SJW Snowflakes

adios

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aren't you worried that nazis will die?

no not really. watch the vice doc, if you haven't already. one of the nazis they interviewed says charlottsville was a success and the death of the woman knocked over by the car was justified. 

1 minute ago, Park Life said:

There was only about 500 proper Nazi's there. Although certainly reprehensible beasts they have as much right to demonstrate as anyone else. Otherwise you drive the debate underground and things get much worse. The ACLU fought in court for them to be able to demonstrate btw. The main problem IMO is that the police were hands off and should have been more proactive.

watch the vice doc. if there were only 500 nazis, the rest of their numbers were doing pretty good impersonations. 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

no not really. watch the vice doc, if you haven't already. one of the nazis they interviewed says charlottsville was a success and the death of the woman knocked over by the car was justified. 

Ok you don't care about the nazis. What about everyone else?

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

watch the vice doc. if there were only 500 nazis, the rest of their numbers were doing pretty good impersonations. 

You don't know anything about it as is clear from your hysteria in here today. :D

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Aren't you worried that people will die? When they start shooting each other? The police in the crossfire, innocent civilians? They're doing this in public places - they're effectively letting two stateless armies fight it out in the streets.

I don't think it'll be civil war. I think they'll get one big battle where we end up with a heavy number of pointless casualties and then we'll all wake the fuck up. The US will forcibly disband both sides and put them all on watch lists - the right and left wing rhetoric spinners will take a conciliatory approach to coverage and we'll all call for compassion, understanding and unity. Standard human practice. Totally fail to deal with a problem until some significant killing has taken place, and then act like we'll learn lessons from it.

Having said all of this - yes, it's utterly repellant that you have armed thugs threatening synagogues and anyone else in their path as part of a resurgence of one of the most appalling ideologies in the modern era. Why the US constitution seems to allow for such things is absolutely beyond me.

People have already died and I was worried before that. However, without an actual leader to bring people into line with rhetoric, governance and force, I think that if the public meet Nazis with anything but force it won't change anything. 

I just cannot see a resolution that doesn't include a body count, can you? Certainly not with Donald pouring petrol on the fire.

Aren't there laws against hate speech in America? I know the Nazi salute is illegal in European countries, why not there?

6 million died so he can have the moral high ground in any debate about anything forever. :D

don't believe what you read in the MSM - it was never anywhere near 6 million 

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

People have already died and I was worried before that. However, without an actual leader to bring people into line with rhetoric, governance and force, I think that if the public meet Nazis with anything but force it won't change anything. 

I just cannot see a resolution that doesn't include a body count, can you? Certainly not with Donald pouring petrol on the fire.

Aren't there laws against hate speech in America? I know the Nazi salute is illegal in European countries, why not there?

Trump should have been more forthright in his condemnation and the police shouldn't have been stood down deliberately by the Mayor.

3 minutes ago, Park Life said:

Trump should have been more forthright in his condemnation and the police shouldn't have been stood down deliberately by the Mayor.

And Nazi events shouldn't be tolerated in the first place... right? 

I mean anti-semitism, racism, homophobia couched in violent terms is inciting violence and were it a bloke in a beard outside a mosque FOX news and Homeland Security would have been all over it, right?

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

And Nazi events shouldn't be tolerated in the first place... right? 

I mean anti-semitism, racism, homophobia couched in violent terms is inciting violence and were it a bloke in a beard outside a mosque FOX news and Homeland Security would have been all over it, right?

Everyone has a right to free speech and a right to demonstrate regardless of how ridiculous or abhorrent their ideas are. That's the way democracy works. You can't pick and choose what beliefs people are allowed to hold or who is allowed to demonstrate because then you ARE living in a Fascist state. As I said earlier the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) went to court to allow this demo as the Mayor tried to ban it.  You either have free speech or you don't. You beat bad ideas with good ideas not by banning them.

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

There is no moral equivalency when it comes to nazis.

Emotional rubbish. The extreme left of the spectrum is as bad as the extreme right. Both sides have historically killed millions of people. If Communists are allowed to demonstrate so should Nazis.

Just now, Park Life said:

Everyone has a right to free speech and a right to demonstrate regardless of how ridiculous or abhorrent their ideas are. That's the way democracy works. You can't pick and choose what beliefs people are allowed to hold or who is allowed to demonstrate because then you ARE living in a Fascist state. As I said earlier the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) went to court to allow this demo as the Mayor tried to ban it.  You either have free speech or you don't. You beat bad ideas with good ideas not by banning them.

Huge difference between exercising your right to free speech and inciting violence against minorities. Allowing bigotry and hatred a platform will lead to its legitimisation. We shut down radical islamists quick enough, why not their brothers from another mother?

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Huge difference between exercising your right to free speech and inciting violence against minorities. Allowing bigotry and hatred a platform will lead to its legitimisation. We shut down radical islamists quick enough, why not their brothers from another mother?

Radical Islamist's demonstrate all over Europe regularly. There is no sense or benefit in pushing extremists underground. Let them air their views and lets debate them and make them look silly.

6 minutes ago, Park Life said:

Emotional rubbish. The extreme left of the spectrum is as bad as the extreme right. Both sides have historically killed millions of people. If Communists are allowed to demonstrate so should Nazis.

bollocks. there is no moral equivalency. you're comparing fascists and anti fascists. there is a reason why we went to war with them. 

Just now, Park Life said:

Radical Islamist's demonstrate all over Europe regularly. There is no sense or benefit in pushing extremists underground. Let them air their views and lets debate them and make them look silly.

By bringing them into the spotlight you expose many, many more to their poison. Many who won't think a well structured argument beats a shouty tirade.

Morgan invited Alex Jones onto his show and the man just shouted. Same happened on Newsnight, didn't it? What did that do other than have the centre feel smug in their superiority and embolden the far right? I can't imagine a young disenfranchised man watched that and thought, "Y'know what, that angry shouty man doesn't half look silly". More likely he thought "YEAH, STICK IT TO THE SNOWFLAKE LIBTARD CUCKS! THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP'EM"

Do they get them in the US though? Fish might have a point if the US cracks down on them but not on Nazis. I know that the UK was comfortable with Abu Hamza for a lengthy period of time before he was finally deported but I'm not sure what the lay of the land is these days.