Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Old Boy.

It's pointless me even saying how good it is as everyone is already fully aware so.

Is it as enjoyable second time around ? the ending blew me away first time of watching, not sure how enjoyable it would be watching it again.

Pan's Labyrinth.

Didn't know what to expect after hearing so many things about it, but thought it was absolutely brilliant. Some top notch cinematography and a great atmosphere, I was gripped throughout the entire film. The ending was a bit too obvious like but apart from that thought it was cracking, just such a unique film in so many ways.

Good to see that Gheorghe Hagi focused on his after football life during his time at Barca and Real as well. It amazes me that while picking up the lingo and dazzling La Liga with his amazing ability, he also managed to fit in some time for some acting lessons in between all of this. Top bloke.

Rambo : First Blood 1982

Fully enjoyed it

First Blood is a superb movie !

Think I'll watch all 3 of them, (yes all 3 of them) at some point this week seeing as I'll be viewing the new one sooner or later. :devil:

Fully enjoyed it

Think I'll watch all 3 of them, (yes all 3 of them) at some point this week seeing as I'll be viewing the new one sooner or later. :devil:

First Blood is like the "Rocky" of the Rocky movies, IE, the only one that warrants taking seriously.

Fully enjoyed it

First Blood is like the "Rocky" of the Rocky movies, IE, the only one that warrants taking seriously.

Rocky IV is my favourite Rocky.

Fully enjoyed it

Rocky IV is my favourite Rocky.

QFT

Torn Curtain

:icon_lol:

Hitchcock lost it big time after The Birds didn't he?

Control.

Pretty decent effort like, not going to say it's some masterpiece though like some Joy Division fans seem to think, but worth a viewing that's for certain. Curtis is portrayed as a bit of a cunt in it like, not surprising since it was based on his wife's accounts. Obviously quality music throughout as well. Bit of a lump in the throat at the end, despite the fact you just knew Atmosphere was going to be played when he topped himself.

Peter Hook was easily the best in it though. "Buzzcocks." :devil:

Brotherhood Of The Wolf.

Beautifully shot French film about a mysterious beast and its links with a serious of killings that took place in 18th century France. Although once the plot unfolds the film holds more to it than that. A tad weird and daft in parts and the last part of the film was rather predictable. I'd still recommend a viewing though.

about to watch "The Kingdom" I will give you an update as soon as I finish tidying my room and watching the film

At 1.37 am? Living the dream.

Watched 'Blood Simple' which was watchable but not great by any means (first full Coen Brothers film) and then Quadrophenia which always manages to be a quality watch despite some dodgy writing, execution of some of the scenes and some bad acting.

about to watch "The Kingdom" I will give you an update as soon as I finish tidying my room and watching the film

At 1.37 am? Living the dream.

Watched 'Blood Simple' which was watchable but not great by any means (first full Coen Brothers film) and then Quadrophenia which always manages to be a quality watch despite some dodgy writing, execution of some of the scenes and some bad acting.

:) Spot on, Alex. Despite those flaws, it remains one of my favourite flims (and CD's). Watched it again last night and was in my youth once again. Love it!! :lol::)

The Kingdom was pretty enjoyable. Decent performances throughout and well executed action scenes, I thought the subject matter was a little over-simplified though.

on a side note, my room is now spotless :lol: