Johnny "Bastard" Heitinga

Ayatollah Hermione

Everton's Dutch international defender Johnny Heitinga may opt to sign for Newcastle United rather than face a relegation struggle with West Ham.
That's the fear at Upton Park, where Sam Allardyce's side has been ravaged by injuries to key defenders. The Hammers boss has already admitted that he has missed out on more than half of his transfer targets - but he was convinced he had landed Heitinga.
Allardyce virtually announced that he was about to sign Heitinga to relieve his under-pressure team which has now run out of defenders as well as goalscorers.
But BT Sport can reveal that, just as the transfer window opens for business, Heitinga is threatening a U-turn and switching to the north east instead of joining the east London club as planned.
The unhappy Hammers already have a deluge of injuries, mostly concentrated at centre half, with James Tomkins and James Collins both ruled out.
Allardyce said only 48 hours ago that a deal for the 30-year-old Dutch international could be completed soon, but they are now fighting other clubs - including Roma and Newcastle - for his signature.
Yet Allardyce was confident the defender was heading to Upton Park when he said: "We've had the OK from Everton and we're talking to his agent at the moment so hopefully that will happen in the next day or so."
Heitinga has not played in the Premier League for Everton this season, and manager Roberto Martinez has agreed to release him.
Martinez would ideally like Heitinga to stay on, but he has expressed hope of helping the Dutchman find a fresh start in a World Cup year.
The Toffees signed him from Atletico Madrid for £7million in 2009, but he is available for a knock-down price, or as a loan transfer.
Roma have also been linked with a move for Heitinga, but interest from Newcastle United has come out of leftfield.
A West Ham insider told BT Sport on Tuesday: “It looks like Heitinga has ducked on us and, we think, decided to go to Newcastle.”
Heitinga is keen to secure regular first-team football to boost his chances of being named in the Dutch squad, and indicated he was interested in West Ham, which raised Allardyce’s hopes.
"I am flattered with the interest of West Ham," he told Voetbal International.
"Since this week the market is open and it's clear that I have to make an important decision.
"The chance of playing more minutes is the most important. I want to be at the World Cup and, to realise that, I have to play. Only then can I make it difficult for [Netherlands coach] Louis van Gaal.
Now, I've seen Johnny Heitinga in a race and this must be the slowest chase ever. Not convinced by this tbh but getting him for 6 month on loan wouldn't be the worst option.

@MsiDouglas: Talk of Heitinga moving to #nufc being played down by sources in N. East. Interesting one: day 2 of transfer window & there's already a buzz

I was under the impression that Heitinga wasn't actually very good. Otherwise why would Martinez not be playing him. I've also heard many Everton fans complain about him in the past. Perhaps it's just cover until the end of the season given that Colo is out for a while?

We've got 4 better CBs already. We also have 4 CMs battling for a starting spot.

Why the fuck are the first 2 players we've shown an interest in a CB and a CM?

Apparently a striker isn't a priority either. He's honestly been hoodwinked by that 3 week period where Shola was playing well.

We've got 4 better CBs already. We also have 4 CMs battling for a starting spot.

There were some rumblings about Taylor being away...

Because theyre available :good:

This stuff is almost certainly being pumped out by the players' agents....we don't realy talk about specific players, some even arrive out of the blue..

I'm fairly sure we leak the names of players so when we buy none we can pretend we tried

This link has come from the West Ham end. He's turned down a move there and As above - David Sullivan's son reckons because it's on his way here.

He wouldn't be bad cover on a free but I think we need to think about other positions first.

Because theyre available :good:

This stuff is almost certainly being pumped out by the players' agents....we don't realy talk about specific players, some even arrive out of the blue..

but Everton play in Blue... :o

I'm fairly sure we leak the names of players so when we buy none we can pretend we tried

Why do that when the agents are more than willing to put a players name out there? The "buzz" is just agents bullshit iyam. Who at the club is feeding journos stories this month? they've fuckin banned most of them :lol:

Heitinga to us is logical and feasible for the player, his agent and Everton, all it needs is running up a flagpole on the first day of the transfer window to see if Newcastle (or any other club) will come marching in to save his season so he could possibly kick the shit out some other players at another world cup, jobs a good un, trebles all round.

Don't think we'll sign him tbh, think we'll probably have another go at badboy Tomkins, someone here likes that lad very much...

This link has come from the West Ham end. He's turned down a move there and As above - David Sullivan's son reckons because it's on his way here.

He wouldn't be bad cover on a free but I think we need to think about other positions first.

Negotiating tool from the player's agent?

Am I right in saying that West Ham is one of a number of clubs pretty much run by agents now, and Sullivans son is basically one of them?....bit like Shep, Kenny Shep & Paul Stretford here a decade ago?..