SJW Snowflakes

adios

19 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Well that's what I did at university, and you told me I should have just enjoyed myself more. Implication being "why were you wasting time talking to radfems"

i mixed with a wide range of people at university but don't recall ever meeting one of these radfems you speak of. we were all far too preoccupied getting off our tits, i suppose. 

8 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Lads man. Wtf are MRAs and MGTOWs. 

I was listening to something yesterday that was explaining that there's a school of thought that says that you can't refer to the penis as a male sex organ as it presupposes that you have to have a penis to be male. 

...... I mean, just FUCK OFF. 

:lol:

Also, while we're at it, what the fuck is a SJW?

I think men have genuine issues that society isn't doing enough about tbh. Such as issues with mental & physical health, problems in education & so on.

Whenever these issues are raised there tends to be a feminist backlash however.

Professor Green made a documentary on "Working Class White Men" and the receiption was basically people calling them privileged. 

A lass on twitter* said "working class white men are some of the most privileged in our society, why not make a documentary on women or POC?"

*white, middle class :rolleyes: 

Some feminists seem to think that because the top is full of men that everyone is ok courtesy of being a man. Obviously it's not the case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I think men have genuine issues that society isn't doing enough about tbh. Such as issues with mental & physical health, problems in education & so on.

Whenever these issues are raised there tends to be a feminist backlash however.

Professor Green made a documentary on "Working Class White Men" and the receiption was basically people calling them privileged. 

A lass on twitter* said "working class white men are some of the most privileged in our society, why not make a documentary on women or POC?"

*white, middle class :rolleyes: 

Some feminists seem to think that because the top is full of men that everyone is ok courtesy of being a man. Obviously it's not the case.

Aye, that's a pretty narrow worldview.  Like somehow no one is making documentaries about Racism and Feminism anymore because of this one. 

I wonder how much it would blow her mind if you asked her to rank the more underprivileged between women and racial minorities or maybe a Persian man with bipolar and a French woman with one leg.  Or if her mind can handle the idea that life can suck for more than two groups of people.

There's always going to be someone worse off than us, or even the next one, that doesn't mean our issues don't deserve time and energy to deal with them.

I don't (can't) really do with Twitter but I'd probably have a rule for my own sanity that I don't take something seriously until it's said to my face (or at least on Toontastic!), but it sounds like you know this...not bird...woman.

I saw a bit of that Professor Green doc. It should hardly need pointing out, but when you have white working class areas where there's no longer any work then that is going to breed all sorts of resentment. A lot of people there of the very definition of 'under privileged'. Probably about the worst fucking thing you can then have is a middle class woman* (*especially, rightly or wrongly) telling them they're not. They're privileged compared to someone living in a third world shanty town, aye. But compared to UK society as a whole? What a sackload of shit. You just need to look at academic performance amongst white working class laddies to know many are headed straight to the bottom of the pile without even manual labour to fall back on.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I saw a bit of that Professor Green doc. It should hardly need pointing out, but when you have white working class areas where there's no longer any work then that is going to breed all sorts of resentment. A lot of people there of the very definition of 'under privileged'. Probably about the worst fucking thing you can then have is a middle class woman* (*especially, rightly or wrongly) telling them they're not. They're privileged compared to someone living in a third world shanty town, aye. But compared to UK society as a whole? What a sackload of shit. You just need to look at academic performance amongst white working class laddies to know many are headed straight to the bottom of the pile without even manual labour to fall back on.

If any of them do do well though, better watch out for that privilege, hope to fuck they don't feel proud of their achievements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adios said:

Aye, that's a pretty narrow worldview.  Like somehow no one is making documentaries about Racism and Feminism anymore because of this one. 

I wonder how much it would blow her mind if you asked her to rank the more underprivileged between women and racial minorities or maybe a Persian man with bipolar and a French woman with one leg.  Or if her mind can handle the idea that life can suck for more than two groups of people.

There's always going to be someone worse off than us, or even the next one, that doesn't mean our issues don't deserve time and energy to deal with them.

I don't (can't) really do with Twitter but I'd probably have a rule for my own sanity that I don't take something seriously until it's said to my face (or at least on Toontastic!), but it sounds like you know this...not bird...woman.

I dont really sit and shout at the phone or anything, it's been a while since I took anything on twitter seriously.

The idea of male privilege for a large percentage of men is an utter myth anyway. 

Yesterday women were celebrating having been given the vote 100 years ago. The heroic suffragettes* vs the evil white men.

Not many of them releasing that  working class men got the vote on the same day and only because they died by the million on the battlefield.

*conveniently glossing over the fact that many men suppprorted them and a lof of suffragettes didn't invite black people to the marches. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

whilst the act of tbagging isnt specifically the problem, its using that feature to troll, harrass and disturb others that is. As for the screaming and homoerotic commentary that often supports such actions in the clan TS, im not sure how long should we have to accept that?

I asked my 14yo, a bf1 gamer, who is also bullied at school
"what do you think is wrong about tbagging" ?
His response was accurate, without prompting he said that 

"...its unfair and is bullying because its someone standing over you, making out they're better than you"

as my son knows what bullying is about, he recognises how exceptional these trolling players think they are,
and like me rejects their behavior as infantile. To maliciously use tbagging to troll fellow clan members or pub players who
you're not friends with is contemptible and surprising.
As he is like me, and others, we want to play without being harassed by socially challenged bullies, so we join mature clans to avoid this.
In the community at large, tbagging is a sign of contempt and a declaration of supremacy over the 'vanquished', why would we engage in this?

Feckin' Snowflakes, man.  I find myself, as a bleeding heart liberal, thinking this more and more.  I'm conflicted because if someone genuinely feels bullied that's not cool and I don't want to participate in making them feel like that, but on the other hand I think it's patently ridiculous and waters down actual racial/sexuality-based abuse.

From my perspective, he's rearing a victim with the same complex he has himself.

For those who are not aware, "teabagging" is the act of a digital character, made up of a bunch of pixels, squatting over the body of your freshly killed corpse (by machine gun, gas, flamethrower, grenade etc.).  And the issue being discussed is just that, nothing about other slurs that might accompany it.

• Like 1

:lol:  Aye, this is obviously the nerd version of such, because our incel selves will never get our sacks within touching distance of another human.

Doesn't even make sense on any level. I mean, you're ok with people virtually killing other people using violent means but not with them virtually teabagging people? Just fuck off

That's ultimately my feeling.  Worth noting too that this lad is old enough to have a 14yo kid.

I mean, I don't participate in this because I'd actually have to be able to kill someone before dying, but it's exactly the sort of infantile man-child behaviour that I find funny/harmless.

Imagine playing this game though and inadvertently making some kid feel bullied.  It's not their fault their father is a twat.

Edited by adios
edited for being a cisgender cunt

25 minutes ago, adios said:

For those who are not aware, "teabagging" is the act of a digital character, made up of a bunch of pixels, squatting over the body of your freshly killed corpse (by machine gun, gas, flamethrower, grenade etc.).  And the issue being discussed is just that, nothing about other slurs that might accompany it.

Assuming you're not asking for the actual act.

27 minutes ago, adios said:

"...its unfair and is bullying because its someone standing over you, making out they're better than you"

For the parents on here, what do you say when your kid comes to you with this take on gaming/life?