Florida suggestions please

catmag

The Mummy was incredible. Never been on a ride like it.

I liked the Spiderman and Dragon Challenge (we were in the front) rides, Simpsons was alright but hasn't it replaced Back to the Future?

Aye, spiderman and the dragons are in islands of adventure. Separate park to universal studios. Loved both of those too.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The beauty of staying with friends is that I will be sneaking out with one or the other of them for the odd evening, so thanks ;)

Plus, the first thing the man of the house said was "Of course you can come and stay. It'll be nice to have someone to watch the footy with for once!"

He's a Man Utd fan :glare:

Tell him to shove franchise fc up his arse. Does he live in the Panhandle?...

Tell him to shove franchise fc up his arse. Does he live in the Panhandle?...

No, he's a fireman/paramedic from Glossop who now lives in Tampa.

But I'll send your regards :D

Other than the theme parks (go to as many as you can, he'll never forget it) Wet and Wild is well worth a visit, if it's still going. Pales in comparison to North Shields' effort, of course. Think there's another water park in Tampa, but the name escapes me. Absolutely loved them when I went as a nipper.

Edit: It's called Adventure Island.

Edited by Inochi

Get to Ybor city - you can ride the tram out of Tampa there (it's not a city like we'd know it) and go see a load of cigar shops, tattoo parlours and a pretty decent ice cream cafe.

she can get ice cream from minchellas man. needs to go to Epcot for Soarin'

;)

I went to a strip club in Cocoa Beach at lunch time. You could smell the strippers sweaty undercarriage just sitting by the stage, straight up.

Don't do that

:lol:

I went to a strip club in Cocoa Beach at lunch time. You could smell the strippers sweaty undercarriage just sitting by the stage, straight up.

Don't do that

:D

Details please

I'm supposed to be taking my brood in a couple of years.

Need a Dads night.

If you are anywhere near it go to Miller's Orlando Ale House for dinner.

Disneyland will be disappointing.

Boggy Creek is pretty cool.

Fucking hell, thanks KCG :lol:

Fucking hell, thanks KCG :lol:

Sorry Cath but it is a bit shit now. Fast pass for a maximum of 3 rides. Only very minor characters now available at street meets, it is all geared towards the shops where you are herded from one to another.

We thought it was shit.

Aye, the rides at Magic Kingdom were unmitigated horseshit from start to finish. Girls might like the castle and doing the princess bit, but for a little lad, there's nothing impressive in this day and age about the teacups, the merry go round, Swiss Family Robinson's tree, Pirates of The Carribean (fifties style) or the race track where you're stuck on rails. The only bit that might impress a small boy would be Tomorrowland with the Buzz Lightyear and Monster's Inc stuff but those aren't thrill rides at all.

That said, they're currently rebuilding Tomorrowland and the expectation is that they are going to hammer the Star Wars franchise they paid billions for, so those new rides could be excellent for a lad, if they're done in time for you going.

We also saw Terri Hatcher when we were there, Bosh!

Let's just all piss on Catmags chips now she's booked up. :lol:

Not at all. If we go to the Magic Kingdom it'll be primarily for the fireworks and parade anyway. Sounds like there's more than enough other stuff to keep us entertained, and it's not going to be all theme park stuff anyway. Like I said, all advice welcome.

Not at all. If we go to the Magic Kingdom it'll be primarily for the fireworks and parade anyway. Sounds like there's more than enough other stuff to keep us entertained, and it's not going to be all theme park stuff anyway. Like I said, all advice welcome.

In that case I concur, Disney is a big disappointment, IF, you've already been to Paris. Imo they cherry picked the good stuff for the one park in Paris and in Florida you have quite a few Disney parks each with a few good rides and lots of fillers.

We,ve been three times and each time done less Disney. Last time we only did Typhoon lagoon .

It's worth getting some advice on Busch Gardens as its a lot closer to where you are staying.

I still pretty much guarantee that not much will beat sitting in the splash zone during the Shamu show.