day of jitters and policy wobbles in the Conservative high command, the prime minister acknowledged the decision – announced on Monday by the chancellor, George Osborne – had led to a storm of criticism from those claiming that the axing of child benefit had damaged the party's commitment to family values and undermined the universalist base of the welfare state, something he had promised to preserve in the election."

http://m.guardian.co.uk/?id=102202&sto...ild-benefit-cut

There was a thread on here a short while ago where someone was going on about being torn between their ideological belief in a NHS and using the services of BUPA, they ended up using BUPA.

Wasn't me like, never used BUPA in my life and don't intend to start. I've used the NHS loads and have never had fault with it.

I remember NJS saying he'd refused to take his work's coverage with BUPA and amazed he was criticised for that.

Cool. I'm lucky in that I have not suffered any malady in my time but people I know who have received treatment from the NHS have been pleasantly surprised with the standard of care, mainly because of the hammering the NHS takes in the media.

Tis only the beginning.

This is the gentle slap, preparing the ground for the almighty kick in the jewels to come.

" Look, we've even targeted our own support, so the plebs can't complain"

This is the crux of the debate on here.

There are those that simply think this is the nasty evil tory party out to fuck people over. the majority on here

Then there are those who think the Tories under Cameron are a pretty decent lot and are really trying to get the country sorted out.you

Neither side will convince the other.

However anyone who heard Ian Duncan Smiths's speech today cant help but have been moved by his unyielding honesty and desire to sort out the welfare system.

Putting aside the cuts, which are unavoidable, I think the only ones who need fear under this government are the benefit system players and those responsible for waste in the public sector.yeah, lets put aside the cuts eh, then everythings rosy.

ffs man, its all about the cuts :icon_lol:

The cuts were going to come whoever was in power. Even Red Ed is saying that he would have simply delayed them for a few years. Can you imagine Labour after 3 years in power and on the run in to a general election suddenly deciding the time was right to take the right action. Ofcourse not, they would have simply fudged and put it off again, all the while dragging the country even further down the shitter.

From a political point of view, the only time any party in power could take this action is at the start of their term in office. This at least gives that party the chance to reap the benefit of the action taken.

The fact that the "majority" on here are anti tory is meaningless tbf. There are quite a few young uns, who know little of the world, quite a few of the Guardian brigade like Renton and others like NJS, Alex and possible yourself who have and always will hate the Tories.

Patronised by a cabby, oh me oh my :icon_lol:

So, since you are old, wise and not at all entrenched in your views, you'll admit that Normal Dave lied outright when they said before the election they would not touch child benefit

The best PM of your lifetime is a dirty fibber :(

Correct?

Im not sure he did say that?

I do however remember him saying their would be cuts and that the exact cuts would be worked out when they took over from Labour.

Think the Tories were the only honest party about cuts at the election.

Ffs sake man, keep up.

He's your dreamboat.

"David Cameron was forced today to apologise to voters for breaking an election promise with his decision to withdraw child benefit from 1.2 million higher-rate taxpayers.

On a day of jitters and policy wobbles in the Conservative high command, the prime minister acknowledged the decision – announced on Monday by the chancellor, George Osborne – had led to a storm of criticism from those claiming that the axing of child benefit had damaged the party's commitment to family values and undermined the universalist base of the welfare state, something he had promised to preserve in the election."

http://m.guardian.co.uk/?id=102202&sto...ild-benefit-cut

I can see the Guardian are implying it :icon_lol: and I'm happy to be corrected, but you said Cameron said he wouldnt cut Child Benefit. I simply dont recall him saying it.

Out of interest, do you think its agood step in the right direction or that it should have been left as universal?

I don't know CT but I can say in his defence that it is quite possible to clear 70k / annum driving a private cab if you do journeys with a happy ending.

Since the economy went south three years ago and like a lot of jobs, there is sweet fa to be made taxi'ing.

Without adding to the quote pyramid CT, as I said earlier in the thread, I think this was meant to be his "look,aren't we playing fair" card before he proceeds to rape those who are already on their knees.

By the looks if it, backfired spectacularly.

I think the only ones who need fear under this government are the benefit system players and those responsible for waste in the public sector.

The suggestion there to me is that the only people who will lose their jobs are those repsonsible for public sector waste? If that's what you mean it's quite obnoxious tbh.

You being one of them, I assume? You, who has admitted on this thread that you were a 'dyed in the wool tory', danced around like a child when the tories 'won' the election, and now thinks Cameron is the best PM in modern history after less than 6 months of office? I find your lack or self awareness utterly bizarre. I know my beliefs and allegiances, I don't hide it. I am aware that I will find it hard to judge Cameron fairly. You, however, seem to really believe you can judge 'Red Ed' fairly (the use of that perjorative tabloid name itself is a giveaway to your political intellect btw). Staggering.

P.S. I read the Times occasionally, not the Guardian, which incidentally did not support Labour in any case.

Once again you try and cherry pick part sentences to attempt to twist their meaning....Now thats obnoxious :icon_lol: The full quote was...

"Putting aside the cuts, which are unavoidable, I think the only ones who need fear under this government are the benefit system players and those responsible for waste in the public sector".

The bit you chose to chop off clearly puts to one side the people who will lose jobs because of cuts.

With regard to your second paragraph of dribble you simply dont get it. :icon_lol: I can appreciate good policy whether it comes from Labour, Liberals or Conservative. I can happily get into a debate about policy and discuss the pros and cons. Sometimes someone closer involved with the issue will make good valid points and sway the argument.

You however seem unable to do this. You are like Polly Toynbee on steroids. You are constantly on the attack. As I said earlier if Cameron cured cancer you wouldnt say well done, you would whine about what he hadnt done.

I assumed by cuts you meant cuts in services and benefits, not jobs - that's why I asked for clarification. If you mean that no one has anything to fear from this government apart from the unavoidable loss of their job, then fair enough, what an odd way to phrase it though, and it means that most people do have a lot to fear, doesn't it?

You're guilty of all the things you accuse me off, you just can't see it. As for me constantly being on the attack, half the time you just take it that I am when I'm not, for instance this business about child benefit. I've said I'm not fundamentally opposed to universal benefits being scrapped, I just think the way the tories have applied it is wrong in this case and will cause problems. It's not just me who thinks this though, have a read of just about any media article you want, it's a cock up. Yet you flew off the handle and got personal for no reason.

As for your cancer analogy, it wasn't funny the first time. I could retort that you probably believe Cameron will cure cancer the way you go on about him. That wouldn't be funny either though. :(

Without adding to the quote pyramid CT, as I said earlier in the thread, I think this was meant to be his "look,aren't we playing fair" card before he proceeds to rape those who are already on their knees.

And do you think it was a step in the righ direction or it should have been left universal?

BTW Tomorrows yougov poll claims 83% of the public agree with the child benefit change, 86% agree with the £500 benefit cap and the conservatives are at 43% in the polls.

I dont disagree that it was launched poorly.

Don't know what sort of pyramids you're used to.

Prefer to think of them more like Razzle 'stacks' anyway. Particularly when they contain a bunch of quims arguing with each other. No names mentioned.

Don't know what sort of pyramids you're used to.

Prefer to think of them more like Razzle 'stacks' anyway. Particularly when they contain a bunch of quims arguing with each other. No names mentioned.

:(

"Who is that Masked Quim?"

And CT, is it a step in the right direction?

Two answers ;

1) to getting rid of the Torys, yes, carry on Dave. We're well overdue a civil war.

2) as a point of principle, no.

Japan stimulus to inject $60bn into flagging economy

The Japanese cabinet has approved a plan to pump more than $60bn (£38bn) into the country's struggling economy.

The aim of the plan - which still needs approval from parliament - is to boost growth, jobs and spending.

Despite the additional spending measures in the supplementary budget, Mr Kan has made clear that Japan must cut its budget deficit in the medium term.

Japanese government debt has risen to about twice the size of its economy during the last two decades of poor growth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11498607

Look and learn Osborne.

Edited by Happy Face

Japan stimulus to inject $60bn into flagging economy

The Japanese cabinet has approved a plan to pump more than $60bn (£38bn) into the country's struggling economy.

The aim of the plan - which still needs approval from parliament - is to boost growth, jobs and spending.

Despite the additional spending measures in the supplementary budget, Mr Kan has made clear that Japan must cut its budget deficit in the medium term.

Japanese government debt has risen to about twice the size of its economy during the last two decades of poor growth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11498607

Look and learn Osborne.

Totally different set of problems to us and their economy has been in deflation for over 20 years.

Also, we've already had stimulus billions thrown into the economy, you cant just keep doing it.

Finally, a lot of commentators in the US reckon the 500+ billion stimulus they did made very little differnce.

The problem with QE was that the money was sucked up by the banks - I'd liked to have seen it invested more directly in the economy, cutting out the middle man - things like extending the car scrappage scheme to all household goods etc.

Looks like the issue of tuition fees are going to be the first major test for the coalition.

The Lib Dems are going to end up looking like tits on this one.

I wonder what odds you can get on Cable doing himself in?

I know its wishful thinking but you just wish the three parties could get together and iron out some of these biggie issues that everyone knows needs sorting out. Fucks sake it could all be done and dusted in a fortn ight if it wasnt for all the fucking carry on.

Should do an x factor version of politics so we can just vote for the best policy.

Like today, all three party leaders were briefed on the Lord Browne report, comissioned by labour, however whats the bet that rather than common sense and all parties agreeing on the "right" way forward, party polotics gets in the way.

Libs fucking stupid for signing upto the NUS pr stunt but I guess you can do all those sort of things when you dont expect to be in power.