The games we have up to the New Year

Haydnator

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll still be in the bottom 3 with 4 points having said that I've predicted only 2 points for those games.

4 points at least. We should be going for 9: all of our next 3 games are very winnable but we all know we won't get 9 with this bloody club. And Janmaat injured? Champion. This season just gets better and better.

They are all substandard players and we'll get relegated if we persist with them at left back.

I don't think LB is so vital that playing an average player there will seal our fate one way or the other. Also don't think Ashley Cole is the solution. Much prefer Jetro WIllems, or his like.

We have to be on 26pts by Xmas. :lol:

Why?

We'll need c38pts to survive, right? We should be able to pick up 36 from the remaining 90 available, especially as we've played a lot of the big boys (6 of the top 8) once already.

Why?

We'll need c38pts to survive, right? We should be able to pick up 36 from the remaining 90 available, especially as we've played a lot of the big boys (6 of the top 8) once already.

:D

Fish, like a hawkish politician who was wrong on Iraq, still banging the drum for intervention in Iran.

Do you not remember last season when you kept saying we'd be fine but it went down to the last game?

:D

Fish, like a hawkish politician who was wrong on Iraq, still banging the drum for intervention in Iran.

Do you not remember last season when you kept saying we'd be fine but it went down to the last game?

I do remember that I kept saying we'd be fine and we finished 15th in the league, above Villa and sunderland.

It's been a shit start, but of all people you must see the reason in my belief, we've played against 6 of the top 8 from last year already. We've got a good run coming up to pick up points from. I'm not saying we're doing well, just that it's not panic stations yet.

I don't think LB is so vital that playing an average player there will seal our fate one way or the other. Also don't think Ashley Cole is the solution. Much prefer Jetro WIllems, or his like.

They are below average though. I would target LB and our central midfield if I was an opposition manager. Fine lines win games in PL.

They are below average though. I would target LB and our central midfield if I was an opposition manager. Fine lines win games in PL.

I don't disagree that it's a weakness, just that it's lower on my list of priority than, say, a Shawcross-esque centreback or a Carrick-esque centre mid.

I do remember that I kept saying we'd be fine and we finished 15th in the league, above Villa and sunderland.

It's been a shit start, but of all people you must see the reason in my belief, we've played against 6 of the top 8 from last year already. We've got a good run coming up to pick up points from. I'm not saying we're doing well, just that it's not panic stations yet.

We've been beaten at home by Watford and a reserve Sheff Wed. I can see why people have their fingers on the panic button. The next two games are crucial.

We've been beaten at home by Watford and a reserve Sheff Wed. I can see why people have their fingers on the panic button. The next two games are crucial.

I agree there have been shocking results and some worrying performances, but there have been more promising performances imo.

Watford and Shef Wed are our only "Fuck Me!" results, imo*

It's shit and it's fair to anticipate a mostly shit season, but too early to anticipate relegation I reckon.

*the thumping by Man City isn't that surprising given our Pardew-era collapses.

It's shit and it's fair to anticipate a mostly shit season, but too early to anticipate relegation I reckon.

why? we're almost a quarter into the season and we're already rock bottom, 5 points from safety.

mad not to think relegation isn't possible, or that we're not one of the favourites for the drop, when you look at the context of our form in the calendar year and how close we were to going down last year. it's actually almost a year since we last put a convincing run of form together.

why? we're almost a quarter into the season and we're already rock bottom, 5 points from safety.

mad not to think relegation isn't possible, or that we're not one of the favourites for the drop, when you look at the context of our form in the calendar year and how close we were to going down last year. it's actually almost a year since we last put a convincing run of form together.

I agree but I do think I've seen more in the team so far this season than I've seen for a long time. I think we've got enough to get out of it but of course confidence plays a big part and ours is obviously extremely fragile at the moment.

I agree but I do think I've seen more in the team so far this season than I've seen for a long time. I think we've got enough to get out of it but of course confidence plays a big part and ours is obviously extremely fragile at the moment.

That's it. We've played better in flashes than we managed for most of last season. But the longer the winless run continues, the more tough it'll be to climb out of the confidence k hole we've fallen into.

IF we beat Norwich, does anyone think, with the run of fixtures we have, we can go on a little run like we did when Pardew was here last season?

I fucking hope so. Rembering how to beat the mackems again would be a start

I fucking hope so. Rembering how to beat the mackems again would be a start

Trust me, the Norwich game will be like the Leicester home game last season: very nervy game then we nick a goal in between the 70th and 80th minute and win 1-0. KTF :nufc:

EDIT: Whey aye. Found it.

Edited by Haydnator

If we had the same coaches & the reliance on the same players I'd agree that the calendar year is a good indicator. As you've said, you've seen flashes of quality in the games we've had thus far. We've played 6 of the top 8. We've got a good run of games coming up. Of course we're amongst the favourites to go down and I've never said relegation is not possible.

I'm just confident we'll get out of the mess we've found ourselves in because the start we've had was ridiculously hard for a team like us.

I'm hopeful, I wouldn't say optimistic. It's hard to be optimistic when you've watched a side fail to perform for so long. Confidence is a massive factor. We need to stop the winless streak next game. The longer we go without winning, the more tricky the winnable games start to look.