Official Match Thread

The Mighty Hog

I wonder why no one ever gets as far as Alan Shearer in the post match criticism. He was deplorable today and offered nothing over the ninety minutes. Yet Shola (only marginally better by virtue of actually scoring a goal) gets subbed.

I can't wait to see him in his TV studio where in fact he should have been today had his current employers not bottled a decision that should have been made before last season.

Boumsong - fucking shit!

Parker and Emre - sadly lacking enough to get us where we need/want to be.

A shit performance for the 2nd game in a row - the position we find ourselves in in the league is not a lie and is deserving of our performances.

I wish this season was over - by 10pm on Wednesday it will be.

108080[/snapback]

100% agreement.

On the plus side, atleast Shola came through our youth set up. Saved Souness spending 7.5 million on him

108090[/snapback]

:o

funniest thing you have ever said. Nice work.

108100[/snapback]

Comical genius tbh.

Nothing mentioned about Mike Riley yet? We were well beaten today but fuck me, I could have strangled that cocknose. What a fucking incompetent tit, and this bloke is a FIFA referee.

Agree with Ugly Mackems about Shearer - he was useless today I'm afraid and we actually missed Shola when he went off.

Boumsong - what can you say? If you're gonna give a penalty away, at least let it be a genuine challenge for the ball - try and win the fucking thing. Don't jump on the bloke's back and pull him down you useless tit.

Nothing mentioned about Mike Riley yet?  We were well beaten today but fuck me, I could have strangled that cocknose.  What a fucking incompetent tit, and this bloke is a FIFA referee. 

Agree with Ugly Mackems about Shearer - he was useless today I'm afraid and we actually missed Shola when he went off.

Boumsong - what can you say?  If you're gonna give a penalty away, at least let it be a genuine challenge for the ball - try and win the fucking thing.  Don't jump on the bloke's back and pull him down you useless tit.

108119[/snapback]

It was the same on Boxing day - okay the better team won but the officials did all they could to help. I still hark back to Riley not sending Sorenson off last year and then his eagerness to send Babayaro and Boumsong off this year

Shearer has only been having one good game every now and then for the last 2 years at least imo.

I think the write-off of Emre and Parker above after two admittedly poorish games is very harsh.

Nothing mentioned about Mike Riley yet?  We were well beaten today but fuck me, I could have strangled that cocknose.  What a fucking incompetent tit, and this bloke is a FIFA referee. 

Boumsong - what can you say?  If you're gonna give a penalty away, at least let it be a genuine challenge for the ball - try and win the fucking thing.  Don't jump on the bloke's back and pull him down you useless tit.

108119[/snapback]

That was the most attrocious refereeing I have ever sen. I am surprised he wasnt wearing a liverpool shirt. FFS is a useless cu*t as well. I hope he now realises we need a real manager.

We were by far second best. We were beaten by Liverpool - I'm not happy about that but I can accept that part. What I can't accept is Mike Reilly's performance. It was not a bad or inconsistant performance due to bad or misjudged, but genuine errors.

It was however, blatant cheating, and I am disgusted.

108119[/snapback]

Agree about Shearer. Neither him nor Shola were playign well, and it was clear to everyone that Riley was in "anything shearer does is a foul mode" and Shola at least scored, so half time it had to be Dyer for Shearer.

As for Riley, the man is a cnut plain and simple. He combined gross incompitence with outright cheating and the fact that fuck all will be done about and he can contiue to be a useless gutless, cheating little shitbag is depressing.

Our defending most likely cost us the game (and not creating goals when we were in good positions) but Riley should just have put on a red shirt and had a group shag with half their team.

When Ramage was booked I'm sure Wanock was saying that if he'd have given the foul and yellow when the cheating scouse bastard dived earlier on then Ramage would be off - I was then surprised Riley din't say "you're right" and change it to red.

It was obvious after about 5 minutes and several decisions given Liverpool's way that it was gonna be a long day. I don't really think the bloke's a cheat or owt, I think he's just totally inept, although I can see why with some of the decisions today people think he actually wanted them to win.

No arguments about the result, Liverpool work hard and are well organised. Bit like Chelsea really, get results but for large periods piss poor to watch. As for Mavis Riley, another awful game from him yesterday. I think he's another one of these refs who likes to prove he's not intimidated by vocal crowds by giving decisions the other way on purpose; 'Am I bothered though?'

Another one of these tossers that justify those who claim refs want to be the centre of attention. I pity the national teams this foo' refs at the World Cup.

I wonder why no one ever gets as far as Alan Shearer in the post match criticism. He was deplorable today and offered nothing over the ninety minutes. Yet Shola (only marginally better by virtue of actually scoring a goal) gets subbed.

I can't wait to see him in his TV studio where in fact he should have been today had his current employers not bottled a decision that should have been made before last season.

Boumsong - fucking shit!

Parker and Emre - sadly lacking enough to get us where we need/want to be.

A shit performance for the 2nd game in a row - the position we find ourselves in in the league is not a lie and is deserving of our performances.

I wish this season was over - by 10pm on Wednesday it will be.

108080[/snapback]

Said in the pub post-match it was tough playing against Liverpool with 9 men, i.e. Boumsong off and Shearer up-front, he was shocking. I can only assume Shola was suffering with his hip and that's why he went off. I thought Robbie Elliott was MOTM, which tells its own story.

I thought both Shearer and Shola were the problem yesterday, both poor, both just far too slow. No movement, Carrager and Hypia (who I always think has a good game against Shearer) just lapped it up. If Dyer is now match fit then you have to play him and drop either Shola or Shearer, he gives us something different and we're crying out for pace up there.

I thought both Shearer and Shola were the problem yesterday, both poor, both just far too slow. No movement, Carrager and Hypia (who I always think has a good game against Shearer) just lapped it up. If Dyer is now match fit then you have to play him and drop either Shola or Shearer, he gives us something different and we're crying out for pace up there.

108246[/snapback]

Good call on Hypia. Shearer is always out muscled by him.

But when is Owen back?

Time and time gain we are exposed for what we are against the top teams - mediocre at best. Even under the so-called glory days under Robson we could never really compete with the best teams, you have to go back 10 years before we could. It's fucking depressing considering the fortunes we have spent, and whilst I don't want to start another tedious Shepherd argument, how can anyone but those at the top be held resposnible for our predicament? We just have to accept we will always be an also-ran club, pretty depressing considering our phenomenal support.

As far as the referee went, so what? He was inconsistent, made some bad decisions, but he made no impact on the result of the game. The truth is we were completely outplayed and could have lost by more. I said a few weeks ago we shouldn't get carried away by Roeder's apparent revival until we played the big 3. Well, it looks like we have got our answer and I'm gutted.

Time and time gain we are exposed for what we are against the top teams - mediocre at best. Even under the so-called glory days under Robson we could never really compete with the best teams, you have to go back 10 years before we could. It's fucking depressing considering the fortunes we have spent, and whilst I don't want to start another tedious Shepherd argument, how can anyone but those at the top be held resposnible for our predicament? We just have to accept we will always be an also-ran club, pretty depressing considering our phenomenal support.

As far as the referee went, so what? He was inconsistent, made some bad decisions, but he made no impact on the result of the game. The truth is we were completely outplayed and could have lost by more. I said a few weeks ago we shouldn't get carried away by Roeder's apparent revival until we played the big 3. Well, it looks like we have got our answer and I'm gutted.

108252[/snapback]

Spot on, sadly :lol:

I don't think anyone is blaming the referee for the defeat, we would have got beat anyway, but piss poor refereeing should be commented on.

108257[/snapback]

I agree as long as it doesn't detract from the important point, our performance. I'm a bit overly sensitive to criticisms of the referee because I swear to God the twat that sits in front of me is only interested in going to the match to shout abuse at the ref. It's so distracting it's driving me mad, it's non-stop and incessant, every single match. Of course, this twat can spot an offside at the Gallowgate end much better than the linesman, and of course, we should get awarded every single decision going.

Naturally yesterday I thought he was going to explode, but unfortunately this never happened. Still, if he keeps up his referee-hating antics rather than give one ounce of support to the team I may be forced to garott him with some clothesline.

I don't think anyone is blaming the referee for the defeat, we would have got beat anyway, but piss poor refereeing should be commented on.

108257[/snapback]

I agree as long as it doesn't detract from the important point, our performance. I'm a bit overly sensitive to criticisms of the referee because I swear to God the twat that sits in front of me is only interested in going to the match to shout abuse at the ref. It's so distracting it's driving me mad, it's non-stop and incessant, every single match. Of course, this twat can spot an offside at the Gallowgate end much better than the linesman, and of course, we should get awarded every single decision going.

Naturally yesterday I thought he was going to explode, but unfortunately this never happened. Still, if he keeps up his referee-hating antics rather than give one ounce of support to the team I may be forced to garott him with some clothesline.

108261[/snapback]

Where do you sit Renton? Cos the bloke that sits two from me sounds exactly like that. He'll make more noise if the goalkeeper doesn't take a free kick in his own area from the exact spot than if we fucking score.

108257[/snapback]

108261[/snapback]

Where do you sit Renton? Cos the bloke that sits two from me sounds exactly like that. He'll make more noise if the goalkeeper doesn't take a free kick in his own area from the exact spot than if we fucking score.

108444[/snapback]

I'm SJH level 4, Access 13, about half way between the away fans and the Leazes goal. Mind, the whole ground is full of knackers like the one in front of me.