Angry Oscar.

Park Life

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I can discern shot A (the first shot hit her in the hip). That caused her to fall back against the magazine rack. I'm no expert but when you are hit by a bullet or shocked and fall you make involuntary noises...She would have made little woman like noises or gasps or something...Might be they are going to show HE HEARD HER GASP or something or cry out momentarily in pain....

Whichever way you look at it, blasting away at a perceived intruder through a shut door without giving a warning or establishing if the person is of lethal danger to oneself is illegal in South Africa and he knows that. You are only allowed to use lethal force if you think your life is in immediate danger.

All of that aside, what kind of psycho uses bullets that do that anyway? I wasn't sure if he's guilty, and I'm still not, but he deserves to be put away for using bullets that shred people's innards... No wonder he's fucking throwing up everywhere looking at what it did to her face...

I thought they were banned under international law anyway - dum-dum/hollowpoint bullets isn't it?

All of that aside, what kind of psycho uses bullets that do that anyway? I wasn't sure if he's guilty, and I'm still not, but he deserves to be put away for using bullets that shred people's innards... No wonder he's fucking throwing up everywhere looking at what it did to her face...

I thought they were banned under international law anyway - dum-dum/hollowpoint bullets isn't it?

The 'black tallon' bullets...

"Unfurling and mushrooming as they smash into a soft target, hollow-point bullets are intended to cause maximum damage in human tissue. They are banned in international warfare and in many countries, states and cities.

And on Valentine’s Day last year, four unusual hollow-point bullets were fired by Oscar Pistorius from his 9mm pistol, inflicting horrific, fatal injuries on his former girlfriend, Reeva Steen-kamp, according to testimony at his murder trial on Monday."

They are not illegal in South Africa, but are far from common here, although U.S. police forces often use them. Expanding bullets, sometimes known as “dum-dum” bullets, were banned from use in international warfare under the Hague Convention of 1899."

It was pretty moving when the ballistics bloke demonstrated how Reeva was in a defensive position with her arms across her chest and over her head as the last bullet impacted her skull through her two middle fingers...

It is categorically illegal to use lethal force against an unseen threat where it is impossible to judge if they are an immediate lethal threat.

Edited by Park Life

The 'black tallon' bullets...

"Unfurling and mushrooming as they smash into a soft target, hollow-point bullets are intended to cause maximum damage in human tissue. They are banned in international warfare and in many countries, states and cities.

And on Valentine’s Day last year, four unusual hollow-point bullets were fired by Oscar Pistorius from his 9mm pistol, inflicting horrific, fatal injuries on his former girlfriend, Reeva Steen-kamp, according to testimony at his murder trial on Monday."

They are not illegal in South Africa, but are far from common here, although U.S. police forces often use them. Expanding bullets, sometimes known as “dum-dum” bullets, were banned from use in international warfare under the Hague Convention of 1899."

It was pretty moving when the ballistics bloke demonstrated how Reeva was in a defensive position with her arms across her chest and over her head as the last bullet impacted her skull through her two middle fingers...

It is categorically illegal to use lethal force against an unseen threat where it is impossible to judge if they are an immediate lethal threat.

The last bit - so he is guilty based on that?

The last bit - so he is guilty based on that?

If the letter of the law is applied then he is yes. But I have little faith in this weird system with just the judge deciding and witnesses speaking various levels of shaky English: The frightening moments of misunderstanding in the two and fro of cross examination. Not up on SA law but if there isn't enough evidence for per-meditated murder than surely it will be manslaughter? Things will be clearer when this muppet takes the stand and the prosecution brings the 'A' game...We'll see how forceful they are and that will reveal what they think they can get.

On another detail it is his testimony that on the way to the toilet he shouted out for Reeva to call the police...The time between this and the shots being fired was maybe 5 seconds. Why didn't she shout out from the toilet that she was in there when she heard his panicky voice??

Sometimes when you're really straining for a shit, the pressure sort of turns you temporarily deaf. Which would form the basis of my defence against your point.

Nice try though.

I would love to know if that's ever been used in legal defence of anything... :lol:

Sometimes when you're really straining for a shit, the pressure sort of turns you temporarily deaf. Which would form the basis of my defence against your point.

Nice try though.

:lol:

In any case, i'm sure the family of reeva can rely on judge thokozile mazumbo to give her sole opinion on the correctly applied law.

I think she'll probably want to play it right. The whole world is watching...

In any case, i'm sure the family of reeva can rely on judge thokozile mazumbo to give her sole opinion on the correctly applied law.

Firstly, her name is Thokozile Masipa and the judgement is taken by 3 people - she is the appointed judge and has 2 assistants that assess the evidence with her.