Liverpool Game

MIKEFC

Hi Guys , Man City fan here sorry to invade your forum but was interested to know what the feeling is in regard to how Rafa will view this game, as in will he be passive or will he really want to destroy Liverpools title hopes?  Obviously we are hoping for something similar in how you played against us, is there any chance of that ? 

6 minutes ago, MIKEFC said:

Hi Guys , Man City fan here sorry to invade your forum but was interested to know what the feeling is in regard to how Rafa will view this game, as in will he be passive or will he really want to destroy Liverpools title hopes?  Obviously we are hoping for something similar in how you played against us, is there any chance of that ? 

Rafa will do his job like a professional and try to get a result for Newcastle 'cause that is what he does. He doesn't want to destroy Liverpools title hopes (why on earth would he?)  he loves that club and that city.

There is always a chance, Rafa seems to have figured out how to get the best chance of a result against Peps City even if it doesn't always come to pass in the final result we tend fare better than most against you, not sure if he's done that with Klopps liverpool yet last time we played them they put four past us.

Rafa would love to see Liverpool win the league but he will be doing his best to see us take three points.

It’ll be the same sort of performance as you saw against yourselves. We managed to get a draw off them last year at home playing like that and no reason we can’t this season.

Andrew and ewerk are spot on. As much as Rafa loves Liverpool he’s not going to do Liverpool any favours (intentionally anyway), he’s far too professional for that. He’ll set the side out to frustrate the same as he always does against the higher quality sides (as Burnley did against your lot). 

As much as I’d love for us to win and ruin the title hopes of those scum bags I think we have too many injuries. I’m not sure what the status is on Perez, but even with him we’d really be struggling. 

Edited by Howay

With  Almiron & maybe Perez out there’s little chance of a home win. We might nick a stuffy point if Liverpools front 3 have an off day. I personally don’t care who wins the league. 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

We can get results v Liverpool at home, I think we're unbeaten in four, but can't see us getting anything on Saturday especially if we're missing key players. No way will Rafa roll over but he'll do his best to frustrate them with whatever he's left to play with come Saturday. Not arsed at all who wins the league, both sides have been outstanding and deserve it but think a last minute winner against them in a 4-3 win would be splendid.

• Like 3

I think we'll get something. Nerves will get the better of Liverpool. Even if they win though i expect Man city to win every game too so makes no odds. I'm fairly ambivalent but would prefer Liverpool to win on the basis they're not where they are purely on the basis of arab money. But as far as the teams go both have been amazing this year, well surpassing anything ManU did on points totals. 

Agree with the above. If we'd had Almiron and Perez fully fit, we'd stand 1/2 a chance. But they're not, so we don't. Best we can hope for is their forwards have an off day and our back 7 are flawless, nick a 0-0.

10 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I reckon they’re going to bottle it and we will nick the win. Ayoze with the winner in a tight game 

Is he fit?

I can see  Mane clean through on goal, 

Then tripping over Gerrard style loosing the ball Sala wins it back and gets into our penalty box then.

He tries his most technically difficult dive to win a penalty. His take off is perfect  he  is mid air turning to the Liverpool bench and winking at the Liverpool fans,

He only has to nail his landing, Afro first to cushion his landing. His teammates are already cheering they have watched him perform his dive every week.

The Liverpool bench & fans know what is coming next

The Referee will Blow his whistle in celebration, handing him his prize, The ball to collect his award a penalty.

But something has gone wrong, The Referee looks angry with him. The referee is pointing out that there are no Newcastle players within 20 feet of him.

Rafa has come up with a gameplan to stop Sala scoring

When he gets near the penalty box, Newcastle players will move away quickly so when he dives the Referee will see he has been cheating all season.

6 minutes ago, 111180sak said:

I can see  Mane clean through on goal, 

Then tripping over Gerrard style loosing the ball Sala wins it back and gets into our penalty box then.

He tries his most technically difficult dive to win a penalty. His take off is perfect  he  is mid air turning to the Liverpool bench and winking at the Liverpool fans,

He only has to nail his landing, Afro first to cushion his landing. His teammates are already cheering they have watched him perform his dive every week.

The Liverpool bench & fans know what is coming next

The Referee will Blow his whistle in celebration, handing him his prize, The ball to collect his award a penalty.

But something has gone wrong, The Referee looks angry with him. The referee is pointing out that there are no Newcastle players within 20 feet of him.

Rafa has come up with a gameplan to stop Sala scoring

When he gets near the penalty box, Newcastle players will move away quickly so when he dives the Referee will see he has been cheating all season.

Ok Noelie does this sort of thing quite often but this one is actually relatively important, Salah is the guy who plays for liverpool.

Sala is the guy Cardiff signed who died in a plane crash earlier this year.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Andrew said:

Ok Noelie does this sort of thing quite often but ..........................................

Noelie's diving days are over bonny lad, what he does now is dodder and fall over like old men are prone to do. :razz:

• Like 1