Liverpool Game

MIKEFC

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye that's what I wondered. Should be tbh. 

Just looked it up, yes it should as it's a "red card" incident. Whether they do is another question.

Can't help but feel that we'd have seen every angle again and again and super slow mo if the shoe was on the other foot and it was say Manquilo handballing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

A red card would potentially lead to making the last round of games pointless. Wonder why it wasn't given.

It will be glossed over, but I wonder how the referee would justify it.

Just now, Renton said:

Dozens of Liverpool fans dotted around the home ends here, maybe 100 in corporate. Feels like it could turn nasty. 111

They'll play victims as per. Cunts 

Just now, wykikitoon said:

You're allowed to shoulder charge off the ball? 

When challenging for the title, yes.

Both their goals were the result of piss-poor defending, especially the first when Virgil came through unchallenged.

I worry about the second half now.

Fat headed Michael Owen not addressing why you can't play advantage and then give the player their punishment. It's done all the time in  open play. At least they addressed the issue, if not accurately. What they said is if the ref saw it and we didn't score then it would have been a red card and a penalty. That's after they consulted with their ex-ref pundit Dermot "what ever the ref did was right" Gallagher.

7 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Both their goals were the result of piss-poor defending, especially the first when Virgil came through unchallenged.

I worry about the second half now.

It was smart play from Liverpool to set up all their players in a concentrated area at the edge of the box against us (a man marking side). Gives them every opportunity to move into open space and attack the ball. Against a team doing that zonal defense would be the preferred option IMO. It was still terrible from Lascelles.