Diving

luckyluke

I agree with gol to an extent, I fail to see what all the fuss is about, other than it was made into such a high profile incident by the media because Chelsea are so high profile.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your comments justifying Robben going unpunished because he was sent off before (within the 'laws of the game' btw) smack of a Chelsea apologist. It has not 'evened itself out', tell that to Liverpool who probably will be without their first choice keeper for three games now.

Agree, you've only got yourself to blame for the Chelsea fan jokes with comments like these. :razz:

90476[/snapback]

Despite the fact that you make it impossible for me to comment on Chelsea matters without getting the usual "ooh, you love Chelsea" bollocks, I still put my point forward.

Any other team, I'd say exactly the same. The referee applied the correct laws in both cases, despite both cases being stupidly ridiculous. It's evened itself out.

Oh, and Luke, your comment makes me think you're a secret red?

90526[/snapback]

I meant that justice is hardly been served when you look at the outcome. The only love for Liverpool I have is from just tonking my housemate 5-0 with them on FIFA. :lol:

90655[/snapback]

I didn't say justice has been served, I've said it's evened itself out (in terms of Robben, not Liverpool).

90680[/snapback]

As long as its evened itself out for Robben then that's okay....

It's not really hard to see why people accuse you of being a Chelsea fan is it?

90853[/snapback]

Only because you read what you want to read.

THE REFEREE FOLLOWED THE LAWS OF THE GAME IN BOTH CASES. IT'S THE LAWS AT FAULT, NOT THE DECISION OF THE REFEREE.

For fucks sake, you're not worth the effort.

How come Alex said exactly what I said (Reina should have been sent off, Robben should have been booked) but I get accused of being a Chelsea fan?

90866[/snapback]

I agree with the bit in bold, but what I meant by my previous post (which I thought was obvious enough but I'll try again) was:

It's not hard to see why people accuse you of being a Chelsea fan when you only seem bothered that the decision was a fair one for them because of a previous (irrelevent) incident, when another team has been cheated here.

I don't really think you're a Chelsea fan but you do seem to take their side even when their position is indefensible.

And I disagree with Alex, I think harsher punishments are needed for diving/play acting if we want to eradicate it. However I'd already made that point in reply to you so I didn't see the point in repeating myself.

Because I'm GREAT! :yes

90867[/snapback]

No, because you didn't add "Having said that, he shouldn't have been sent off for celebrating his goal a few weeks ago, so it's sorted itself out." to your post... :razz:

90874[/snapback]

Ok, do you think Robben should have been sent off for that? Regardless of who he plays for?

90877[/snapback]

No, but I can't see how this is relevant for the incident involving Reina ...

... unless you want to play the referee's cock-up down and exculpate Robben in some way. :razz:

90885[/snapback]

Blue is the colour, Football is the game. We're all together and winning is the game. So cheer us on through the wind and rain because Chelsea, Chelsea is our name.

Chew-see Chew-see! Chew-see Chew-see!

90889[/snapback]

:lol:

I can't stand Chelsea for a number of reasons, but I started this thread as I'm pissed off with the prevalence of diving/playacting in general.

90947[/snapback]

Where's the one about Savage a couple of weeks back?

Or the one about Ronaldo every week?

Or the one about Stephen Taylor in general? :lol:

Always hated Chelsea like, mainly due to the fans :lol:

90964[/snapback]

I neither hate or like Chelsea. I do however like Frank Lampard. :razz:

90965[/snapback]

I don't consider you to be a Chelsea fan, although it was a dig as a joke, meant what I said about their fans in general though.

Always hated Chelsea like, mainly due to the fans :lol:

90964[/snapback]

I neither hate or like Chelsea. I do however like Frank Lampard. :razz:

90965[/snapback]

I don't consider you to be a Chelsea fan, although it was a dig as a joke, meant what I said about their fans in general though.

90966[/snapback]

I know, I was just stating my position too :razz:

I'm not denying it. :lol:

90961[/snapback]

Ok, in all seriousness then, how can you debate a topic about Chelsea without a biased slant to it?

90963[/snapback]

Because I don't let my hatred cloud my judgement. Much as it pleased me I disagreed with Robben's sending off for celebrating.

And anyway, like I said, I started this thread as I'm pissed off with the prevalence of diving in general, of which the Robben/Reina incident was a particularly unsavoury example.

And admit it, you DO have a fondness for them!

I'm not denying it. :razz:

90961[/snapback]

Ok, in all seriousness then, how can you debate a topic about Chelsea without a biased slant to it?

90963[/snapback]

Because I don't let my hatred cloud my judgement. Much as it pleased me I disagreed with Robben's sending off for celebrating.

And anyway, like I said, I started this thread as I'm pissed off with the prevalence of diving in general, of which the Robben/Reina incident was a particularly unsavoury example.

And admit it, you DO have a fondness for them!

90971[/snapback]

Erm, no I don't :lol:

I like some of their players. I wish they played for us, not Chelsea. That's all there is to it.

No matter what the officials do you always get a t**t that is going to dive its the way the game is today.The steven Taylor incident is different as he was trying to save himself and th TEAM a red card but Robben was just trying to cause trouble another way that chelsea cheat. :lol:

:razz:

Fair enough.

By the way, I've been wondering why Lampard always points and looks to the sky when he scores, any idea why?

90984[/snapback]

Doesn't he kiss his wedding ring?? :lol:

It's always the way that you hate the best team in the country, it comes with the territory. I hate Manure, my old man hated Liverpool, and we now all hate Chelsea. However, as Alex said, I've always hated Chelsea because they always seem to be supported by twats. I remember the scenes live on Grandstand when they got relelgated and decided to rip Stamford Bridge apart. To think they've become the new team the little englanders support! :lol:

Edited by sweetleftpeg