O'Leary: Milner wants permanent Villa move

Scottish Mag

James Milner has told Aston Villa manager David O'Leary he wants to sign for the club on a permanent basis.

Milner is currently on a season-long loan from Newcastle and has impressed O'Leary, who worked with the player as a youngster when in charge of Leeds.

Now the England Under-21 midfielder - who was part of the deal which saw Nolberto Solano return to Newcastle for £1.5million during August - is keen to sign full-time for the midlands club.

But the matter may be taken out of his hands as Newcastle are understood to be keen on retaining Milner, who would be the natural long-term replacement on the right flank for Solano.

'Milner wants to stay with me here. That is definite. He wants to sign here without a doubt,' O'Leary said.

'He has given me those indications.

'That is good news for us and he has done a great job for Aston Villa this season and will only get better and better.

'But it would all be down to Newcastle and why should Freddy Shepherd do us any favours?

'We are a business. They are a business. We have got £1.5m sitting there which we got for Solano. We have that as a down payment. 'Maybe a second season on loan could be a possibility.

'If it means me keeping Milner for another year, instead of losing him, I would be delighted.'

Shouldn't sell Milner, but if we must, for the love of God not for pittance.

I think he has a bright future, has looked great this season and can learn alot from Nobby, taking over from him once he hangs up his boots.

Guest CrimsonFault
Shouldn't sell Milner, but if we must, for the love of God not for pittance.

I think he has a bright future, has looked great this season and can learn alot from Nobby, taking over from him once he hangs up his boots.

107580[/snapback]

Boots or trumpet?

(Shite joke.. SHITE)

Sorensen?

107631[/snapback]

He's their goalie, shirley?

107636[/snapback]

I couldn't say the first thing that came into my head when I saw Gemmill's question.

Sorensen?

107631[/snapback]

He's their goalie, shirley?

107636[/snapback]

I couldn't say the first thing that came into my head when I saw Gemmill's question.

107639[/snapback]

Me either :o

it's not a word you hear often these days, surely he did mean goalie didn't he?

107707[/snapback]

Opps that Goalie and not GOLlie...that was for ShearerGOLs return ;)

Any ways I think its Sorensen...but just a figure of speech to indicate a goallie can be a better forward that AMEOBI :o