E-Cigarettes / Vapourisers

Christmas Tree

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen that advert for e-tabs where the bloke is on a bus with a brown leather jacket on? Some lass falls asleep and her head drops onto his shoulder and the creepiest smile bursts onto his face. So, there you are. E-Cigarettes are categorically for rapists.

While researching this morning I saw this ad which brought a smile to my face :lol:

ad9888485255368640b8ba16e6667def.jpg

E-cigs don’t contain the same type of nicotine you might find in an ordinary tobacco leaf. They contain liquid nicotine, which can be lethal: doctors say a tablespoon of some e-liquids on the market would be enough to kill an adult; half a teaspoon could kill a child. And the worst part is, you don’t even need to ingest these liquids to end up in hospital. Mere skin contact with concentrated liquid nicotine is enough to cause symptoms of poisoning, such as dizziness, elevated blood pressure and seizures.

If you're taking your nicotine via teaspoon then you may be missing the point of the ecig.

E-cigs don’t contain the same type of nicotine you might find in an ordinary tobacco leaf. They contain liquid nicotine, which can be lethal: doctors say a tablespoon of some e-liquids on the market would be enough to kill an adult; half a teaspoon could kill a child. And the worst part is, you don’t even need to ingest these liquids to end up in hospital. Mere skin contact with concentrated liquid nicotine is enough to cause symptoms of poisoning, such as dizziness, elevated blood pressure and seizures.

I think on balance its the arsenic etc from fags that do the damage rather than the nicotine.

Simply one against one the fags gonna do you a lot more harm.

That said you're right about the liquid nicotine. The ones in tesco carry this warning.

"Toxic if swallowed. Very toxic if in contact with skin. Keep locked up and out or the reach of children. In case of accident or you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately".

I'm not sure how often the plastic fags break / leak.

:lol: You honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Doing proper research from medical journals and not the Daily Mail would be a good start.

I don't have the energy to correct how wrong you are, hopefully someone more argumentative than me will set you straight.

I don't blame the average bloke for not knowing the real story, so I'm not taking the piss out of you, I'm just amused and ornery.

If I was going to smoke it yes

:lol: But you were citing the dangers of drinking it or getting it on your skin. Except it's easier to get bleach out of the bottle. The only way I see anyone drinking it is if they break its container then lick it off whichever surface it ends up on, be that the floor or whatever. In which case I don't think it's the product that's the problem.

Also, your response above makes absolutely no sense :lol:

When you've seen a 16 stone man reduced down to 5 stone be totally incontinent unable to eat or drink being pumped full of morphine you will never convince me smoking/vaping of any kind is safe. If you think it is go ahead but you'll never convince me

When you've seen a 16 stone man reduced down to 5 stone be totally incontinent unable to eat or drink being pumped full of morphine you will never convince me smoking/vaping of any kind is safe. If you think it is go ahead but you'll never convince me

But the NHS prescribes liquid nicotine on prescription.

Look, don't give me that shit. Do you think you're the only person who's lost relatives to smoking-related diseases? I think I've got more who've died as a result of them than who've died from anything else. None of which is relevant to either my reply or whether or not vaping is safe / much safer than smoking / unsafe. It's best to keep emotion out of these sorts of debates as you appear to be demonstrating. I don't use these products, I might add. But if they save lives and save the NHS money then I certainly see no reason to ban them, quite the opposite. Few things, if anything, anyone does is completely 'safe. As for my relatives, I wish they'd fucking vaped instead, I know that.

Look, don't give me that shit. Do you think you're the only person who's lost relatives to smoking-related diseases? I think I've got more who've died as a result of them than who've died from anything else. None of which is relevant to either my reply or whether or not vaping is safe / much safer than smoking / unsafe. It's best to keep emotion out of these sorts of debates as you appear to be demonstrating. I don't use these products, I might add. But if they save lives and save the NHS money then I certainly see no reason to ban them, quite the opposite. Few things, if anything, anyone does is completely 'safe. As for my relatives, I wish they'd fucking vaped instead, I know that.

Don't give you that shit what do you mean the point I'm making is it's all poisonous (smoking or vaping) it does the body no good whatsoever

Don't give you that shit what do you mean the point I'm making is it's all poisonous (smoking or vaping) it does the body no good whatsoever

Your special pleading with the bit about knowing people who'd died in a horrible manner due to smoking. As though it's some sort of unique experience which affords you the role of an expert

Edited by Alex

I use a vape thing, it helped me stop smoking after 10 years. I feel infinitely better than when I was smoking, I no longer have coughing fits and I don't stink of tabs. I started going to the gym again recently and its miles easier to breath through my arse.

If we are banning things that may be bad for you then we may as well lock everyone in a padded cell.

Your special pleading with the bit about knowing people who'd died in a horrible manner due to smoking. As though it's some sort of unique experience which affords you the role of an expert

I didn't say I was anything special so you can sod off with that shit

My Sioux great great great grandfather, Running-Bull's-Knacker died of smoking. He set himself alight sending a signal to their lass saying he was stopping out for a couple more pints.

:lol: My great great Apache grandfather reckons they called yours Nonces With Kids and that he was actually set on fire by a gang of 7 year olds. Don't fire an arrow at the messenger.

:lol: My great great Apache grandfather reckons they called yours Nonces With Kids and that he was actually set on fire by a gang of 7 year olds. Don't fire an arrow at the messenger.

That isn't true, his first name was 'Two-Dog's-fucking' until he changed it by Totem-deed-pole when he was eighteen.

My Sioux great great great grandfather, Running-Bull's-Knacker died of smoking. He set himself alight sending a signal to their lass saying he was stopping out for a couple more pints.

:lol: Glad this thread is finally going in the right direction.