Living room colour scheme

Christmas Tree

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creams and browns with purple/berry accent colours. Maybe a feature wall in the berry colour second from the right.

Not the lilac or pink - And the darker colours are too severe.

Creams and browns with purple/berry accent colours. Maybe a feature wall in the berry colour second from the right.

This from the woman with a bag splattered with strawberrys :razz:

Think thats pretty much where Im at (particularly having seen some hideous lilac rooms on google)

15-LilacRoom.jpg

Thing is we've had years of magnolia etc so convincing her to have another cream etc will be tough.

Think thats pretty much where Im at (particularly having seen some hideous lilac rooms on google)

15-LilacRoom.jpg

Thing is we've had years of magnolia etc so convincing her to have another cream etc will be tough.

Then choose a hessian or coffee colour for 3 of the walls but if you use a darker colour for them all it'll look like a cave.

MF - shert the ferk erp! My bag is lush and amazingly - Not Purple :razz:

That's nothing to be ashamed of.

The houses I have been looking at are not really where I want to be living and aren't where I could have afforded to buy had i been 20 years older than I am in the exact same job.

It's out of your control and all you can do is keep chipping away at what your doing. Our generation has been screwed over a bit, thats not your fault.

Thanks, man :good:

I reckon maybe in the next 3-5 years. We'll get there someday.

My brother is 34 and still at home - he's never paid a bill in his life. He also drives my mam & dad's 2nd car and claims he can't afford a place of his own.

I'm a single mother, not a penny in maintenance or benefits, who works part-time (albeit only 6hrs a week off full-time) in the same job as him who manages to have my own place. He's spoiled beyond imagination with not a responsibility in the world!

My brother is 34 and still at home - he's never paid a bill in his life. He also drives my mam & dad's 2nd car and claims he can't afford a place of his own.

I'm a single mother, not a penny in maintenance or benefits, who works part-time (albeit only 6hrs a week off full-time) in the same job as him who manages to have my own place. He's spoiled beyond imagination with not a responsibility in the world!

Where does he spend his money?

For what it's worth, I don't live at home. Most of my money goes on rent and bills. And the car.

Where does he spend his money?

For what it's worth, I don't live at home. Most of my money goes on rent and bills. And the car.

He doesn't really - not on anything extravagant anyway. He pays board, puts petrol in the car, goes out a couple of times a week and travels round the country every few weeks playing ice-hockey. He's probably got enough savings for a deposit on a house!

We bought a house where every single wall is white and haven't yet felt the need to do any decoration. I know we should put our own stamp on it.. but really, I like white and I'm not particularly creative.

Depends a lot on your furniture and floor colour really. I haven't decorated the living room since I moved 10 years ago, but planning to move this year so no point now.

Good luck Rayvin. What area would you want to buy in (you're NE aren't you)?

Depends a lot on your furniture and floor colour really. I haven't decorated the living room since I moved 10 years ago, but planning to move this year so no point now.

Good luck Rayvin. What area would you want to buy in (you're NE aren't you)?

Yep - and to be honest I'm not sure. I live on the Quayside currently and I wouldn't really mind just buying one of the apartments there; in the £150-170k territory though, which is about £30k beyond me currently and therefore not really worth thinking about.

On the other hand, I was looking at some new builds in Fawdon which are about £100-120k, which seems like a more sensible option; just further out though. I also understand Ouseburn is being redeveloped for houses, but I'm not sure I can wait that long. I'm not sure in fairness, my partner is currently part time while she completes a course of her own and until she's back up to full time we're unlikely to be able to do anything.

Yep - and to be honest I'm not sure. I live on the Quayside currently and I wouldn't really mind just buying one of the apartments there; in the £150-170k territory though, which is about £30k beyond me currently and therefore not really worth thinking about.

On the other hand, I was looking at some new builds in Fawdon which are about £100-120k, which seems like a more sensible option; just further out though. I also understand Ouseburn is being redeveloped for houses, but I'm not sure I can wait that long. I'm not sure in fairness, my partner is currently part time while she completes a course of her own and until she's back up to full time we're unlikely to be able to do anything.

Problem is, the bubble is expanding again, and that 30k shortfall might soon be twice that.

As for CT reckoning most people should be on the housing ladder in their 20s, that's just showing complete ignorance to the present day reality. The average age of a first time buyer is now late 30s, early 40s. Housing is fucked in this country.

Problem is, the bubble is expanding again, and that 30k shortfall might soon be twice that.

As for CT reckoning most people should be on the housing ladder in their 20s, that's just showing complete ignorance to the present day reality. The average age of a first time buyer is now late 30s, early 40s. Housing is fucked in this country.

So true...

It is what it is. Just gotta keep trying :good:

Like the credit boom these are all short term fixes (inc the monetising of housing) for a system that is creaking under the stress of not supporting manufacturing which was a wholly political decision back in the day.

You want to get a move on! This recovery is only going to lead to interest rates returning to normal levels soon. Get a good long fixed rate while you can. New build means help with deposit as well.

You want to get a move on! This recovery is only going to lead to interest rates returning to normal levels soon. Get a good long fixed rate while you can. New build means help with deposit as well.

Jeez, you guys are making me worry now... I guess I'll start looking at it more seriously again. Thanks for the tips.

:lol: That'll be right.

Leaving the UK is a fair idea mind you, I've nothing holding me here (in terms of kids) and I reckon my g/f would move. Gah I'm gonna spend all weekend wondering about this now..!!