Democratic Muslims imposing their ways again

LeazesMag

ChocHip, Nail on head tbh.

I think the way that immigrants were dealt with from day one, was wrong. I don't think Ghettos have helped any community ingratiate themselves into British society. It's promotes an insular, almost siege mentality and strengthens the distrust and contempt we hold for each other.

I might be wrong but I recall an Irish uncle saying that the different ethnic groups who migrated to Ireland were spread evenly about the country and not simply penned into one area, or city.

I'm not saying that the Irish are the perfect example of how communities can live in harmony, but I think we can see that an even distribution of immigrants would have seen a better integration.

;) I fucking hope not!

On a serious note, the reality of the situation is that until very recently there weren't enough foreigners in Ireland to make up a segregated community. I grew up thinking the Irish were very chilled out with other races. Unfortunately that turned out to be the kind of harmony Hitler imagined, with no other races to be dissonant with! There's definitely segregation going on now, and the racism I've witnessed in Dublin is embarrassing. Not to mention the ghettoisation of the poor that goes on in Ireland, I've still not seen an example as extreme anywhere else I've lived.

an example from my own life, Altan Brown was a lad of turkish descent who's grandparents came to Englan for a better life or whatever, now I grew up with Altan, played football with him and not up until a PC-Religious  Education teacher pointed at him in class when trying to exemplify a muslim did I notice he was in any way different.

what made it more galling was that Altan is not Muslim, he's atheist. But Ms Waldi saw a dark face in the room and presumed that he had to be...

90284[/snapback]

Oh, and can the west start putting in place measures to deport people like Ms Waldi?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leazes thinks EVERYONE other than him should be deported - and by Friday afternoon he normally adds himself to the list as well for "consorting with sandle wearers on chat boards"

Ms Waldi was one of those women who felt the need to remind us weekly that she was going out with a black bloke.

she told us about going to a pub and her and her boyfriend were being stared at by the local lads, who, when they left, threw snowballs at them... they didn't stop despite Ms Waldi stating that "Those snowballs are hurting my kidneys"

now I reckon that her and her boyfirend had gone to a pretty rough pub and the locals were a bit surprised that a couple had gone in at all where the woman wasn't 14 and pregnant, and to be frank if someone tried to reason with me while I'm pelting snowballs at them I doubt I'd stop either.

safe to say that throughout this anecdote the class were stifling laughter and abuse.

mind you I did take advantage of her rediculous PC-ism by refusing to write an essay entitled "I started by sinking into his arms and finished with my arms in his sink" because thwe "Sexist title offends me as I feel it is based on an old stereotype, one that we could shed quicker if we looked at how things could be, rather than how things were."

I got to do colouring instead. ;)

Anyway, here's my tuppence worth.

People who are easily offended by such remarks are people who have brittle faith. If you love your wife dearly and think the world of her, what would you care if someone disagree's or even makes fun of her looks? She is beautiful to you and that should be enough.

Anybody who reacts with violent or vengeful thoughts, words or deeds to a stupid cartoon has deep personal problems. This isn't an Islamic issue imo, the people involved have serious character flaws and probably very, very low self esteem coupled with a feeling of isolation. These aren't bad muslims, just bad people.

They have lost or never had a sense of clarity or mature discrimination with which to view the world. I am a religious person and believe the Supreme One is all knowing and all loving. Are we to be judged on our dress? The timing of our rituals? Our facial hair? Or are we to be judged on what is in our hearts? It is easier to follow an outward course of action rather improve and evolve oneself through reflection, understanding and forgiveness. It is also easier to impose your will on others than to be lead by example. Truly these people have made God in their own image, vengeful, wrathful and intolerant. I believe Islam is none of these things, i'm sure 'The East' was viewed as the refuge for liberal thinkers a few centuries ago. The media love this 'Type of Muslim' though, they give very little coverage to what i believe to be a very great majority of decent people who happen to be muslim and so we are bombarded by this type of sensationalism. Don't let these ridiculous images create a generalisation of a great many people.

90175[/snapback]

I think this 'feeling of isolation' from mainstream British society is possibly one of the things that has encouraged Islmaic extremism to grow in this country.

90191[/snapback]

I can see this from both sides tbh. Anyone would feel a bit isolated if few people spoke, dressed, looked like, prayed like oneself. However i also think it's a bit rich to demand the populace of the host country to display human qualities over and above that which you are capable of yourself and then have the hump about it when they don't! It is incumbent on the arrivee to do their best to fit in imo.

What really f**ks me off is when you read that some of the ringleaders are on benefits. How someone can beg from another man's table without the slightest humility and call his wife a slut and his mother a whore and then tell him that your way is the true way is unbelievable. Those who behave in such a way have no honour, they are not men.

Tiny minority though.

90199[/snapback]

All of your posts on this are very good mate, well said.

Anyway, here's my tuppence worth.

People who are easily offended by such remarks are people who have brittle faith. If you love your wife dearly and think the world of her, what would you care if someone disagree's or even makes fun of her looks? She is beautiful to you and that should be enough.

Anybody who reacts with violent or vengeful thoughts, words or deeds to a stupid cartoon has deep personal problems. This isn't an Islamic issue imo, the people involved have serious character flaws and probably very, very low self esteem coupled with a feeling of isolation. These aren't bad muslims, just bad people.

They have lost or never had a sense of clarity or mature discrimination with which to view the world. I am a religious person and believe the Supreme One is all knowing and all loving. Are we to be judged on our dress? The timing of our rituals? Our facial hair? Or are we to be judged on what is in our hearts? It is easier to follow an outward course of action rather improve and evolve oneself through reflection, understanding and forgiveness. It is also easier to impose your will on others than to be lead by example. Truly these people have made God in their own image, vengeful, wrathful and intolerant. I believe Islam is none of these things, i'm sure 'The East' was viewed as the refuge for liberal thinkers a few centuries ago. The media love this 'Type of Muslim' though, they give very little coverage to what i believe to be a very great majority of decent people who happen to be muslim and so we are bombarded by this type of sensationalism. Don't let these ridiculous images create a generalisation of a great many people.

90175[/snapback]

I think this 'feeling of isolation' from mainstream British society is possibly one of the things that has encouraged Islmaic extremism to grow in this country.

90191[/snapback]

I can see this from both sides tbh. Anyone would feel a bit isolated if few people spoke, dressed, looked like, prayed like oneself. However i also think it's a bit rich to demand the populace of the host country to display human qualities over and above that which you are capable of yourself and then have the hump about it when they don't! It is incumbent on the arrivee to do their best to fit in imo.

What really f**ks me off is when you read that some of the ringleaders are on benefits. How someone can beg from another man's table without the slightest humility and call his wife a slut and his mother a whore and then tell him that your way is the true way is unbelievable. Those who behave in such a way have no honour, they are not men.

Tiny minority though.

90199[/snapback]

All of your posts on this are very good mate, well said.

90772[/snapback]

Cheers :lol:

Teacher's pet tbh.

90713[/snapback]

I think we can all agree that isn't very likely now is it? :lol:

90781[/snapback]

It was a joke as I have no idea what you were like in school. Were you a tearaway like?

same as most I'd wager.

Cheeky little bastard at times, occassionally late with homework, occassionally bollocked for "rough housing" and bullyying, and the obligatory mark against my name for being caught smoking.

have some pride in making two teachers cry.

same as most I'd wager.

Cheeky little bastard at times, occassionally late with homework, occassionally bollocked for "rough housing" and bullyying, and the obligatory mark against my name for being caught smoking.

have some pride in making two teachers cry.

90786[/snapback]

Whey, if they were total bitches I suppose, otherwise it's not something to be proud of imo. They were women I take it? :lol:

oh aye.

they were utter cnuts like

one of them was a supply teacher, so I guess she doesn't really count

90805[/snapback]

Who'd be a teacher though, seriously? Of the people I know who qualified, only one is still teaching in a state school in this country and he hates it. Nearly all the ones at school who'd been teaching for years seemed really bitter.

a couple of my mates are teachers and they say that the first year is a total nightmare.

they're both lucky enough to work in private schools now, they say the difference between the kids and just general standards is staggering.

I certainly couldn't be a teacher.

not because I don't want to, it's just that list thingy doesn't permit it :lol:

Never met a supply teacher I liked, to be honest. I still bear a grudge against the one who took us for R.E. in Year 5 and accused me of having "looked in the book" when I correctly answered her question as to the capital of Israel. I was the kind of precocious nerd who could have told her Mali, Mauritania or sodding Mauritius at age 9, never mind having to look up one as basic as Israel... :razz:

I probably need a new hobby or something... :lol:

loved being precocious, there is no joy like that of an 8 yr old boy asking if he's spelt "co-conspirator" correctly for his text on Guy Fawkes.

mind you there is no frustration like that of an 8 yr old boy being told to "just write friends"

and there is no irony like that of a 24 year old bloke who generally needs help spelling the word "friends"

Never met a supply teacher I liked, to be honest. I still bear a grudge against the one who took us for R.E. in Year 5 and accused me of having "looked in the book" when I correctly answered her question as to the capital of Israel. I was the kind of precocious nerd who could have told her Mali, Mauritania or sodding Mauritius at age 9, never mind having to look up one as basic as Israel...  :razz:

I probably need a new hobby or something...  :lol:

90814[/snapback]

That's not precocious tbh, that's being an anorak (I was going to say anal but....:razz:).

Anyway, what's it they say? "Those who can't do, teach. Those who can't teach, teach teachers". The latest teacher adverts have flipped that round now like, but we all know it's true. I'd hate to be a teacher in a comp now though - nightmare.

Never met a supply teacher I liked, to be honest. I still bear a grudge against the one who took us for R.E. in Year 5 and accused me of having "looked in the book" when I correctly answered her question as to the capital of Israel. I was the kind of precocious nerd who could have told her Mali, Mauritania or sodding Mauritius at age 9, never mind having to look up one as basic as Israel...  :razz:

90814[/snapback]

I had a similar dweeby incident aged about 11 when two classmates reckoned I was wrong about Canberra being the capital of Australia. They asked the teacher who agreed with them it was Sydney. I said to the teacher 'Look it up if you don't believe me', so they did. No wonder the education system is in the state it is tbh. :razz:

Never met a supply teacher I liked, to be honest. I still bear a grudge against the one who took us for R.E. in Year 5 and accused me of having "looked in the book" when I correctly answered her question as to the capital of Israel. I was the kind of precocious nerd who could have told her Mali, Mauritania or sodding Mauritius at age 9, never mind having to look up one as basic as Israel...  :yes

90814[/snapback]

I had a similar dweeby incident aged about 11 when two classmates reckoned I was wrong about Canberra being the capital of Australia. They asked the teacher who agreed with them it was Sydney. I said to the teacher 'Look it up if you don't believe me', so they did. No wonder the education system is in the state it is tbh. :razz:

90823[/snapback]

That reminds me of a film where somebody had to answer what the capital of Brazil was, and they answered Rio incorrectly (the answer being Brazilia). I guess that's not very interesting. :razz:

That's not precocious tbh, that's being an anorak (I was going to say anal but....:razz:).

90819[/snapback]

Howay man, next thing you'll be telling me that being taken out of English classes at age 6 because I wanted to sit outside the classroom and write a manual for my VIC-20 computer instead makes me an anorak... personally I thought it was just adorable... :lol:

Never met a supply teacher I liked, to be honest. I still bear a grudge against the one who took us for R.E. in Year 5 and accused me of having "looked in the book" when I correctly answered her question as to the capital of Israel. I was the kind of precocious nerd who could have told her Mali, Mauritania or sodding Mauritius at age 9, never mind having to look up one as basic as Israel...  :angry:

90814[/snapback]

90823[/snapback]

That reminds me of a film where somebody had to answer what the capital of Brazil was, and they answered Rio incorrectly (the answer being Brazilia ). I guess that's not very interesting. :yes

90827[/snapback]

Brasilia :razz:

Never met a supply teacher I liked, to be honest. I still bear a grudge against the one who took us for R.E. in Year 5 and accused me of having "looked in the book" when I correctly answered her question as to the capital of Israel. I was the kind of precocious nerd who could have told her Mali, Mauritania or sodding Mauritius at age 9, never mind having to look up one as basic as Israel...  :angry:

90814[/snapback]

90823[/snapback]

That reminds me of a film where somebody had to answer what the capital of Brazil was, and they answered Rio incorrectly (the answer being Brazilia ). I guess that's not very interesting. :yes

90827[/snapback]

Brasilia :razz:

90834[/snapback]

Mmmmm, bras.....

I love it when threads go o/t.