Apple Music

ChezGiven

Spoitfy is utter shit in comparison. I listen to around 40 to 60 hours of music a week. This month i've spent 200 euros on vinyl already and listen to my mp3 all day when working at home. Apple music shits on everything else. The For You section just keeps suggesting stuff i didnt realise i really wanted to listen to.

Currently listening to The Avalanches Since I left You. Beautiful.

:lol:

You should have established your impressive music listening/purchasing credentials up front, THEN condemned Spotify as shit. As it is, I can't take this seriously.

:lol: Just establishing my superior point of view to you, obviously.

Spotify is wank in comparison. If you listen to loads of music, Apple music is great. If HF's consumer needs were being met, he wouldnt be doing the trial.

:D Being fair and trying other things before commenting on them is shit.

Can see you walking around waitrose when they're offering free tasters of pork pie and stopping the wifey before she says a word. "Don't even bother. I had an entirely serviceable pork pie on Thursday and that will do me from now on"

Fair enough but going through the hassle of trying something else designed for another platform just suggested you weren't exactly 100% satisfied. I don't think being offered free tasters of pork in a supermarket in any way shape or form has any comparable characteristics to a choice between music services but hey you've got form for that sort of nonsense ;)

You have to go to new and playlists, in France i have curated playlists from Colette, Digster, FILTR, Shazam, Pitchfork, DJ mag, Resident Advisor, VICE, Rolling Stone US, NME, Mojo, Q Mag, XL recordings, Domino Records, Young Turks. Some of them are shit obviously.

There are however hundreds of lists in each section, the Resident Advisor and Pitchfork ones are super lush. All the recommends and best new tracks already in a playlist.

Haven't tried it properly, just from looking at the genre tags, it seemed lacking in there. I just love categorising music into sub-genres of genres because I'm a sad act. I'm getting one of those new Amazon Fire tablets soon so I'll give it a go. I'm enjoying Deezer a lot though; seems to have more choice than Spotify and the library has no limit. Agree that Spotify is getting left behind.

Fair enough but going through the hassle of trying something else designed for another platform just suggested you weren't exactly 100% satisfied. I don't think being offered free tasters of pork in a supermarket in any way shape or form has any comparable characteristics to a choice between music services but hey you've got form for that sort of nonsense ;)

I'm constantly trying new apps to see if they're better than the ones I have, no matter how good the existing ones are. It's the only way to ensure I have the best available for my needs, rather than going on blind faith that the company I like will never put a foot wrong.

truth-facts-funny-graphs-wumo-29.jpg

;)

Haven't tried it properly, just from looking at the genre tags, it seemed lacking in there. I just love categorising music into sub-genres of genres because I'm a sad act. I'm getting one of those new Amazon Fire tablets soon so I'll give it a go. I'm enjoying Deezer a lot though; seems to have more choice than Spotify and the library has no limit. Agree that Spotify is getting left behind.

You can do all the sub-categorisation that you want with Apple. Its selling point is discover and re-discovery.

Its the curation that sets it apart. Gilles Peterson from Resident Advisor, guides to Ninja Tune, 1080p, DJ Sprinkles, Hyperdub, Nonplus etc.

You can do all the sub-categorisation that you want with Apple. Its selling point is discover and re-discovery.

Its the curation that sets it apart. Gilles Peterson from Resident Advisor, guides to Ninja Tune, 1080p, DJ Sprinkles, Hyperdub, Nonplus etc.

I couldn't find owt like that when I was playing about with it. I know it has curated playlists btw.

Thank you for your inquiry. Your blathering is important to us. Please standby, Chez Given, is currently with another forum. Chez, will be here momentarily to address your concerns regarding Apple products.

What do you think Spotify does to new users? i think you need to actually use the app before it starts to understand your taste. That's how these things work apparently.

I like the business Rents, share price and company valuation is miles higher than it was back in 2013 when you were claiming the business was finished because Jobs had died.

Like some but not all of the products. Big fan of the music app.

What do you think Spotify does to new users? i think you need to actually use the app before it starts to understand your taste. That's how these things work apparently.

I like the business Rents, share price and company valuation is miles higher than it was back in 2013 when you were claiming the business was finished because Jobs had died.

Like some but not all of the products. Big fan of the music app.

I should have pointed out there will be a 5 year lag after Jobs died before Apple's fucked. ;)

In all seriousness, I do think their products are increasingly less distinct. Not sure brand name alone will continue their dominance in the future.

Must admit one thing Apple excel in is tablets. Trying to find a decent sub 300 quid android tablet is a pain in the arse. I'm not buying my apps twice or suffering iTunes though.

• 1 year later...

Signed up for the free 3 month trial (yeah, my middle name is "early adopter" :D) and am frankly loving all the free music. Wondering if I cancel at the end of the trial will it all suddenly disappear into the ether? :unsure: 

6 hours ago, Happy Face said:

Aye.  It'll all go.

Apple don't have a free membership.  Spotify do.  You can listen to anything on a PC and you can shuffle any playlists on a mobile.  With Ads.

Thought I'd out foxed the powers that be at Cupertino by digging out my old ipod and doing a sync...pffft..... :glare: