What's next?

sammynb

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Agreed. 

In my Dad’s particular case, he was gone, as a cognitive , aware person, just his body was fighting like fuck to stay alive. 
At that stage, there should be the option to end it kindly and quickly. 

When you’re looking at degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s or Lewy Bodies Disease, where the mental capacity of the declines over time, then I can see that a more stringent set of checks and guidelines would be needed to avoid cases of abuse- you’ve just got to look at the family of that Capt.Tom to see how venal people can be with dead and dying relative’s money. 

None of which should stop the option being there for people who’ve just had enough pain, loss of dignity etc. 

Living wills and independent clinical adjudicators are the answer. It's not an issue, it's an excuse for those who want to control us, even in death. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

ether, ayahuasca, pcp, smack, crack - the lot 

all at once 

I wouldn't mind trying ayahuasca or DMT now tbh. Pretty much everyone that I've seen comment on the stuff says it can be life changing - proper third eye shit.

Apparently, some dealers are doing DMT vape pens these days :lol:

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

there aren't many things that scare me as much as the prospect of a long, slow decline towards death, losing faculties and being a burden to my kids. i'm going to get a massive stash of all the drugs i was too scared to ever try and go out in style long before i get to that point 

So Gloomys kids, what were your Dads last words? 

Well…err…

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

• Haha 4

Doug Stanhope's big routine on helping his mum go out on her own terms is great (albeit dark as fuck, naturally). I think his book was named after the whole ordeal but I haven't got round to reading it. 

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Well…err…

Surely only two outcomes to trying DMT on your deathbed. That, or this:

6fd346730695d4adc838dcab59f63069.gif.67619919f541995dbfc6eca94e22ccad.gif

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Well…err…

"He kept talking about the rainbow serpent and how he got to have a ride on his back. He also mentioned something about tie dye t-shirts and then flat lined"

• Haha 2