Newcastle United vs Nottingham Forest

LongTimeAdmirer

6 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

It was coming well before. Players are obviously very low on confidence anxious to make mistakes. Almiron being afraid to shoot being the perfect example. 

Very frustrating but I don’t get the need to start slagging off players gor things like this.

Aye, the perceived weak link just gets blamed for everything. A lot of fans need to this to make them happy. It used to be Longstaff and probably will be again when Miggy is upgraded.

its not like Howe has a choice to replace Miggy. Maybe he can chuck on a half-fit Joelinton on the left and shift a half-fit Gordon to the right so we can take a half-for Miggy off.

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

the support needs a scapegoat. I had a feeling jt would be Miggy after ASM left 

Yeah and no relation there in the lack of end product with both I suppose? :lol: just fans randomly picking players. 

I know some like to think Miggy is picked on but nah. Pretty much everyone is called out when they play poorly including Trips and Bruno. If Miggy is blamed more he's just giving us more opportunities. 

Also it's a match thread let people have a moan :lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alex said:

He’s had one purple patch since he joined the club and doesn’t give you a lot var graft beyond that. He’s frustrating as fuck. Not sure what your point is re the last bit unless you think you can’t criticise a lack of a ability and a footballing brain

Watch out or everyone will tell you one of the worst players in the press is actually the best, simply because he chases shadows and never wins the ball back. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Alex said:

He’s had one purple patch since he joined the club and doesn’t give you a lot var graft beyond that. He’s frustrating as fuck. Not sure what your point is re the last bit unless you think you can’t criticise a lack of a ability and a footballing brain

Miggy has been vitally important to how we play. He executes the press about as well as anyone in the team, busts a gut every game defensively but his limitations are there for all to see. Ideally he would have been rotated more because he’s a form player out of form. I wouldn’t mind seeing Joelinton on for the second half with Gordon moving over to the right 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

We oughta wait till the 60th minute at least or people will come on saying how critical his lack of end product is to our playing style 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Miggy has been vitally important to how we play. He executes the press about as well as anyone in the team, busts a gut every game defensively but his limitations are there for all to see. Ideally he would have been rotated more because he’s a form player out of form. I wouldn’t mind seeing Joelinton on for the second half with Gordon moving over to the right 

There it is :D

• Haha 2

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

He’s dreadful in the press. Just chasing the ball down isn’t pressing, he consistently leaves his man to aimlessly close the keeper from 30 yards out before the keeper then just passes to the full back he’s left wide open. That isn’t pressing, players like Murphy execute the press well, you trap players in and don’t allow the pass eliminating options and creating turnovers - Almiron just runs at players. 

He’s not a scapegoat, he’s a poor player he had a good 5 month spell when teams were open to the counter attack but now teams sit deeper against us he has become a massive liability consistently missing chances and playing the wrong pass. In fact Almiron almost just scored an own goal because of his insane decision making. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Yeah and no relation there in the lack of end product with both I suppose? :lol: just fans randomly picking players. 

I know some like to think Miggy is picked on but nah. Pretty much everyone is called out when they play poorly including Trips and Bruno. If Miggy is blamed more he's just giving us more opportunities. 

Also it's a match thread let people have a moan :lol:

people can moan all they want. Was just agreeing with PL’a point about the amount of grief we all have Miggy compared to the other players who contributed to their goal 

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

We’ll be lucky to get through this without conceding another 2 goals.

Yup they look the more likely. Howe made the change on the weekend hope he does so early again. We need the energy from Joe and Tino. 

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

My post wasn’t aimed at you tbh but rather other people. I know that he can be very frustrating and he is certainly a player we can improve on.

l am also not against criticism of players but with Almiron I think a lot is rather unfair and way over the top. He is certainly not as bad as sone people seem to think. Imho of course.

• Like 2

Just now, Howay said:

He’s dreadful in the press. Just chasing the ball down isn’t pressing, he consistently leaves his man to aimlessly close the keeper from 30 yards out before the keeper then just passes to the full back he’s left wide open. That isn’t pressing, players like Murphy execute the press well, you trap players in and don’t allow the pass eliminating options and creating turnovers - Almiron just runs at players. 

He’s not a scapegoat, he’s a poor player he had a good 5 month spell when teams were open to the counter attack but now teams sit deeper against us he has become a massive liability consistently missing chances and playing the wrong pass. In fact Almiron almost just scored an own goal because of his insane decision making. 

nah, you’re wrong there. He’s been instrumental to how we play down the right - both going forwards and backwards.

Howe and Tripper have literally spoken about how important Miggy is in how we press. But his obvious weaknesses (decision making in the final third, one-footedness and finishing) were masked when he was scoring for fun last season. 

• Like 1