SJW Snowflakes

adios

He's not a psychologist in this role that he's taken on, he is now a spokesman for a (rather important) cause.  He chose to do that.  You don't think it's important that most people don't know he has a problem with MRAs?  I mean, I still don't know that and I've watched the two videos you just linked.

It bothers me because he is clearly smart and well educated and could be a voice against some of this current madness, but as long as he (IMO) continues to be intellectually dishonest about the kinds of people he is inspiring he'll never speak for me or most of the normal, rational men that I discuss this with.

And that is in no way meant to disparage 100% of his supporters, because I get why good people support him too.

What is -your- problem with MRAs? I mean I get that they are generally frowned upon as being misogynists but they're no worse than the misandry arm of feminism from what I've seen. Hardly a serious problem for society either? Unless I'm missing something. They have no platform and hardly any mainstream voice. The misandrists have far bigger reach IMO because several of them regularly publish in the Guardian.

I think you want him to be too pure. This is a culture "war". If he acknowledges a weakness in his own flank and tries to rise above the politicization of everything, he's only weakening his cause.

War of narratives, etc etc.

He's playing the same game as everyone else involved on that front.

I feel like we're rewriting history if I have to explain the problem with MRAs.  They were plentiful long before feminism was hijacked by lunatics.

As an outsider looking in, he's already lost on his current terms, because his followers will be branded Nazis and people in the middle will say 'well he does seem a bit off'.

Maybe I'm completely out of the loop and there really is some massive 'war' going on that has to be fought from the wings, but tbh in my circles it's mostly BAMFU.

Lads man. Wtf are MRAs and MGTOWs. 

I was listening to something yesterday that was explaining that there's a school of thought that says that you can't refer to the penis as a male sex organ as it presupposes that you have to have a penis to be male. 

...... I mean, just FUCK OFF. 

2 hours ago, adios said:

I feel like we're rewriting history if I have to explain the problem with MRAs.  They were plentiful long before feminism was hijacked by lunatics.

As an outsider looking in, he's already lost on his current terms, because his followers will be branded Nazis and people in the middle will say 'well he does seem a bit off'.

Maybe I'm completely out of the loop and there really is some massive 'war' going on that has to be fought from the wings, but tbh in my circles it's mostly BAMFU.

MRAs predate the SCUM manifesto? I doubt it but i could be wrong. Either way i dont see them as a general threat to anyone within society. Isolated and powerless.

Don't agree about his 'followers' being branded as nazis. Or at least that this is a problem. I got called a nazi and it changed precisely zero about what i think about anything and only served to weaken the power of the term. Everyone and their dog is being called a fascist these days, and i really think apathy around the labels is now going mainstream. Peterson's book is a bestseller in the UK, the US, Canada and Australia. I dont think he has been fatally undermined but tbh I'm not looking for him to be a political symbol so my scope for judgement may not be accurate.

I just think what he says makes sense when i hear it from him directly and not filtered through a media narrative.

Gem, MRAs are Mens Rights Activists. Think feminism but for men but eithout the cultural acceptance. MGTOW stands for Men Going Their Own Way. Generally men who have been emotionally devastated in a relationship with women and who now see all women as evil and have sworn off them. Again, not entirely unlike certain feminists.

Somebody did a study on the level of abuse sent after the Cathy Newman interview & it turns out Peterson received far worse than her.

Is she responsible for the people sending him abuse, wishing him dead etc etc?

Men going their own way ffs :lol:

I would pay good money to see the MGTOW face off, royal rumble style, with the SJWs, the Alt-right, the MSM, the ctrl-left and the MRAs.

rayvin, for someone who apparently rejects identity politics, it’s ironic how you love to group people together under ever increasingly bizarre or arbitrary labels. 

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

MRAs predate the SCUM manifesto? I doubt it but i could be wrong. Either way i dont see them as a general threat to anyone within society. Isolated and powerless.

Don't agree about his 'followers' being branded as nazis. Or at least that this is a problem. I got called a nazi and it changed precisely zero about what i think about anything and only served to weaken the power of the term. Everyone and their dog is being called a fascist these days, and i really think apathy around the labels is now going mainstream. Peterson's book is a bestseller in the UK, the US, Canada and Australia. I dont think he has been fatally undermined but tbh I'm not looking for him to be a political symbol so my scope for judgement may not be accurate.

I just think what he says makes sense when i hear it from him directly and not filtered through a media narrative.

Gem, MRAs are Mens Rights Activists. Think feminism but for men but eithout the cultural acceptance. MGTOW stands for Men Going Their Own Way. Generally men who have been emotionally devastated in a relationship with women and who now see all women as evil and have sworn off them. Again, not entirely unlike certain feminists.

Yes, there have long been lunatics on the fringes, but if you're bringing up SCUM can I get started on Mary Magdelene?  And feminists have actually had a point for a long time, when exactly did we become oppressed?  Just because that's being shoved in our faces now, doesn't mean there isn't truth in how ludicrous MRAs are.

And when you say they're no threat, what exactly do you think the threat of these feminists is, in real terms?

30 minutes ago, Tom said:

Somebody did a study on the level of abuse sent after the Cathy Newman interview & it turns out Peterson received far worse than her.

Is she responsible for the people sending him abuse, wishing him dead etc etc?

It's a good question, and I don't know the answer.  I think she probably should have to consider it in today's media and at the very least come out strongly against it.

Speaking of threats again, who do we reckon are more likely to act on these threats?  A man?  A woman?  Maybe a male feminist?

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

I would pay good money to see the MGTOW face off, royal rumble style, with the SJWs, the Alt-right, the MSM, the ctrl-left and the MRAs.

rayvin, for someone who apparently rejects identity politics, it’s ironic how you love to group people together under ever increasingly bizarre or arbitrary labels. 

Ah, I should have been calling them the ctrl-left!  :lol:   Can I be an Alt Gr?

Edited by adios

You’d have to be a spectacular twat to call yourself a mens rights activist like. What are these people afraid of exactly? Actually I think I know the answer to that, and I  bet you that Sargon of Akkad tit is their commander in chief.

At the risk of sounding like a hippy, how much of a cunt do you need to be (alright, that didn't sound much like a hippy) to oppose..... just...... women. So much so to the extent that you define yourself entirely by your opposition to them and see the world as a battleground. 

Just be a person in the world and try not to be a cunt ffs. You'll find that most people respond in kind. 

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Save for Ctrl left which is used ironically about 3 times 2 years ago, the other labels are self identifiers for the groups in question. I didnt name them that, and i see them as individuals. Individuals infected by groupthink and ideology.

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

At the risk of sounding like a hippy, how much of a cunt do you need to be (alright, that didn't sound much like a hippy) to oppose..... just...... women. So much so to the extent that you define yourself entirely by your opposition to them and see the world as a battleground. 

Just be a person in the world and try not to be a cunt ffs. You'll find that most people respond in kind. 

If you have been so emotionally crushed by your relationship with a woman, presumably through emotional and or physical abuse, why would you be expected, just because you're a man, to have no lasting damage done to your perception of the other sex? These people need counselling and therapy more often than not, rather than suggestions that they are raped for the crime of being damaged - a comment i found rather unbelievable but the bar is pretty high on here sometimes.

I despair at the lack of empathy people have for each other sometimes. People are made hateful, they don't start that way.

And i would say the same thing about islamic terrorists fwiw. And any other extremist who peddle hatred because of the damage that has been done to them and the brainwashing they have accepted in a search for meaning.

Edited by Rayvin

12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Save for Ctrl left which is used ironically about 3 times 2 years ago, the other labels are self identifiers for the groups in question. I didnt name them that, and i see them as individuals. Individuals infected by groupthink and ideology.

i certainly don't identify myself as working for the MSM that exists in your world, and neither does any other journalist i've ever met. 

as far as the other groupings go, some people are just silly twats - it doesn't mean they're all collectively howling at the moon that they're fervent social justice warriors or that they belong to the alt-right club. 

4 hours ago, adios said:

Yes, there have long been lunatics on the fringes, but if you're bringing up SCUM can I get started on Mary Magdelene?  And feminists have actually had a point for a long time, when exactly did we become oppressed?  Just because that's being shoved in our faces now, doesn't mean there isn't truth in how ludicrous MRAs are.

And when you say they're no threat, what exactly do you think the threat of these feminists is, in real terms?

It's a good question, and I don't know the answer.  I think she probably should have to consider it in today's media and at the very least come out strongly against it.

Speaking of threats again, who do we reckon are more likely to act on these threats?  A man?  A woman?  Maybe a male feminist?

You were the one who said MRAs came before the radfems... dont complain to me that it isnt true. And my very limited understanding of MRA focal points is that they calpaign for mens issues eith respect of court systems and also on issues like the relative underfunding of prostate cancer versus breast cancer. A topical point given that prostate cancer now kills more people and is significantly less well funded. I noted with interest that the Guardian blamed men for this :D nothing if not consistent.

I just can't get on board with the bollocks anymore. Far rather just look at the issues without ideological lenses.

As for the whole threat aspect, it depends what you mean. Feminists have social power and some of their headliners are openly calling for female supremacy. Not a threat to me personally but i can see how others would take it that way.

Edited by Rayvin

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i certainly don't identify myself as working for the MSM that exists in your world, and neither does any other journalist i've ever met. 

as far as the other groupings go, some people are just silly twats - it doesn't mean they're all collectively howling at the moon that they're fervent social justice warriors or that they belong to the alt-right club. 

I dont think you see enough of this world to say that though. There are more than enough of these people out there on all sides, and if you're going to get "worried" by an increase in nazism in the US, then you owe it to yourself to understand what these people are a reaction to. Both sides fuel and create each other, both sides are becoming more influential, and it really is going to start pervading mainstream society in a noticeable way if it hasnt already.

As for the MSM i dont see a problem with that collective grouping really. Corporate media any better? MSM has negative connotations I suppose but i think it is useful to be reminded that no news source is pure.