Hitzfeld for Newcastle

Emre

I think it's a shame that the campaign is getting knocked...what are we doing about getting a decent manager?

Yes the "ego" stuff and back-slapping is a bit unpleasant, but it's better than leaving it to chance and ending up with another Souness....

It's no secret that we were Owen's last choice, but we have him...I'm sure if we do miss out on Hitzfeld, the next manager will be able to handle the fact that he wasn't number our one.....after all we may not be MON's first choice :D

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's always going to have his legion of fans, fair enough, that's up to them. I don't like him, that's up to me.

96262[/snapback]

Doubt it, he's an idiot.

96295[/snapback]

So are his fans

I think it's a shame that the campaign is getting knocked...what are we doing about getting a decent manager?

Yes the "ego" stuff and back-slapping is a bit unpleasant, but it's better than leaving it to chance and ending up with another Souness....

It's no secret that we were Owen's last choice, but we have him...I'm sure if we do miss out on Hitzfeld, the next manager will be able to handle the fact that he wasn't number our one.....after all we may not be MON's first choice  :D

96297[/snapback]

Out of interest, what style of football did Hitzfeld get his team to play? Were Bayern better then than they are now?

I'm interested, as I haven't seen one post about it from someone who has clearly watched a lot of German football, apart from Isegrim.

96297[/snapback]

Here goes......the voice of fucking reason is back! :wub::D

It's been done by a bunch of Northerners - shouldn't you be knocking it? :nufc:

96297[/snapback]

Here goes......the voice of fucking reason is back! :wub::D

96301[/snapback]

Leave him alone you fucking bully

96297[/snapback]

Here goes......the voice of fucking reason is back! :yes:D

96301[/snapback]

Leave him alone you fucking bully

96303[/snapback]

:wub:

So are his fans

96299[/snapback]

Evidently. :nufc: I just think people like him have a habit of fucking things up for themselves.

96315[/snapback]

The funniest thing about the whole campaign were his Biblical instructions, especially not to debate the matter with non-believers. Don't debate the next manager of the Toon on a NUFC message board. FFS! :D

So are his fans

96299[/snapback]

Evidently. :nufc: I just think people like him have a habit of fucking things up for themselves.

96315[/snapback]

The funniest thing about the whole campaign were his Biblical instructions, especially not to debate the matter with non-believers. Don't debate the next manager of the Toon on a NUFC message board. FFS! :D

96319[/snapback]

He really should have put that thread on a private forum - now that post was embarassing. :wub:

It's no secret that we were Owen's last choice, but we have him...I'm sure if we do miss out on Hitzfeld, the next manager will be able to handle the fact that he wasn't number our one.....after all we may not be MON's first choice  :D

96297[/snapback]

Out of interest, what style of football did Hitzfeld get his team to play? Were Bayern better then than they are now?

I'm interested, as I haven't seen one post about it from someone who has clearly watched a lot of German football, apart from Isegrim.

96300[/snapback]

Bump. Don't ignore it AF

96297[/snapback]

96300[/snapback]

Bump. Don't ignore it AF

96360[/snapback]

Sorry, I was having a relaxing little nap :yes:yes

I don't know or care what kind of football he played other than the fact that it was successful. :nufc: To me football style is irrelevant...it's about keeping the ship from sinking and getting your players to play for you. I'm not one who expects or demands free flowing attractive football over and above the result. I'd settle for 38 goals a season, none conceded and 114 points :wub:

If our players won't play for Hitzfeld then they'll be driven out of Newcastle by angry hoardes..... A manager of his stature would help keep Owen and attract the best of the players we could afford. I think he'd be mentally strong enough for the job too, an important factor at this club.

So you don't know if our current squad could play under Hitzfeld then?

See, that's my problem with the "campaign". Too many people are looking at the 2 european trophies, without looking deeper.

96412[/snapback]

I think a manager of his experience could get the best from any squad personally.

He may want to change a couple of faces, but I can't see him floundering with our players.....

See, that's my problem with the "campaign". Too many people are looking at the 2 european trophies, without looking deeper.

96412[/snapback]

I think a manager of his experience could get the best from any squad personally.

He may want to change a couple of faces, but I can't see him floundering with our players.....

96416[/snapback]

Even though the only knowledge you have of him, is his CV?

96412[/snapback]

96416[/snapback]

96445[/snapback]

Yes, I'm purely going on meaningless statistics :nufc:.... Mr Flipping Norris McWhirter :yes:D:wub:

I never claimed to be an expert analyst on these matters! I'm making my decision on grounds you may even consider amateurish....but that's my opinion and my gut feeling on the matter. :yes

96412[/snapback]

96416[/snapback]

96445[/snapback]

Many people have spent hours, days, even weeks reading up on him and know a lot more than just his CV.

To much fucking time on their hands IMO

Someone actually talking sense over on NO

Just because fans want Hitzfeld, as our manager doesn’t mean he has to even consider coming here, which is the impression, I get from SOME of our fans.

If at the end of the season Real Madrid, Juventus, Barcelona, AC Milan or (as much as I hate to admit it Manure) etc were short of a manager he would more than likely choose those teams who have a much very higher European profile than us.

And I am getting a bit pissed off with people getting sniffy over the record of Martin O’Neill, he has improved every team he managed and has won more trophies than we have for the last 51 years (not hard I know).

We are a club with great support & a good stadium but we are a long way from being one of European footballs “big hitters” and it’s about time some people got a grip on reality and grew up & realised that.

Someone actually talking sense over on NO

Just because fans want Hitzfeld, as our manager doesn’t mean he has to even consider coming here, which is the impression, I get from SOME of our fans.

If at the end of the season Real Madrid, Juventus, Barcelona, AC Milan or (as much as I hate to admit it Manure) etc were short of a manager he would more than likely choose those teams who have a much very higher European profile than us.

And I am getting a bit pissed off with people getting sniffy over the record of Martin O’Neill, he has improved every team he managed and has won more trophies than we have for the last 51 years (not hard I know).

We are a club with great support & a good stadium but we are a long way from being one of European footballs “big hitters” and it’s about time some people got a grip on reality and grew up & realised that.

96654[/snapback]

Aye, the Hitzfeld posse are really getting on my tits at the moment like with their dismissive attitude on the strength of fuck all first-hand experience of the bloke.

Hitz is not interested in big clubs. He has had mental problems after his Bayern time, because of the pressure...  He will join a small club and make it big!

So presumably he'll resign when we do make it 'big' then?

Hitzfeld for the Toon campaigners plead their innocence and deny all allegations...

Freddie dismisses Hitzfeld possibilities, and makes betting scam accusation

Freddie Shepherd today accused those in favour of the appointment of Ottmar Hitzfeld as being part of a process

"designed to make people a lot of money"

He went on to say

"There was even a 'leaked' full colour brochure doing the rounds in Newcastle which laid out Ottmar Hitzfeld's CV and his record as a manager."

"It's amazing the lengths people will go to to start a rumour which means they can bet for or against a certain person getting the job."

Those behind the hitzfeldforthetoon website strenuously deny any suggestions that we are involved in any sort of betting process. It is regrettable that Freddie has made such allegations, and also that he has dismissed the option of Hitzfeld, the preferred option of a significant number of his customers, so very lightly.

"there has been no approach to Hitzfeld and there are no plans to approach him."

The aim of this website has never been to try and force the appointment of Hitzfeld, but simply to get Hitzfeld's name 'out there' amongst fans and those in the club's hierarchy. Whilst that aim has clearly been achieved it is sad that notion of considering him seriously for the post appears to have received short shrift at St James' Park.

Once again, there is absolutely no substance in any suggestion that those behind this website are involved in any sort of betting scam.